Street of Dreams

Snowmass

sorry, friend... but the only thing crazier than axl rose are the 20 people left who insist that axl's not crazy. which seems stupid to me.

I don't insist that. All great artists are insane. That's the problem with you people, your only tactic is to make up shit that other people didn't say and pretend they did. Kinda juvenile if you ask me. I wonder though, the 20 people on this forum whose entire existence is dedicated to criticizing Axl... are they crazy?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aborted child? Could be.

I guess if you thought you were going to be a father, and that happened, it would sting a bit.

The "Everywhere I go I see you" could refer to seeing children just about anywhere ya go, and having to think "what if?", when you did. So, yeah, I could buy that interpertation.

For sake of not having a thread between 3 people about whether or not thread should be X and whether or not poster Y is trolling....

Street Of Dreams -"Stephanie Seymour ballads or any of that shit"

Prostitute-""Stephanie Seymour ballads or any of that shit" ''I hope he'll hear it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the story, to hear the truth"

This I Love-"Stephanie Seymour ballads or any of that shit"

TWAT- ""Stephanie Seymour ballads or any of that shit" "When they were about to breakup, he went to her house in a white suit, riding a horse and carrying flowers. The things he did for her can only be read in history books. This does not exist in real life. "

IRS-"Dude, I got people suing me right now.' He's on the phone with his lawyers 24-7. He was, like, 'I can't come up with any lyrics right now - they'd be about every other lawsuit I got going.'

If The World- ...mystery woman, or about Beta/family "He says that one of the new songs is dedicated to me and my family."

Sorry- Slash "I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or fuck off.

*Of course, as a writer, you take things in real life and you add fantasy and wish fulfillment, you also change things in scope - make them bigger or smaller, and sometimes you blend people together. A song might have been sparked by a feeling or emotion from a situation or person, but ultimately end up not being biographical.

wild theories like axl ranting from the stage about enemies in his personal life. yeah, that sound so completely unbelievable and out of left field.

Stephanie is a far cry from Slash and Tommy Hilfiger.

She's much prettier and far more shapey.

This I Love-"Stephanie Seymour ballads or any of that shit"

TIL is about Erin.

this may push the conversation towards the attitude section. but i like to think it's about steph having an abortion.

I never knew of Stephanie being pregnant. I know Erin had a miscarriage

He was merely surmising.

One of my favorite GnR songs of all time.

Lyrics should mean something to you.

The artist tells a story. Personalizing them is what makes a song special and meaningful to the listener.

Whether Axl wrote it about his pet dog, an ex-girlfriend, or he just liked the way the words sounded together should not matter to the fans.

nah, i disagree. i think an artist's intent is every bit as fascinating and relevant as my interpretation. intent is what makes an artist an artist in my mind.

I agree it makes the song interesting.

But I love SCOM regardless of why or who Axl wrote the song for. His gf, his three year old niece, his beloved pet cat.

If the writer of your favorite song of all time came out and said 'sorry fans, I know you all think this song was written about my beautiful wife and how much I love her, but to be honest, I just really needed some extra money for my drug habit and I just made up the lyrics so they would rhyme"........would you suddenly not like the song as much?

One of my favorite GnR songs of all time.

Lyrics should mean something to you.

The artist tells a story. Personalizing them is what makes a song special and meaningful to the listener.

Whether Axl wrote it about his pet dog, an ex-girlfriend, or he just liked the way the words sounded together should not matter to the fans.

This.

I think this song has Erin written all over it. She had a miscarriage which Axl was devastated over. It's also well known that when they broke up (they broke up several times so I'm not sure which one it refers to) he begged her to come back and did all sorts of crazy things to be with her again (...you know I tried so hard to change your mind....).

I've always wondered which angle the line "You know I wouldn't want to be you, now there's a hell I can't describe" comes from. At first I thought it was his kind of admonition over what he did to her (ie, the rape and locking in the closet thing), but then I also thought maybe it was something SHE once said to him? Who knows?

The stardust reference could easily apply to both Erin or Stephanie. They both used a lot of drugs and he didn't. Upon thinking about it more the chorus 'Everywhere I go I see you......" would apply more to Stephanie because she was at the height of her modelling career at the time, but I never heard that she had an abortion or anything so I kind of come back to Erin.

I think this song has Erin written all over it. She had a miscarriage which Axl was devastated over. It's also well known that when they broke up (they broke up several times so I'm not sure which one it refers to) he begged her to come back and did all sorts of crazy things to be with her again (...you know I tried so hard to change your mind....).

I've always wondered which angle the line "You know I wouldn't want to be you, now there's a hell I can't describe" comes from. At first I thought it was his kind of admonition over what he did to her (ie, the rape and locking in the closet thing), but then I also thought maybe it was something SHE once said to him? Who knows?

The stardust reference could easily apply to both Erin or Stephanie. They both used a lot of drugs and he didn't. Upon thinking about it more the chorus 'Everywhere I go I see you......" would apply more to Stephanie because she was at the height of her modelling career at the time, but I never heard that she had an abortion or anything so I kind of come back to Erin.

He tried to win Steph back when they were breaking up too.

He tried to win Steph back when they were breaking up too.

Yes that's true! Did anyone ever hear that Stephanie was pregnant to him? Anyone know?

I reckon SOD is about Erin, her miscarriage, and what they both lost from it.

Just to clear something up though...

They (Axl/Erin) were together for four four years before they rocked up to the alter, so its understandable that she features heavily in his lyrics.

Here's an exert from an article regarding Erin's point of view in relation to what SOD could be about.

In September 1990, Everly learned that she was pregnant. "This was all I wanted," she says. "I thought it could have been a cure for Axl." If so, it didn't take: Everly says that Rose's elation quickly soured and that he threw her out of the condo and threatened to take the baby. When she miscarried in her third month, Everly had to sell her Jeep to cover medical costs. As Everly recuperated, Rose trashed the house in the Hollywood Hills they had been preparing to move into, causing $100,000 in damages.

Edited by GNR_Tragic

Every Song on China Dem is about Slash.. or maybe not.. Every song on China Dem as about Axl's Ex.. or maybe not.. Maybe the best approach is to take from each song what you will and forget all the posible links, as who cares anyway.

EDIT: It's good to be back after being banned for so long. Seem's all us BANNED fans are welcomed back. Not what we were ever away. more out of sight :D

Edited by star

Axl used his share of drugs. According to him, Erin didn't.

Yes that's true! Did anyone ever hear that Stephanie was pregnant to him? Anyone know?

IIRC, way back in the usenet alt.rock-n-roll.metal.gnr (or whatever the hell it was) days, someone claiming to be Axl's brother Stuart posted that Steph had a pregnancy (which was presumed to involve Axl) terminated because there was evidence of fetal defects. The poster never proved their identity and there were a shitload of nutsacks on that board, so take it with a massive grain of salt.

Edited by Angelica

I think it's about how people that were once close to us change and how that changes affect us and make us suffer. It's not about woman necessarily. We just can't recognize people that we thought we know really well and then we realize that the whole friendship or relationship could not be even true.