I need a pair of casual sneakers - any suggestions?

Estranged Reality

Right, so I have 'dress' shoes for work, a pair of gym shoes, and flip-flops...but I need a pair of casual sneakers. Something I could wear on a daily basis, with shorts. I usually wear proper shorts, not basketball shorts or that kind of stuff, so I'm looking for something that isn't a basketball shoe or whatever.

I was looking online and found a few pairs I liked. These are kind of along the lines of what I'm looking for, but I've been told Supras are douchey. Well, I guess I don't really care as long as I like how they look, but they are a bit expensive too. Also I might prefer a low-top shoe rather than a hi-top.

Anybody got any suggestions?

edit: these http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Emerica-Wino-Light-Brown-Tan-Canvas-Oxford-Casual-Shoes-Sneakers-/390447138162?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item5ae8768572

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supra-WRAP-Mens-Sneakers-in-White-White-S05010-WHT-/150872304128?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&vti=US+Shoe+Size+%28Men%27s%29%0912&hash=item2320b0aa00

both a couple more examples of the sort of shoe i'm looking for.

but i am wary of blind buying stuff online without recommendations at the least.

Nike has a relatively new line of skate shoes that are pretty cool, plus you can custom make them. They also have Jordan's that aren't obnoxious basketball shoes. Or, check out Derrick Rose's shoe with Adidas, pretty sweet and understated, casual.

Also Adidas sambas are pretty neutral go with everything sort of shoes.

I'm not one to ever give a shit about what kind of sneaker I wear as far as design (unless it's just totally goofy... and I think a lot of the ones that are supposedly really cool are totally goofy) or brand. I just care about comfort, price, and whether the thing will hold up well for a while. In that regard, I've never come across a better sneaker than the following:

25118-1_1_490x300.jpg

Saucony Cohesion 5

Best damn sneaker for the money I've ever owned. Actually, it's the best sneaker I've ever owned, period, regardless of price. For as long as these are made, I will never buy anything else. It costs $55 and it lasts forever and is amazingly comfortable.

EDIT: I see you're looking for a completely different kind of sneaker than what I'm talking about (I should have read your post). But I'll leave that suggestion up there for someone else who is looking for a cost-effective semi-athletic sneaker.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

Guest Len B'stard
(using that word sarcastically, don't have a fit.)

I wouldn't worry, i dunno what it means :lol: I don't like em cuz they remind me of little whiteboys with Slipknot hoodies and skateboards.

Edited by sugaraylen

I wouldn't worry, i dunno what it means :lol: I don't like em cuz they remind me of little whiteboys with Slipknot hoodies and skateboards.

Oh shut up Lenny! I reckon they look alright but I'm a girl and probably shouldn't give men's fashion advice. Whatever I'd pick you'll all say looks really gay or something :lol:

For the record I like Converse and Adidas. If you want a girls opinion, that is.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh shut up Lenny! I reckon they look alright but I'm a girl and probably shouldn't give men's fashion advice. Whatever I'd pick you'll all say looks really gay or something :lol:

For the record I like Converse and Adidas. If you want a girls opinion, that is.

They just remind me of those plimsolls they made us wear in primary school :lol:

They just remind me of those plimsolls they made us wear in primary school :lol:

Oh man, I'm hearin ya. There's no way you can ever wear anything that even closely resembles your school uniform once you've left school. 12 years old wearing the same shit day in day out does your head in, I get sick of some of my clothes after Ive worn them a few times, but 12 years! That's brutal.

Those are the two common sense choices. Duh.

All the the linked shoe's in this thread are terrible!

Probably a girl thing, but Redhead has it right, Converse or Adidas sneakers!

Right, so I have 'dress' shoes for work, a pair of gym shoes, and flip-flops...but I need a pair of casual sneakers. Something I could wear on a daily basis, with shorts. I usually wear proper shorts, not basketball shorts or that kind of stuff, so I'm looking for something that isn't a basketball shoe or whatever.

I was looking online and found a few pairs I liked. These are kind of along the lines of what I'm looking for, but I've been told Supras are douchey. Well, I guess I don't really care as long as I like how they look, but they are a bit expensive too. Also I might prefer a low-top shoe rather than a hi-top.

Anybody got any suggestions?

edit: these http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Emerica-Wino-Light-Brown-Tan-Canvas-Oxford-Casual-Shoes-Sneakers-/390447138162?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item5ae8768572

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supra-WRAP-Mens-Sneakers-in-White-White-S05010-WHT-/150872304128?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&vti=US+Shoe+Size+%28Men%27s%29%0912&hash=item2320b0aa00

both a couple more examples of the sort of shoe i'm looking for.

but i am wary of blind buying stuff online without recommendations at the least.

I have too many pairs of sneakers, but I've loving this pair of DC's right now. Very comfortable:

photo-2.jpg

Nike has a relatively new line of skate shoes that are pretty cool, plus you can custom make them.

Customizing might be cool, but back when I skated you'd be slapped for wearing Nike skate shoes.

Why don't you just spend some time gnarlifying your feet a bit. Build up your calluses. Chicks dig guys with all terrain feet.