December India Tour Dates Listed on Pollstar.

tsunta421

I wasn't suggesting that India does not get any large international acts to play, as it does. But the problems faced by the artists and promoters often have the effect of keeping many large artists away. I was in India last year and all I heard from friends of mine and strangers is how often "logistical" issues hold up concerts. Take a look at what happened when Metallica tried to play New Delhi a year or two ago. Shady promoters, corrupt officials who wouldn't give permits to change the dates, it's just one headache after another.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-02-27/news-and-interviews/28638174_1_music-concert-musicians-promoters

the Metallica concert was a fiasco... i was there (and no i wasnt one of the people trashing the stage after the show got canceled). it was mismanaged from the starting... i looked at the grounds and i knew it wont happen.

that is why i doubt any band would plan a three city tour... the only city getting any international act is Bangalore... (aerosmith,maiden,metallica,megadeath etc) and it seems like they can handle the events well. last i heard you coudnt play loud music after 11 in mumbai. the reason no rock band ever goes there. i really doubt a three city tour is on the cards. if at all they ever planned to play here it will prpbly be Bangalore. one show and then they will be off. its a shame as i live in Delhi... but hey i'll travel 2000kms :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't suggesting that India does not get any large international acts to play, as it does. But the problems faced by the artists and promoters often have the effect of keeping many large artists away. I was in India last year and all I heard from friends of mine and strangers is how often "logistical" issues hold up concerts. Take a look at what happened when Metallica tried to play New Delhi a year or two ago. Shady promoters, corrupt officials who wouldn't give permits to change the dates, it's just one headache after another.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-02-27/news-and-interviews/28638174_1_music-concert-musicians-promoters

the Metallica concert was a fiasco... i was there (and no i wasnt one of the people trashing the stage after the show got canceled). it was mismanaged from the starting... i looked at the grounds and i knew it wont happen.

that is why i doubt any band would plan a three city tour... the only city getting any international act is Bangalore... (aerosmith,maiden,metallica,megadeath etc) and it seems like they can handle the events well. last i heard you coudnt play loud music after 11 in mumbai. the reason no rock band ever goes there. i really doubt a three city tour is on the cards. if at all they ever planned to play here it will prpbly be Bangalore. one show and then they will be off. its a shame as i live in Delhi... but hey i'll travel 2000kms :rolleyes:

Didn't make it to Bangalore when I was there, just Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Mumbai, Goa, and Jaisalmer. And yeah, I just can't see GNR pulling off a 3 stop tour in India. Like you mention, if they were to play India, it would be one stop, get in, get out and tour the rest of Asia/pacific. A GNR tour is already complicated and dramatic enough, I can't see how well it would mesh with the commotion of a place like India for too long. Though the idea of Axl and co. taking a train from one place to another would be something awesome to watch and hear about. LOL. Could you imagine? My bet Axl would re-write or rededicate the lyrics to Welcome to the Jungle.

Edited by downzy

Didn't make it to Bangalore when I was there, just Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Mumbai, Goa, and Jaisalmer. And yeah, I just can't see GNR pulling off a 3 stop tour in India. Like you mention, if they were to play India, it would be one stop, get in, get out and tour the rest of Asia/pacific. A GNR tour is already complicated and dramatic enough, I can't see how well it would mesh with the commotion of a place like India for too long. Though the idea of Axl and co. taking a train from one place to another would be something awesome to watch and hear about. LOL. Could you imagine? My bet Axl would re-write or rededicate the lyrics to Welcome to the Jungle.

or maybe touring India will have a similar effect on Axl as it did on The Beatles and he will go on to record the guns n roses White Album ;)

how long were u here for? looks like you did see a lot of Rajasthan.