Am I the only one

Haters Gonna Hate

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No, I agree. Although I might have put Metallica before them. I think Kiss, Metallica and U2 are the most overrated bands of all time.

No, I agree. Although I might have put Metallica before them. I think Kiss, Metallica and U2 are the most overrated bands of all time.

U2 is overrated but very good.

Metallica, Kiss, Poison, Bon Jovi, and all modern metal/ post grunge bands, are all awful.

Oh and Arnold, fuck you. :max:

Edited by NormalGuns

Metallica, Kiss, Poison, Bon Jovi, and all modern metal/ post grunge bands, are all awful.

if by modern mainstream metal totally agree, but 2000-2012 has been an amazing time for metal

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

if by modern mainstream metal totally agree, but 2000-2012 has been an amazing time for metal

Except from Avantasia and Unisonic I can't think of one single new band that I like. These are just bands formed by already established musicians too, so they don't really count. I'm not sure if you'll mention Death and Black Metal, but it has become awful, it lacks its roots. If I want to hear Black Metal, I'll go back and listen to the real deal from the early 90's. The purely evil Norwegian bands like Mayhem. Same with almost all other metal.

Except from Avantasia and Unisonic I can't think of one single new band that I like. These are just bands formed by already established musicians too, so they don't really count. I'm not sure if you'll mention Death and Black Metal, but it has become awful, it lacks its roots. If I want to hear Black Metal, I'll go back and listen to the real deal from the early 90's. The purely evil Norwegian bands like Mayhem. Same with almost all other metal.

i love black metal but usually not in its purest form (outside of the first wave of black metal bathory,mercyful fate, hellhammer,venom) i like the blackened/thrash blackened doom and black/viking metal

death metal has become awful no doubt, but melodic death has been great same with the resurgence in thrash. blackened/doom/dark ambient has been great as well as folk in the recent years