YOUR BAND !!

Mfegz

Thought this might be interesting to see what kind of band forum members are in ?

heres mine :

My band is called "Fire (The Unstoppable Force).

im on the drums and keyboard im a guitarist but decided to have a change......its actually more fun on drums !

so.................whats your band ??

Edited by Axlashba

Cool thread

Im in a band called Crybaby Special and The Monsters. We recently released our first EP which was recorded by Adem Hilmi (currently producing Peter Doherty's second record) and produced by Mik Whitnall guitarist from Babyshambles, he also played on three of the six tracks. Were going to record our next single at the beginning of September and are planning on releasing our second EP before christmas. Were being featured in Art rocker in the next few days, and our single from our debut EP is being played by John Kennedy on XFM within the next few weeks.

I play bass

Here's a few reviews we've had

"The murky circus freakshow of Crybaby Special and the Monster is a world where Gogol Bordello-tinged gypsy-punk meets the Specials and Black Rider era Tom Waits. "

"Sounds like what might have happened if Madness wrote the soundtrack for The Nightmare Before Christmas"

"Wierd, but fucking brilliant"

"Bob Dylan on crack"

Here's our EP teaser

My band is called The Steakouts. We're a ska band from Rochester & Buffalo, NY (Half of us live in Rochester, half in Buffalo so we don't really have a single hometown). We just released our second EP called "Gather 'Round For Some Culture" and just finished up our 2 week "Nobody Beats Our Meat" tour in support of it, where we played in New York, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. I play bari sax in the band, and the rest of our horn section consists of a tenor sax and a trumpet, on top of the rhythm section. We formed in December 2009 and have played about 100 shows since including opening for ska/punk legends such as The Toasters, Mustard Plug, The Slackers, Authority Zero and The Wailers, and The Pietasters.

Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/thesteakouts

A couple videos:

this is cool, a wide range of styles, for some reason i thought it wud just be a load of 80's style butt rock bands........instead some really cool stuff !!

Butt rock? :lol:

For me, I love playing ska because it gives me a chance to play my primary instrument (Saxophone) which you really can't do in most rock/metal bands.

My band is called The Steakouts. We're a ska band from Rochester & Buffalo, NY (Half of us live in Rochester, half in Buffalo so we don't really have a single hometown). We just released our second EP called "Gather 'Round For Some Culture" and just finished up our 2 week "Nobody Beats Our Meat" tour in support of it, where we played in New York, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. I play bari sax in the band, and the rest of our horn section consists of a tenor sax and a trumpet, on top of the rhythm section. We formed in December 2009 and have played about 100 shows since including opening for ska/punk legends such as The Toasters, Mustard Plug, The Slackers, Authority Zero and The Wailers, and The Pietasters.

Facebook page:

A couple videos:

loving your video's good stuff man

this is cool, a wide range of styles, for some reason i thought it wud just be a load of 80's style butt rock bands........instead some really cool stuff !!

For me, I love playing ska because it gives me a chance to play my primary instrument (Saxophone) which you really can't do in most rock/metal bands.

might not be the type of metal you like but quite a few metal bands use saxaphones now

Facebook page:

A couple videos:

When did Dee Snyder join the band? :tongue2:

Nice vids...and yeah,let's keep the thread in here this time.This is cool. :devilshades:

Facebook page:

A couple videos:

Nice vids...and yeah,let's keep the thread in here this time.This is cool. :devilshades:

:lol:

He was a fill in bassist for tour from Philly, someone I go to school with. That show was actually the first time he ever played with us. No rehearsing or anything, so it was kind of nerve-wracking.

Facebook page:

A couple videos:

rofl-lol.gif

Great vids P5. Love em. thumbsup.gif

yeah butt rock like this.....

that was my first band, when i was young, lol we thought we could make it like GN'R.......................

Facebook page:

A couple videos:

rofl-lol.gif

Great vids P5. Love em. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, I'll have to mail you a CD sometime ;)

New rehearsal video, this time a complete song rather than just instrumental footage! All critique welcome!

that sounded really good :) I like the style

This is my old metal band where I played lead Guitar (2 years old I think)

http://sv-se.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Victims/130466007029075?sk=app_2405167945

and this is an old instrumental school project that I made together with a friend who playes bass where I played all the guitar parts. (2 years old too)

http://www.myspace.com/lovebetweensixeyes/music

Edited by Desperado

New rehearsal video, this time a complete song rather than just instrumental footage! All critique welcome!

and this is an old instrumental school project that I made together with a friend who playes bass where I played all the guitar parts. (2 years old too)

Thanks man! I enjoyed the metal tunes, In Flames (especially old In Flames) are one of my favourite bands so I really dug the low growling and some of the twin-lead guitar work. Do you still have any projects on the go?

Thanks man! I enjoyed the metal tunes, In Flames (especially old In Flames) are one of my favourite bands so I really dug the low growling and some of the twin-lead guitar work. Do you still have any projects on the go?

Thanks :) Yeah me and two other guys (the bassist from the metal band and a guitar player who has been playing viking/folk metal) has just started a new band where we try to make more heavy old school sounding rock because none of us have really tryed that before. We still need a singer and a drumer and because we come from a smaller town most of the good players are allready in other bands. But the other guitar player playes drums in a Rockabilly band so he maybe will play drums on a demo if we get around doing that anytime soon :)

will you guys record anything any time soon? really liked the vocal harmonies :)

Thanks :) Yeah me and two other guys (the bassist from the metal band and a guitar player who has been playing viking/folk metal) has just started a new band where we try to make more heavy old school sounding rock because none of us have really tryed that before. We still need a singer and a drumer and because we come from a smaller town most of the good players are allready in other bands. But the other guitar player playes drums in a Rockabilly band so he maybe will play drums on a demo if we get around doing that anytime soon :)

will you guys record anything any time soon? really liked the vocal harmonies :)

Haha! Personnel issues are the bane of absolutely every band I've been in, so I know your pain! I'm really interested in experimenting with atmospherics and ambience, everything from Post-Rock to Trance and I really think there's a market for fusing that to the kind of Scottish Celtic rock we've got going (if you give the first video I posted a look, the instrumental starting at 2:40 or so should give you an idea), but I haven't as yet been able to tie down a good synth player (they're very thin on the ground around here). I know one and he's been working two jobs this summer, but that should end at the start of the new University year so I'm hoping to drag him on board but in the Autumn I'm moving to England so this is going to become a lot more part-time. Before that I'm more anxious about getting us some gigging experience and consolidating us as a live act who're comfortable working with each other, we can sort out recording later (maybe over Christmas).

Edited by Graeme