Buckethead on His Time in Guns 'N' Roses: "No Answer."

Guest NGOG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all in all the dudes a great player. but i never thought the begnining of this >

suited GNR. i like how when the techno music starts and axl announces bucket it quiet as hell.

i'm not a big fan of all of his shtick either - but think of it this way, what does the general public think of when they think of NuGNR? Buckethead. Sure, that was partly because of the VMAs, but that was also partly because Bucket was very unique and NOTHING like the old band. At the time, I don't think people were ready for it - but in retrospect the '02 lineup had their own unique image and sound and really did seem to be striving to be their own band. Even when Bucket played Slash's solos, he made them his own. Compare that to now, when basically they just play them note-for-note. I dunno, Bucket at least had a distinct image and for better or worse people still remember him as being one of the faces of the new band.

I'm sorry for you, DJ ASHBA is a current member :rolleyes: he must talk about GNR

Oh he's a fucking "member" alright! A big, fat, veiny, sell yer granny for a sniff of ginger, throbbing member is exactly what he is! :lol:

:rofl-lol:

You just been outed as a Turtledove fan?

:wub:

Am I the only one feeling that his solo's here really miss that rough edge that Nightrain should have?

Buckethead's is probably too good to mimic Slash's staccato solo:

Slash: [...] if I were to play that [end] solo now, it would be way more fluid. But part of the beauty about that solo is that I wasn't technically capable of playing as fast as the song was going, so the solo has a little bit more of a rocky feel to it, which is cool [back to the Jungle, Guitar Edge Magazine, March 2007]

And I LOVE Slash' Nightrain solo.

The best work he ever did was in Gn'R and that's not saying much.

His best work can be found of his solo stuff. Epic at times.

Maybe it will aggravate Axl that Axl spoke both good and bad words about Buckethead, all the while Buckethead stays silent on Axl Rose :D

Edited by vaida

that's the way it should be!!! a discreet man .. a gentleman who doesn't need to promote himself with his past in the band :thumbsup:

I love that a former band member doesn't talk about intimate! Bucky you're great! ... (some mercenaries should learn manners :rofl-lol: )

His best stuff was with GNR? Hm. Depends on the definitions you're working with, I guess. I do think he was inspired/motivated/pressured in a way he has never been before, and the fruits were good. But he has some great solo stuff and stuff working with TOP notch guys like Tony Williams, Brain, Claypool, etc. He's not a nobody, for sure. Damn I wish he and Axl could make it work out.

Also, yea BH had some GREAT NT solos but so did Slash, see Nightrain Argentina 92, 93.

Edited by Eu4ic

buckethead was more than just a dude who did a few gnr concerts. buckethead was the second lead guitarist on the chinese democracy album. behind robin finck. robin is the lead guitarist on the chinese democracy album. buckethead produce some of the greatest solos in gnr and rock history on shackler's, twat, sorry, if the world, and prostitute. buckethead with robin have recorded a bunch new songs we've yet 2 hear on future new guns n roses albums 2

Edited by finck6

buckethead was more than just a dude who did a few gnr concerts. buckethead was the second lead guitarist on the chinese democracy album. behind robin finck. robin is the lead guitarist on the chinese democracy album. buckethead produce some of the greatest solos in gnr and rock history on shackler's, twat, sorry, if the world, and prostitute. buckethead with robin have recorded a bunch new songs we've yet 2 hear on future new guns n roses albums 2

Oh fuck off.

Oh fuck off.

I'm sorry for you, DJ ASHBA is a current member :rolleyes: he must talk about GNR

Oh he's a fucking "member" alright! A big, fat, veiny, sell yer granny for a sniff of ginger, throbbing member is exactly what he is! :lol:

:rofl-lol:

mmm i smell jealousy :rofl-lol::takethat:

No you don't smell anything because you didn't understand what Dazey wanted to say. :takethat:

Oh fuck off.