A hypothetical question about conjoined twins

spunko12345

So the two siblings are individuals with their own minds and names etc. they just happen to be joined together.

Ok so what happens If the twins are waiting on a train platform and one of them decides to headbutt a complete stranger. The passerby stumbles and falls under a train.

The twins are arrested and the one head who assaulted the guy says "it was me, my brother is completely innocent"

What would the law say? They can't send the innocent twin to jail just because of what his dickhead brother did but they can't let the one guilty of manslaughter go free either.

What does mygnr think?

Are conjoined twins legally two people? What does US law define as a person? Interesting stuff.

Are black conjoined twins six fifths of a person is what I wanna know? Any Mormons in the house? :lol:

Hahahaha that reminds me of a discussion I had with the singer of my band who is half black and half white. We wondered if Jim Crowe laws followed mathematics (I believe according to them if you had an 1/8 "black blood" you were black) how much of a person he'd be. But we're terrible at math.

Are conjoined twins legally two people? What does US law define as a person? Interesting stuff.

Are black conjoined twins six fifths of a person is what I wanna know? Any Mormons in the house? :lol:

Hahahaha that reminds me of a discussion I had with the singer of my band who is half black and half white. We wondered if Jim Crowe laws followed mathematics (I believe according to them if you had an 1/8 "black blood" you were black) how much of a person he'd be. But we're terrible at math.

It would mean that he was 7/8 +[ (1/8)*(3/5)] = 0.95 or 19/20 of a person unless I'm mistaken. :lol: Edit: That was for the 1/8th black guy. ;) Your buddy would be 0.8 or 4/5ths. :lol:

Edited by Dazey