YOUR BAND !!

Mfegz

Haha! Personnel issues are the bane of absolutely every band I've been in, so I know your pain! I'm really interested in experimenting with atmospherics and ambience, everything from Post-Rock to Trance and I really think there's a market for fusing that to the kind of Scottish Celtic rock we've got going (if you give the first video I posted a look, the instrumental starting at 2:40 or so should give you an idea), but I haven't as yet been able to tie down a good synth player (they're very thin on the ground around here). I know one and he's been working two jobs this summer, but that should end at the start of the new University year so I'm hoping to drag him on board but in the Autumn I'm moving to England so this is going to become a lot more part-time. Before that I'm more anxious about getting us some gigging experience and consolidating us as a live act who're comfortable working with each other, we can sort out recording later (maybe over Christmas).

some of the parts in that video sounded really good :) and now I saw what kind of guitar you usesand I got the same one and really want to record something with it :D

yeah it's really hard to find people so most of the time nothing happens. With my old band we used to play live alot so it sucks now when I haven't done it in a year :P

It would be really nice to hear some of your stuff recorded because you got something really good going on there :) I really want to record something soon too even if it just is instrumental.

Haha! Personnel issues are the bane of absolutely every band I've been in, so I know your pain! I'm really interested in experimenting with atmospherics and ambience, everything from Post-Rock to Trance and I really think there's a market for fusing that to the kind of Scottish Celtic rock we've got going (if you give the first video I posted a look, the instrumental starting at 2:40 or so should give you an idea), but I haven't as yet been able to tie down a good synth player (they're very thin on the ground around here). I know one and he's been working two jobs this summer, but that should end at the start of the new University year so I'm hoping to drag him on board but in the Autumn I'm moving to England so this is going to become a lot more part-time. Before that I'm more anxious about getting us some gigging experience and consolidating us as a live act who're comfortable working with each other, we can sort out recording later (maybe over Christmas).

some of the parts in that video sounded really good :) and now I saw what kind of guitar you usesand I got the same one and really want to record something with it :D

yeah it's really hard to find people so most of the time nothing happens. With my old band we used to play live alot so it sucks now when I haven't done it in a year :P

It would be really nice to hear some of your stuff recorded because you got something really good going on there :) I really want to record something soon too even if it just is instrumental.

You have a Black Beauty as well? No way! :D Took me forever to save up for it, but the more I play it, the more I fall in love with it!

You have a Black Beauty as well? No way! :D Took me forever to save up for it, but the more I play it, the more I fall in love with it!

yeah a Gibson Les Paul Custom :) the same here. ones I got the right strings and the right intonation it plays and sounds like magic :D I used to have a Esp Ltd Kirk Hammet les paul model but it got stolen :no:

New rehearsal video, this time a complete song rather than just instrumental footage! All critique welcome!

that sounded really good :) I like the style

This is my old metal band where I played lead Guitar (2 years old I think)

http://sv-se.faceboo...=app_2405167945

and this is an old instrumental school project that I made together with a friend who playes bass where I played all the guitar parts. (2 years old too)

http://www.myspace.c...ensixeyes/music

all i can say is that dead victims song kicks some serious ass death metal mixed with some thrash?

New rehearsal video, this time a complete song rather than just instrumental footage! All critique welcome!

that sounded really good :) I like the style

This is my old metal band where I played lead Guitar (2 years old I think)

http://sv-se.faceboo...=app_2405167945

and this is an old instrumental school project that I made together with a friend who playes bass where I played all the guitar parts. (2 years old too)

http://www.myspace.c...ensixeyes/music

all i can say is that dead victims song kicks some serious ass death metal mixed with some thrash?

thanks :D yeah we tryed to make something heavy but melodic :P

Edited by Desperado

I'm in a band in Glasgow called Bismarck. We're kinda hard rock with elements of janglier stuff like the Stone Roses, pre-Electric Cult and a bit of punk.

There's 3 songs from a demo we recorded last year on our YouTube channel as well as some live stuff.

Give it a swatch.

Edited by Bansidhe

Thought this might be interesting to see what kind of band forum members are in ?

heres mine :

My band is called "Fire (The Unstoppable Force).

im on the drums and keyboard im a guitarist but decided to have a change......its actually more fun on drums !

so.................whats your band ??

Great job on the drums. I like the song too.

http://www.reverbnation.com/croatone

i play guitar, should have our full length album mastered and ready to sell in a few months

there's already a thread and a section for this but I'm not complaining because it probably gets the least traffic of the whole forum

You guys sound great. Keep up the good work. I like your music. I liked Landmaster sounded pretty badass.

Edited by rocker rockstar

Here is some of my music. I made a demo in 2006. Made up a band name called Multiple Dimensions which was me with some studio musicians and the sound engineer. So the band never really was a band it was more of solo studio project. Anyways, here is the link. I did the vocals and came up with some of the guitar parts. The engineer played the guitar parts on the recording not me. I did come up with demo versions of the songs and he improved the guitar parts since he is better at guitar then I am.

The song Heaven and Can't Believe are demos of me just messing around in my home studio. On these two songs I am singing and playing guitar parts.

http://www.myspace.com/multipledimensionsmusic

Here is some of my early demos from the old days of me just messing around in my home studio... Some dude posted them pretending to be me. Anways I guess that is what I get for sending him my demo mp3 when he said he liked them. For some reason people really like the song Call Me. He even copied my band name for his account. Anyways not sure if it is a fan page or him trying to trick people into thinking he wrote my stuff. I think Call Me was so bad that it was good because people were talking about it on a forum for a long time one time I posted it. The song Hole is me trying to play like Slash well closer to Pearl Jam. Anyways, I am not a great guitarist but I tried. That is me singing on the tunes too.

http://www.myspace.com/callmemultipledimensions

http://www.reverbnation.com/croatone

i play guitar, should have our full length album mastered and ready to sell in a few months

there's already a thread and a section for this but I'm not complaining because it probably gets the least traffic of the whole forum

You guys sound great. Keep up the good work. I like your music. I liked Landmaster sounded pretty badass.

Thanks man! much appreciated. I checked out your solo stuff and it rocks, you have a great guitar tone, also diggin the vocals

New band, not recording till next week but we've done a few gigs with admiral fallow etc. Enjoying it. Only got some early acoustic versions of songs but decent enough quality.

Skip to 1:17, just playing our local, I'm on the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qoHZ_NPhUM&feature=relmfu

Liked the tunes everyone's put up - Bismarck especially.

Edited by Snake Eyes

• 3 weeks later...

Matinator I like your music. Sounds pretty rock'n to me.

Hey guys, we've just made our single available online...it's not out till the 29th of October. Would love to see what you guys think...

My link

I like your music from what I have heard. Need better production but it sounds good so far as the song.

New band, not recording till next week but we've done a few gigs with admiral fallow etc. Enjoying it. Only got some early acoustic versions of songs but decent enough quality.

For the youtube video it sounded pretty good. The recording audio fidelity was not the best but the song sounded good too me. Would be better to hear what it is supposed to sound like on a album.