December India Tour Dates Listed on Pollstar.

tsunta421

Guns N’ Roses to Tour India in December?

Guns N’ Roses to Tour India in December?

48747.jpg

According to many credible sources including Wild City and Gibson Guitar India, rock juggernauts Guns N’ Roses (GN’R) will tour India this December. The legendary rock band has had a colourful history with huge hits such as ‘Sweet Child o’ Mine‘, ‘Paradise City‘ and ‘November Rain‘ entertaining fans around the world from the mid ’80s to the early ’90s. Along the way, there have been controversial changes in personnel and lots of infighting before the current avatar of the band was consolidated under lead singer Axl Rose.

The tour is being organized by the organizers of the Korn India tour, Mooz Entertainment and their Vice-President Dilip Ramachandaran released this statement about the G N’R tour

We are the first company to bring three-city tours with a defined calendar of events year after year starting this September. It is no secret that our next big act is humongous indeed. Our Korn concerts will be followed by a three-city tour of the iconic band Guns N’ Roses in December 2012.

Now, we don’t mean to be cynical but we’ve heard this before and we’ll tell you what happened the last time we heard that a Guns N’ Roses India tour was going to take place. In September 2009, our esteemed editor Arjun S Ravi came across an announcement by Bangalore-based firm Rhapsody Inc (read more about it here). A couple of days later, newspapers such The Asian Age and The Deccan Chronicle published an interview with the Director of Rhapsody Inc, Raj Sinha who confirmed the event (both papers no longer have the article in their archives but you can read our story on it here). The statement by Mr. Sinha definitely mentions that Guns N’ Roses would be coming to Bangalore but he confirms that only Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed and DJ Ashba would be there. He also said that, “There will also be a person called Troy and two other members.” When the director of the company that’s organizing the tour refers to an artist as “a person named Troy,” it doesn’t fill music fans with much confidence.

Ultimately, it turned out that GN’R would not be touring India. This was confirmed by “Troy” who awesomely posed with the Dimapur Commandos and explained that he was supposed to perform with Dizzy Reed later that year but Axl Rose and GN’R would not be involved in any way. Also, GN’R guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal confirmed on his Twitter account that GN’R would not be performing in India (check it all out here). Hopefully, there is some truth to it this time around because Korn actually do seem to be coming to India. In fact, it would be really good if the band confirmed it soon, otherwise we’d just get frustrated and get these guys to perform some GN’R classics for us.

Edited by tsunta421

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fine when they make announcements like this without the band confirming or denying, as long as they don't try to sell tickets. Sometimes it's to stir up interest, or they're still working details out. I think GN'R would rather make the announcement themselves, though.

Haha... Don't really remember it but the '09 rumor is hilarious. Axl, Dj and some dude named "Troy" traveling all the way to India to "guest appear" at a Hookers N' Blow concert?? Yeah right! :)

Prolly about the one thing that could ever get Dizzy fired. Lol.

Yawn. I should be Axl's manager and life coach. I would have him in an undiclosed location with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven writing a new album.

/SOB

Luckily you aren't his manager, then. The 80's gone, dude.

80s are gone,90s,are gone,axl´s voice is gone.What do we have right now? a tour in india? maybe weddings?

REUNION OR QUIT.

Yawn. I should be Axl's manager and life coach. I would have him in an undiclosed location with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven writing a new album.

/SOB

80s are gone,90s,are gone,axl´s voice is gone.What do we have right now? a tour in india? maybe weddings?

REUNION OR QUIT.

Why quit when we will probably have a new record in a few years that might have some great songs on it? And what is wrong with touring in India, Europe, USA, South America, Australia/New Zealand and Canada?

You reunionists are so selfish, all you care about is forcing some guys together who doesn't want to be together in the vain hope of re-experiencing something that has already taken place.

/SOB

REUNION OR QUIT.

lolreunion

Why quit when we will probably have a new record in a few years that might have some great songs on it? And what is wrong with touring in India, Europe, USA, South America, Australia/New Zealand and Canada?

This is what passes for optimism in the new GNR world :)

Edited by Bards

i think gnr is still popular in south america thanks to their legendary shows in uyi era. rock in rio 2 was a big deal, at a time rock music was popular in brazil.

people are not interested in the new band, but they still love axl, and that's kinda silly, so i agree with the "sillyness" of south americans. (i'm brazilian)

i think gnr is still popular in south america thanks to their legendary shows in uyi era. rock in rio 2 was a big deal, at a time rock music was popular in brazil.

people are not interested in the new band, but they still love axl, and that's kinda silly, so i agree with the "sillyness" of south americans. (i'm brazilian)

Tudo Bem?

people are not interested in the new band

Yet they buy the record in millions and team up for live shows in thousands...

How does your mind deal with the constant influx of contradicting facts, does the sheer amount of rationalizing you are forced to do as a result of the massive cognitive dissonance make you lose weight?

/SOB

REUNION OR QUIT.

You reunionists are so selfish, all you care about is forcing some guys together who doesn't want to be together in the vain hope of re-experiencing something that has already taken place.

Gnr right now are a shadow of his past,talking about newgnr his top form was in 2010 when there was a chance of being great again.

/SOB

REUNION OR QUIT.

Gnr right now are a shadow of his past,talking about newgnr his top form was in 2010 when there was a chance of being great again.

Are you saying the band should quit just because the band will never be as good as it once were? I don't get that way of thinking. Something should end when it is bad, not when it "isn't as good as it once were". And GN'R obviously isn't bad, because people meet up in thousands to enjoy the shows and millions bought the latest record. No wait, I get it! You think the band should quit because you don't like it anymore! You are one of those incredibly selfish persons who want to rid the world of everything you don't like regardless of whether it brings joy and happiness to myriads of other people because simply choosing to avoid what you dislike is much more of a hassle.

Edited by SoulMonster

That's not what thousands of people around the world that saw them live think and also thats not what the millions of people that purchased their latest album think.

Also it's the same band today as they were in 2010 :rofl-lol:

Sure. All of them listening Axl playing Piano on UYI songs.

Edited by bumblecool