Am I the only one

Haters Gonna Hate

Never understood the appeal for metal.

Didn't you recently see Sabbath?

Sure, at a festival where they were performing possibly their last show ever in America(considering their age and Tony's health issues). S'not like I bought a ticket just to see Sabbath.

I wouldn't deny their significance(particularly the Ozzy era, I don't care for Dio), but I don't really 'get it'. The overlying reason that I was enjoying the show was seeing a very historic performance of a band that was universally considered to be the start of hard rock.

If Sabbath shows were a more common occurrence, I'm certain I would have passed them up for The Black Keys, or would have been bored during parts of their show.

I also would hardly consider Ozzy era to be 'metal'. More like glorified hard/classic rock. They certainly aren't strumming mindlessly away at power chords with a double bass pedal drum kit whilst shrieking melodically or screaming bloody murder with laughingly cheesy lyrics.

They have a nice raw sound, a singer with a unique voice, and a rich, dark, ominous feel to their music that actually feels convincing rather than forced or manufactured.

Edited by NormalGuns

Never understood the appeal for metal.

Didn't you recently see Sabbath?

Sure, at a festival where they were performing possibly their last show ever in America(considering their age and Tony's health issues). S'not like I bought a ticket just to see Sabbath.

I wouldn't deny their significance(particularly the Ozzy era, I don't care for Dio), but I don't really 'get it'. The overlying reason that I was enjoying the show was seeing a very historic performance of a band that was universally considered to be the start of hard rock.

If Sabbath shows were a more common occurrence, I'm certain I would have passed them up for The Black Keys, or would have been bored during parts of their show.

I also would hardly consider Ozzy era to be 'metal'. More like glorified hard/classic rock. They certainly aren't strumming mindlessly away at power chords with a double bass pedal drum kit whilst shrieking melodically or screaming bloody murder with laughingly cheesy lyrics.

They have a nice raw sound, a singer with a unique voice, and a rich, dark, ominous feel to their music that actually feels convincing rather than forced or manufactured.

to each his own i cannot relate to any music really could never understand country or rap or indie or anything else.

sabbath ozzy era is influencial as is the dio era

you also have to remember sabbath first album came out in 1970 their sound is very different for that time period, and their lyrics were far different. they were the foundation everything was built on

No, I agree. Although I might have put Metallica before them. I think Kiss, Metallica and U2 are the most overrated bands of all time.

Metallica has some real badass songs, a cool name, and their cover of Whiskey in the Jar is perfect.

Edited by KBear

No, I agree. Although I might have put Metallica before them. I think Kiss, Metallica and U2 are the most overrated bands of all time.

Metallica has some real badass songs, a cool name, and their cover of Whiskey in the Jar is perfect.

their first 4 albums are killer after that they suck

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

OMG NO NO NO!!! Fucking no. I want to puke diarrhea when I read this. :no: