Inside if you

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: fail ...

SOD is about Dylan, Stephanie Seymour's son

With Axl's Slash obsession I can see this about Slash-

u're wrong ... slash's is obsessed with Axl ... :shrugs: slash will always be Axl's second .. for ever :kiss:

Edited by Angeles_

:rolleyes: fail ...

SOD is about Dylan, Stephanie Seymour's son

so what he thought was beautiful doesn't live inside of dylan anymore? after dylan made plans on his own for something? and all the love axl had for dylan "couldn't make him change his mind?" and axl tried to save the innocence dylan was carrying around inside him? what he though was "true" about dylan was only a lie? it hurts too much to see dylan because he left his true self behind?

sorry, doesn't seem like a song to a kid to me. seems more like a song to a woman who had an abortion without axl's approval. but that's the great thing about poems or songs. you can interpret them lots of ways. not saying my interpretation is right. but it's at least as valid as yours.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Why does everyone think every song on Chinese Democracy was about Slash?

why do people care about axl's lyrics ?

they're bland, poorly written and extremely forgettable

the only amazing thing about gnr was axl's voice and slash's amazing solos.

both are gone now.

It's either Erin or Steph, take your pick. The idea that it was Dylan was a head-scratcher, unless that poster thinks Axl had some pretty inappropriate feelings towards Dylan.

Either way, I liked the song better in 2002 with the arrangement and the vocal melody at the end instead of changing it into actual words.

Prob. was driving around LA, saw a big poster of his ex years after the breakup and started coming up with the song. I think he had her way too high on the pedestal, because it lasted, what, 1-2 years max?

Who knows if abortion has anything to do with it, or whether she got one. I don't think either one of them discussed that in an interview.

Axl was the only guy relatively close in age to her, something inside of him should've been going "this girl's got issues". He might think he lost a great thing, but she could've always called him when her and Peter were on the outs. Maybe she did. Who knows.

this song was written about a bitter break up i had. that' my story and i am sticking to it <_<

dude thanks for my first laugh of the day!

I think it's about a bad breakup. We've all had them. I doubt it was about Slash.

I think Axl tries not to think too much about Slash or every song Axl wrote would have "fuck you" in the lyrics! lol

Whoever it's about, I just love this song. It's my favorite song on CD.

Edited by Val22

The song being about Dylan is absolutely absurd and makes no sense. Plus, thinking so after reading the lyrics is idiotic. I could maybe see it being about abortion, but I truly think that Axl would have mentioned that before. But anything is possible.

this song was written about a bitter break up i had. that' my story and i am sticking to it <_<

dude thanks for my first laugh of the day!

I think it's about a bad breakup. We've all had them. I doubt it was about Slash.

I think Axl tries not to think too much about Slash or every song Axl wrote would have "fuck you" in the lyrics! lol

Whoever it's about, I just love this song. It's my favorite song on CD.

yes mine too along with TWAT. i actually prefer the striped down album version rather than the early 00's.

Well, that abortion angle was new to me. Interesting.

But actually Axl hasn't mentioned very much about what song X or Y was about. He's been the most explicit with Chinese and with Catcher, and then some with Shackler's, but that's about it.

yeah, i agree that if steph aborted an accidental axl pregnancy, he would have gone way more public with it. he probably would have chastised her from the stage, getting a hundred thousand strangers to boo and taunt her and validate axl's own belief in himself.

as much as i'd like to think that axl could have carried that pain around privately out of respect for both of them, deep down inside i know he's not that kind of guy.

but yeah, to me the lyrics really seem to be about an abortion.

Never thought about the lyrics like that, but it definitely does sound like it could be about an abortion.

yeah, i agree that if steph aborted an accidental axl pregnancy, he would have gone way more public with it. he probably would have chastised her from the stage, getting a hundred thousand strangers to boo and taunt her and validate axl's own belief in himself.

as much as i'd like to think that axl could have carried that pain around privately out of respect for both of them, deep down inside i know he's not that kind of guy.

Nothing more aggravating on GNR forums than people who make up insane Axl personalities in their head and then believe that he lives his life and makes his decisions with that personality/mindset.

Whatsa matter snoball, too scared to post this in attitude, where it belongs? Easier to cupcake in Discussion & News, right?

Wow- Actually the mods can move any post anytime and was I "too scared"? Of what? I figured it could go either location and put it here. Big deal. And I actually thought its kinda an interesting discussion. Never thought of the abortion angle before.

Edited by Snowmass

Never thought about the lyrics like that, but it definitely does sound like it could be about an abortion.

Nothing more aggravating on GNR forums than people who make up insane Axl personalities in their head and then believe that he lives his life and makes his decisions with that personality/mindset.

if axl was still popular, you'd be hearing these same opinions in real life too, not just on forums. fans like me didn't invent a fictitious narative about axl having mental problems. we didn't dupe the world into believing us. everyone who's ever worked with axl says he's crazy. axl himself says he's crazy. he wrote songs about it. axl has railed at plenty of his enemies from the stage, including stephanie seymour when she had the gall not to dedicate her entire life to the rockstar she dated briefly while he was famous. he ranted from the stage about her dating someone else. but you think it's totally outside of the realm of possibility that he'd do the same thing about her having an abortion?

sorry, friend... but the only thing crazier than axl rose are the 20 people left who insist that axl's not crazy. which seems stupid to me. thinking axl was sane never had one goddamn thing to do with liking his music. if anything, the opposite was true.

edit...

and if what you said is true, that you find "nothing more aggravating" than reading posts like mine, then you are admitting to leading a very sad, small and pathetic life. or one that's otherwise free of all real stress and aggravation. in which case, congrats.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

if axl was still popular, you'd be hearing these same opinions in real life too, not just on forums. fans like me didn't invent a fictitious narative about axl having mental problems. we didn't dupe the world into believing us. everyone who's ever worked with axl says he's crazy. axl himself says he's crazy. he wrote songs about it. axl has railed at plenty of his enemies from the stage, including stephanie seymour when she had the gall not to dedicate her entire life to the rockstar she dated briefly while he was famous. he ranted from the stage about her dating someone else. but you think it's totally outside of the realm of possibility that he'd do the same thing about her having an abortion?

sorry, friend... but the only thing crazier than axl rose are the 20 people left who insist that axl's not crazy. which seems stupid to me. thinking axl was sane never had one goddamn thing to do with liking his music. if anything, the opposite was true.

Oh there's no doubt that he's at least a little but nuts, but I just think it's funny that people on the forums so often make up theories and then base them entirely on "because axl's crazy lol!"