Next album song titles--

Vincent Vega

Here are a list of confirmed (from Axl's chats back in 2008) working titles for songs on the next record:

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

That's 11 songs, with possibly others which weren't mentioned. Add to that a possibly re-worked OMG and a possibly totally reimagined Silkworms and you'd have 13 songs right there. Once again--there could be other songs whose titles weren't mentioned by Axl. Obviously, in some state of completion or another, Axl has enough material for at least another full album. I'd love if we could use this thread to speculate on these confirmed songs and song titles--What they might be like, etc. I really hope that we hear at least one or more in the next year or so.....

I really wish the band/Axl would keep us in the loop. If stuff with the record label, for example, is holding back the release of a next album, it'd be nice if we knew...I just wanna hear what Axl's got in the bag.

I really wish the band/Axl would keep us in the loop. If stuff with the record label, for example, is holding back the release of a next album, it'd be nice if we knew...I just wanna hear what Axl's got in the bag.

universal has already made it clear that they "will not promote or support a future gnr release that does not have slash or duff playing on it, at minimum".

when axl says that "there are some things to work out with the label", that's what he is referencing.

I think the list is a lot longer. What else was there again? My memory is poor atm.

Either way, they don't mean shit right now because they're tucked away in Uncle Axl's vault so he can sit on them and make a new version every 2 to 4 years.

Here are a list of confirmed (from Axl's chats back in 2008) working titles for songs on the next record:

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

I don´t know why but I have the feeling that "Down by the Ocean" and "Thyme" are powerfull ballads, or at least that is how I imagine them. On the other hand I imagine "Leave me alone" and "Zodiac" as rockers. As for the others... I don´t know.

universal has already made it clear that they "will not promote or support a future gnr release that does not have slash or duff playing on it, at minimum".

Source of GTFO

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

I don´t know why but I have the feeling that "Down by the Ocean" and "Thyme" are powerfull ballads, or at least that is how I imagine them. On the other hand I imagine "Leave me alone" and "Zodiac" as rockers. As for the others... I don´t know.

Jeff Leeds says that Zodiac is an electronic/industrial song.

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

Jeff Leeds says that Zodiac is an electronic/industrial song.

True, that electronic/industrial stuff is inside what I mean by rock not just in the classical sense. I imagine it to be like Shackler´s or something like that.

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

That's 11 songs, with possibly others which weren't mentioned. Add to that a possibly re-worked OMG and a possibly totally reimagined Silkworms and you'd have 13 songs right there. Once again--there could be other songs whose titles weren't mentioned by Axl. Obviously, in some state of completion or another, Axl has enough material for at least another full album. I'd love if we could use this thread to speculate on these confirmed songs and song titles--What they might be like, etc. I really hope that we hear at least one or more in the next year or so.....

I like the Leave me alone title. I think Axl could write some cool ass lyrics for that song. Something like the MJ song.

How about "did I ask for your opinion? lol

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

I'm pretty sure that Leave me Alone was renamed to Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster

EDIT: theres also Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and me?

Edited by OMG

Source of GTFO

my source is someone who was employed by universal up until march of this year. what's quoted were his exact words.

Ides Of March

Oklahoma (Berlin)

Atlas Shrugged

Down By The Ocean (Izzy)

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Soul Monster

I'm pretty sure down by the ocean is Axl's take on Izzy's Box..YouTube it..damn good song!