To Everyone blaming GNR for lack of New Album

sailaway

blah blah blah, its always the same onld excuses. Green day as a triple album coming out, i am stitting hear listening to the 1st one. Next one in nov, last in jan. Why can EVERY other band release and tour new music except nugnr? Probably because their isnt anything to release. That is the excuse that makes most sense. GNR are my favorite band, hope i am wrong, but new music hits stores every tuesday. Shouldnt be that hard for Axl

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you’re going to start a company that deals with musicians, please do it because you like music. Offer some control and equity to the artists and try to give us some creative guidance. If music and art and passion are important to you, there are hundreds of artists who are ready to rewrite the rules.

In the last few years, business pulled our culture away from the idea that music is important and emotional and sacred. But new technology has brought a real opportunity for change; we can break down the old system and give musicians real freedom and choice.

A great writer named Neal Stephenson said that America does four things better than any other country in the world: rock music, movies, software and high-speed pizza delivery. All of these are sacred American art forms. Let’s return to our purity and our idealism while we have this shot.

Warren Beatty once said: “The greatest gift God gives us is to enjoy the sound of our own voice. And the second greatest gift is to get somebody to listen to it.”

And for that, I humbly thank you.

Close

Courtney Love is the lead singer of the acclaimed rock group Hole, and has starred in films like "The People vs. Larry Flynt" and "Man on the Moon."

Kaptich -

Instead of empty mockery, why don't you try to prove me wrong if you think I'm incorrect? Why such lazy and hallow posting?

I don't have to prove you wrong. I feel like nobody should give them anymore money or attention. The band was paid to record music and that's what they did, but they don't seem to be eager to release music. Compare "GNR" with Slash's band just for exemple. They're enjoying making music, they want to rock out. Axl and his band... I don't know what they do...

blah blah blah, its always the same onld excuses. Green day as a triple album coming out, i am stitting hear listening to the 1st one. Next one in nov, last in jan. Why can EVERY other band release and tour new music except nugnr? Probably because their isnt anything to release. That is the excuse that makes most sense. GNR are my favorite band, hope i am wrong, but new music hits stores every tuesday. Shouldnt be that hard for Axl

Quite a few Artists are having numerous difficulties with the failing powers that be,You are approaching this with a negative attitude,and wanting a scapegoat to blame.

GNR aren't your scapegoat,they don't owe you a thing.

The benefit and Vegas residency is already scheduled,Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to be a fan of a ba nd that causes you such distress,tired of waiting? Don't wait anymore. :rolleyes:

Kaptich -

Instead of empty mockery, why don't you try to prove me wrong if you think I'm incorrect? Why such lazy and hallow posting?

I don't have to prove you wrong. I feel like nobody should give them anymore money or attention. The band was paid to record music and that's what they did, but they don't seem to be eager to release music. Compare "GNR" with Slash's band just for exemple. They're enjoying making music, they want to rock out. Axl and his band... I don't know what they do...

Shame you can't dictate everyone's actions to suit your own selfish desires.

GNR isn't comparable to any other band,that is part of the fascination/intrigue and they don't have to fork over money for their own star nor visit all the late night purgatory shows to keep selling tickets,or fill arenas.

Nine Inch Nails are not on a label.

So, those examples are not applicable to GN'R. Try again.

Ali

NIN are not on a label...because Trent was dissatisfied with his label.

He TOOK ACTION and left, he didn't wait for twenty years like Axl did ( if that's the real reason music is not getting released which we all know isn't the case as band members said they still had to do some recording for songs that are already ten years old ).

really? every band that has ever existed releases and tours new music at the exact rate of your arbitrary example? interesting.

Miraculous,I'm impressed :D

Trent was only able to leave because his contract had expired. When Axl's contract expires, perhaps he will leave as well.

BTW, Trent just inked a deal with Sony . . .

And how did he fulfill his contract ?

Not by releasing new music or by being creative, mind you, just by releasing a remix album, something that doesn't take that much work but that for some reason GnR doesn't do.

Label didn't want to release "The Closure dvd" ? Trent leaked it. Label wanted to prevent a LITS bluray from ever happening ? Trent released all the footage.

