"Thinking about a November Rain STORM! Whats's fave Appetite track?"

Encuentro

Does this meaning anything? It's the 25 year anniversary of AFD. Could they possibly be planning some kind of 25 year deluxe edition? It seems strange to me that they wouldn't. Many major bands with landmark albums have released anniversary editions with tons of demos and alternate takes. Nirvana released 2 CD deluxe and 4 CD/1 DVD super deluxe editions of Nevermind. Pearl Jam released deluxe and super deluxe editions of Ten. GNR has a plethora of alternate takes and demos from the AFD sessions. AFD deserves deluxe and super deluxe treatments.

Why would the official GNR Facebook page post that they were thinking about Baron Von Storm/Matt Sorum and follow that up with a question about AFD?

Because social media has been chattering about Matt Sorum, Mike Portnoy, November Rain & Axl today, and the guy who runs the gunsnroses social media decided to chime in?

If the band gets the rights to the master tapes in 5 years, better to wait. But it could also repair relations between Axl and the label if he agreed to put something together and work out his own record deal for future recordings.

I was amused by Portnoy and Sorum's banter. Sorum basically going "we sold 20 million, Dream Theater sold how much total?"

November Rain STORM = Baron Von Storm

portnoysorum1.jpg

portnoysorum2.jpg

Hahaha, Matt owned Portnoy's ass flawlessly.

Except not. Mike Portnoy is generally considered one of the top 5 drummers on the planet. All Matt did was prove that if the other guys write god enough songs, you can be a shitty drummer like Charlie Watts, Ringo Starr and Phil Rudd...although considering my personal opinion on AC/DC, I would argue that isn't the case with Phil Rudd

portnoysorum1.jpg

portnoysorum2.jpg

Except not. Mike Portnoy is generally considered one of the top 5 drummers on the planet. All Matt did was prove that if the other guys write god enough songs, you can be a shitty drummer like Charlie Watts, Ringo Starr and Phil Rudd...although considering my personal opinion on AC/DC, I would argue that isn't the case with Phil Rudd

Portnoy is a better drummer than Sorum, but I think he meant he owned Portnoy in their Twitter banter, not on the drums. Also, just because a drummer keeps things simple doesn't make them a bad drummer. Phil Rudd, for example, has incredible timing and a hard hitting style. Fills all over the place wouldn't fit with AC/DC's music. Same with Charlie Watts. He does what he needs to do. The Stones were never about the drumming.

portnoysorum1.jpg

portnoysorum2.jpg

Charlie Watts is a very very talented drummer, what he does with the Stones is a tiny fraction of all the different styles he has done throughout his lifetime and by calling him a shitty drummer you have shown yourself to be thick as pigshit.