Buckethead on His Time in Guns 'N' Roses: "No Answer."

Guest NGOG

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/08/buckethead_interview.php?page=2

Being that you obviously enjoy being a mysterious, anonymous figure in the music community and appear to be fairly reclusive, was it difficult working with Axl Rose, someone who seems to be fairly over the top and in love with the spotlight (at least in some twisted way)?

No answer.

Did you get frustrated with the fact that you were a member of Guns 'n' Roses for four years and nothing really ever came of it besides a few concerts?

Again, no answer.

Just imagine ... if $la$h would have given the same responses as Buckethead did to every Axl question, that bridge would not have been burned down.

A lesson to be learned by not just $la$h but anybody in a group of any sort:

Whatever *creative* differences and personality clashes you may have had with any of your *friends* in the group ... it is never worth it to air your grievances publicly to hurt them and win sympathy from the fans. You should never speak badly about anyone you have ever worked with.

Just imagine if $la$h had indeed heed this basic simple lesson ... we might have had 3+ $la$h solos on CD, $la$h guess spotting at live shows like Izzy and Duff, and possible more future collaborations with Axl.

But that is all down the drain because $la$h can't control his tongue.

Power to the deep fried chicken!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucket was the key to CD. Great fn player! Just because he didn't respond to the questions doesn't mean anything negative towards Axl and Guns.

It's what some would call PROFESSIONALISM and RESPECT.

Or just someone who doesn't give a shit and couldn't care less to get into the typical GNR drama.

Edited by Rustycage

buckethead is the second lead guitar dude on chinese democracy. big solos on like shackler's, sorry, if the world, and prostitute. what has ronald done? a few over dubs. what else? um buckethead deserves respect from fans. buckethead is the co-star of the chinese democracy album. robin finck is the other star of the chinese democracy record. buckethead proves himself on the chinese democracy record. what have dj or ronald proven? they've proved they know how 2 play slash note 4 note

buckethead is the second lead guitar dude on chinese democracy. big solos on like shackler's, sorry, if the world, and prostitute. what has ronald done? a few over dubs. what else? um buckethead deserves respect from fans. buckethead is the co-star of the chinese democracy album. robin finck is the other star of the chinese democracy record. buckethead proves himself on the chinese democracy record. what have dj or ronald proven? they've proved they know how 2 play slash note 4 note

Are you a bot designed to repeat yourself every couple of hours?

Bucket was the key to CD. Great fn player! Just because he didn't respond to the questions doesn't mean anything negative towards Axl and Guns.

Or just someone who doesn't give a shit and couldn't care less to get into the typical GNR drama.

Or ... Don't bite the hand that feeds you ... the guy will forever be getting royalties from CD.

Axl could have easily replaced all of Buckethead's part and not include photos of him in the CD booklet, hence depriving Buckethead of any CD-related royalties.

Axl kept all of Buckethead's work on CD intact.

That shows a lot of RESPECT and perhaps even love from Axl towards Buckethead for his work.

You would have to be a douche and an idiot to not reciprocate the PROFESSIONAL RESPECT back. You don't have to like someone to RESPECT them.

Edited by NoSoup4U

Or ... Don't bite the hand that feeds you ... the guy will forever be getting royalties from CD.

Axl could have easily replaced all of Buckethead's part and not include photos of him in the CD booklet, hence depriving Buckethead of any CD-related royalties.

Axl kept all of Buckethead's work on CD intact.

That shows a lot of RESPECT and perhaps even love from Axl towards Buckethead for his work.

You would have to be a douche and an idiot to not reciprocate the PROFESSIONAL RESPECT back. You don't have to like someone to RESPECT them.

What would it matter if he bit the hand that feeds? He's getting the royalties either way now.

Considering that there is still no official statement regarding him quitting and he removed most of any GNR material from his website, it points to something a little more than "respect."

I think you are twisting it into some kind of silent homage to suit a side argument or something. To say "No answer" looks more like he doesn't want to be bothered with that period of his career(doesn't give a shit).

i think slash talks about guns because it was a big part of his life. it's where all it started for him. buckethead already had a solid carreer before joining guns, it was not a big deal for him, specially if you consider his major contribution til he left was playing old covers. he must feel very frustrated. gnr is slash's baby also, it's obvious he gives more attention to it than bucket.

not really sure how any of axl's fans here can love chinese democracy but hate (or even just dislike) buckethead.

that album is saturated with his work. ron might have done a few overdubs or whatever here and there, but robin and buckethead dominate that record, from a musical perspective.

i went through a phase where i got into some of bucket's solo work - and it IS impressive how diverse he is (electric tears is basically an ambient album, and it's so beautifully done) - but i haven't really kept up with any of his recent stuff. he's too prolific. maybe he's trying to make up for time lost in GN'R. :tongue2:

what i find really interesting is that he's been making albums with the actor viggo mortensen for YEARS. i'm pretty sure even before he was in GN'R they wrote stuff together. (viggo was in lord of the rings, eastern promises, hidalgo, history of violence, etc.) it seems like a pretty weird image, both of them sitting in a room playing music together.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/08/buckethead_interview.php?page=2

Being that you obviously enjoy being a mysterious, anonymous figure in the music community and appear to be fairly reclusive, was it difficult working with Axl Rose, someone who seems to be fairly over the top and in love with the spotlight (at least in some twisted way)?

No answer.

Did you get frustrated with the fact that you were a member of Guns 'n' Roses for four years and nothing really ever came of it besides a few concerts?

Again, no answer.

Just imagine ... if $la$h would have given the same responses as Buckethead did to every Axl question, that bridge would not have been burned down.

Whatever *creative* differences and personality clashes you may have had with any of your *friends* in the group ... it is never worth it to air your grievances publicly to hurt them and win sympathy from the fans. You should never speak badly about anyone you have ever worked with.

Just imagine if $la$h had indeed heed this basic simple lesson ... we might have had 3+ $la$h solos on CD, $la$h guess spotting at live shows like Izzy and Duff, and possible more future collaborations with Axl.

But you are cool with Axl badmouthing ex band members? Interesting double standard you got there.

Did you read the interview I posted with Izzy? Half of it is him talking about Axl and GnR.

Obviously you know nothing of the history of Axl and Slash, or of the classic band. Or you do know......but you are just trolling.

No answer.

Again, no answer.

But you are cool with Axl badmouthing ex band members? Interesting double standard you got there.

Did you read the interview I posted with Izzy? Half of it is him talking about Axl and GnR.

Obviously you know nothing of the history of Axl and Slash, or of the classic band. Or you do know......but you are just trolling.

I agree though Groghan, I mean it's just awful to see Slash hawking his clothing line and all that other tat on the back of a band he's not even released a record with. Oh................. Sorry, my bad........ :rolleyes:

Right. Before this becomes a "He sucks!"-"He rocks!" argument - It's professional and classy of him not to answer. The guy could probably give shitload of bad comments on GnR and he won't.

Part of me wants to know how it all went down though. But that wouldn't be classy.

Do you actually know what the word mercanaries means?

Mercenary:

1.A - Working or acting merely for money or other reward

1.B - Motivated solely by a desire for monetary or material gain

Yep thats Smash and the other former guys Angeles spoke about :takethat:

Groghan you disappoint me

Hey, haven't really stuck my head in about Buckethead in a while, but I will confirm that he has NO interest in Guns N' Roses in this point. NONE. ZERO. He feels everything about the time he was in the band was not what he was told it would be (if that makes sense). At this point, he is not bitter about Guns N' Roses, he just does not care. It's a part of his life almost a decade gone, and he's more than happy doing his own thing.