What does Axl do except for blaming everyone else ?

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Ali,

Are you able to agree that the label investing over a decade and almost 14 million dollars into CD - along with Axl missing deadlines, firing multiple people, and refusing to promote the ablum - has a little bit to do with the label being leary on going through the process again with Axl? If you don't think that is a factor, are you aware of any other band, in the history of rock music, that had a similar story to the making/releasing of Chinese Democracy?

Or - do you think GnR would be in the same boat if CD had cost $2 million, taken two years and Axl had promoted it?

Or is it a big conspiracy against Axl, as Duff, Izzy, Slash, Adler, and even DJ are all able to put out albums whenever they want.

What does any of this have to do with the simple fact that GN'R is under contract with UMG and simply cannot just put out music for free, or otherwise, at their discretion?

Ali

Sailway, again. Please keep the immature personal comments to the attitude section.

D&N is for those who want to chat about GnR. Attitude is the junior high school ground area for name calling and insults. D&N is for discussing/attacking/agreeing with people's ideas and opinions.

Ali,

It has everything to do with it.

People are speculating why GnR hasn't released Round Two of the new band's era. A couple of the people on this forum, who think that the world has some huge conspiracy against Axl, are saying that Axl has no fault and the label is completely at fault for delaying the next potential GnR album.

I've never said they should put out music for free.

To say that UMG is NOT releasing GnR music simply because of their own financial reasons, the collapse of big labels, and because they are out to spite Axl is simply untrue.

Are you implying that the cluster that was the production of CD and Axl's behavior has nothing to do with why the label might be nervous and not chomping at the bit to work with GnR/Axl again? Simple question. Did Axl's behavior with CD put him in the situation he is in today with the label - or do you feel Axl has NOTHING to do with it, and it is soley a label issue and GnR just unforunately (and randomly) is caught up in it?

Why is is that the core group here that defends Axl on every issue (including beating women) won't respond to the album questions? Should be simply quick answers.

Take Axl out of the picture. (Now you don't have to make your first post where you say something negative about Axl).

Let's say Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga take 14 years to produce their next album. They spend over 10 million dollars of the label's money on it. They ignore every deadline the label gives them. They fire every producer the label sends their way. And then they refuse to promote the album once it comes out. Do you think the label would then bend over backwards to invest in their next album??????

Quite a few Artists are having numerous difficulties with the failing powers that be,You are approaching this with a negative attitude,and wanting a scapegoat to blame.

GNR aren't your scapegoat,they don't owe you a thing.

The benefit and Vegas residency is already scheduled,Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to be a fan of a ba nd that causes you such distress,tired of waiting? Don't wait anymore. :rolleyes:

YES!!! another favorite line "they dont owe you anything". no kidding. no band or entertainer owes me, you or anyone anything. All i am saying is, if Axl really wanted to put out new music, he would. pretty simple!

Ali,

Are you able to agree that the label investing over a decade and almost 14 million dollars into CD - along with Axl missing deadlines, firing multiple people, and refusing to promote the ablum - has a little bit to do with the label being leary on going through the process again with Axl? If you don't think that is a factor, are you aware of any other band, in the history of rock music, that had a similar story to the making/releasing of Chinese Democracy?

Or - do you think GnR would be in the same boat if CD had cost $2 million, taken two years and Axl had promoted it?

Or is it a big conspiracy against Axl, as Duff, Izzy, Slash, Adler, and even DJ are all able to put out albums whenever they want.

What does any of this have to do with the simple fact that GN'R is under contract with UMG and simply cannot just put out music for free, or otherwise, at their discretion?

Ali

Sailway, again. Please keep the immature personal comments to the attitude section.

D&N is for those who want to chat about GnR. Attitude is the junior high school ground area for name calling and insults. D&N is for discussing/attacking/agreeing with people's ideas and opinions.

Ali,

People are speculating why GnR hasn't released Round Two of the new band's era. A couple of the people on this forum, who think that the world has some huge conspiracy against Axl, are saying that Axl has no fault and the label is completely at fault for delaying the next potential GnR album.

To say that UMG is NOT releasing GnR music simply because of their own financial reasons, the collapse of big labels, and because they are out to spite Axl is simply untrue.

Are you implying that the cluster that was the production of CD and Axl's behavior has nothing to do with why the label might be nervous and not chomping at the bit to work with GnR/Axl again? Simple question. Did Axl's behavior with CD put him in the situation he is in today with the label - or do you feel Axl has NOTHING to do with it, and it is soley a label issue and GnR just unforunately (and randomly) is caught up in it?

Why is is that the core group here that defends Axl on every issue (including beating women) won't respond to the album questions? Should be simply quick answers.

Take Axl out of the picture. (Now you don't have to make your first post where you say something negative about Axl).

Let's say Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga take 14 years to produce their next album. They spend over 10 million dollars of the label's money on it. They ignore every deadline the label gives them. They fire every producer the label sends their way. And then they refuse to promote the album once it comes out. Do you think the label would then bend over backwards to invest in their next album??????

Your straw man argument has nothing to do with the point I raised.

Ali

Nine Inch Nails are not on a label.

So, those examples are not applicable to GN'R. Try again.

Ali

NIN are not on a label...because Trent was dissatisfied with his label.

He TOOK ACTION and left, he didn't wait for twenty years like Axl did ( if that's the real reason music is not getting released which we all know isn't the case as band members said they still had to do some recording for songs that are already ten years old ).

No, they are not on a label because they fulfilled their contract.

http://www.billboard.com/search/?keyword=nine+inch+nails&x=0&y=0#/news/nine-inch-nails-celebrates-free-agent-status-1003655498.story

Ali

Ali,

Ali

Ali,

Give it up,nobody cares about your endless walls of Groghanisms.

And again,you don't dictate my behavior.

Seek attention elsewhere,as well as counseling :crazy:

You choose your little opinion over facts and statistics,good luck with that.

EVERY OTHER BAND IS ABLE TO RELEASE AN ALBUM.

IT'S THE AXL, STUPID.

You choose to believe that,doesn't make it true.

Good post.

That would make sense.

I think it is a combination of what you just said, along with sorting out having bucket/finck on some of the big guns like General and Soulmonster, as well as Axl's quirky feelings about releasing new music. Tied with constant touring and trying to get all current members involved in writing.

The label also knows that Axl probably isn't going to do any publicity for the next album, and he also has a reputation of being difficult to work with, and he reportedly spent 14 million and a decade on the last album.......so you can't blame a label for being cautious.

I really think it can all be put to wash pretty easily.

To satisfy the label, to satisfy the reunionists, to satisfy the fans, and to satisfy the band.

Box set in time for Christmas featuring all old CD material, remix album, live dvd.

Let current band have rest of 2012 off to rest and relax.

Get back together in January 2013 and have new band record album written only by current members. Release summer of 2013 and tour new album.

Nice try,but it's more complicated than that. I love how everyone has their own solutions that would magically solve the issues at hand without knowing the issues at hand.Tt

At least you arent disregarding all info and blaming it all on GNR.

1 album or original material in 21 years and it's the labels fault? I got a bridge to sell if anyone's interested

Good post.

That would make sense.

I think it is a combination of what you just said, along with sorting out having bucket/finck on some of the big guns like General and Soulmonster, as well as Axl's quirky feelings about releasing new music. Tied with constant touring and trying to get all current members involved in writing.

The label also knows that Axl probably isn't going to do any publicity for the next album, and he also has a reputation of being difficult to work with, and he reportedly spent 14 million and a decade on the last album.......so you can't blame a label for being cautious.

To satisfy the label, to satisfy the reunionists, to satisfy the fans, and to satisfy the band.

Box set in time for Christmas featuring all old CD material, remix album, live dvd.

Get back together in January 2013 and have new band record album written only by current members. Release summer of 2013 and tour new album.

Nice try,but it's more complicated than that. I love how everyone has their own solutions that would magically solve the issues at hand without knowing the issues at hand.Tt

1 album or original material in 21 years and it's the labels fault? I got a bridge to sell if anyone's interested

You need some new material,seriously.

tired of waiting? Don't wait,pretty simple.

Ali,

Ali

Ali,

Give it up,nobody cares about your endless walls of Groghanisms.

And again,you don't dictate my behavior.

Seek attention elsewhere,as well as counseling :crazy:

You choose your little opinion over facts and statistics,good luck with that.

EVERY OTHER BAND IS ABLE TO RELEASE AN ALBUM.

IT'S THE AXL, STUPID.

Are you capable of conversation without insulting people? You really think that 50 year olds should act like you do? Your constant foul language and juvenile insults remind me of grade school boys puffing their chests in the school yard. You think you are hurting my feelings or "winning" something.....dude I'm actually embarrassed for you.

So it is safe to say that you can't answer any questions that aren't set up to show your God I'm the most positive light possible.

14 years, 14 million dollars, no Axl promotion, Axl firing multiple producers, and Axl missing numerous deadlines. See how I use facts instead of personal attacks to prove your points are wrong. That's how adults do it.

Please stick to the topic and leave the insults and foul language in the Attitude section. Act your age. Thanks.

Edited by Groghan

Good post.

That would make sense.

You need some new material,seriously.

tired of waiting? Don't wait,pretty simple.

I'm not! Just stating a fact and rebutting the argument it's the label's fault, albiet, very briefly :popcorn:

EMI is being merged with UMG and this has prompted an antitrust suit.Many Artists are at odds with their Labels at the current time,not just GNR.

In a recent RS interview Neil Peart from RUSH was discussing an impending New Album,and Pete Townsend said "why bother?"

Also,consider the following letter:

Divestments in the wake of mergers should first offer copyrights, at market rates, to nhe artists who created them. To sell them to other corporations, whether large or small,is just a perpetuation of an old business model, which has seen the recorded music business halve in value over 10 years. During that time, the technological revolution has displaced the old music business players. We do not need to repeat the mistakes of the past.

It would be good to have music business people rather than financiers owning and running music companies again. It would be even better to have artists owning their work and entering into partner relationships with service-providing majorand independent record companies with all the finance and expertise an artist needs to develop their own business.

That letter is signed by Ed O'Brien of Radiohead and Nick Mason of Pink Floyd.

Of course, I imagine that the labels and the artists might disagree about what "market rates" are. Also,givenhowfocused the labels are on fighting copyright termination in their continuing efforts to try to screw Artists over,and unwilling to make the cuts/changes that would be their only salvation in the current state of affaiirs and in this economy.

Ever think just maybe GNR is touring While in negotiations with the Label?

I'm not buying it. No doubt a merger of this size could delay an album release by an artist under these multinationals but it's clear IMO that's it's Axl perfectionism that dictates the long periods of time between albums.

I wouldn't necessarily call it perfectionism, I would call it insecurity

Are you capable of conversation without insulting people? You really think that 50 year olds should act like you do? Your constant foul language and juvenile insults remind me of grade school boys puffing their chests in the school yard. You think you are hurting my feelings or "winning" something.....dude I'm actually embarrassed for you.

So it is safe to say that you can't answer any questions that aren't set up to show your God I'm the most positive light possible.

14 years, 14 million dollars, no Axl promotion, Axl firing multiple producers, and Axl missing numerous deadlines. See how I use facts instead of personal attacks to prove your points are wrong. That's how adults do it.

Please stick to the topic and leave the insults and foul language in the Attitude section. Act your age. Thanks.

Mr.Intrical,I don't work for you,you don't pay my bills,you don't dictate my behavior.

So I'm disinclined to aquiese to your request.

If you could manage to clinb down offa your high horse long enough to read some of the facts and statistics I posted, you might learn a few things, they matter more than ur self inflated little opinions, that are undoubtedly wedged in the same place th stick is.

"That's how adults do it" HA HA!!! :lol: :lol:

Go lecture somebody else, Boy.

And stay on topic, Ali responded to you, dalsh posted a supporting fact, you simply don't like the answers,facts or statistics, so you return to form and resort to personal attacks.

Typical Groghan.

Edited by sailaway