Make one bold statement about Guns N' Roses

TeeJay410

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

axl rose would have gone to jail for abusing women and starting fights if he wasn't rich and famous.

axl wouldn't be rich and famous if izzy didn't write songs for him and slash didn't perform them.

if izzy and slash hadn't been so good at what they did, axl would have gone to jail.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Ron Thal is the best (most naturally talented and learned) musician who has ever played in Guns N Roses.

I actually do mean that one, as a guitar player I look at the guy's capability and knowledge and it's almost disheartening because he was better at age 12 than I am after nearly 10 years of playing.

Ron Thal is the best (most naturally talented and learned) musician who has ever played in Guns N Roses.

I actually do mean that one, as a guitar player I look at the guy's capability and knowledge and it's almost disheartening because he was better at age 12 than I am after nearly 10 years of playing.

Before hooking/leaching onto Axl's teet $$ he did what?

I've always thought Paradise City is the most overrated GnR song. Like somebody else mentioned - it is the one song that would fit from any hair metal band.

I love Axl's high pitched mickey mouse voice.

With different lyrics, One In A Million could have been one of the most popular hits of all time.

Civil War is the best GnR song of all time.

Izzy is a great song writer............but he isn't the musical savior some people make him out to be. He also wrote a lot of terrible songs.

CD is a better album than either Illusion. Not a combined Illusions, but each individual Illusion.

Edited by Groghan

Before hooking/leaching onto Axl's teet $$ he did what?

Wrote, recorded, gigged, produced, guested and even taught music as a University professor. He wasn't exactly a bum beforehand, fair enough what he was doing wasn't exactly at GN'R level of fame, but plenty of musicians are able to make a living without being megastars and if you think it's always the most talented who make the public eye, you're seriously mistaken. If you think he's in it for the money, I'm not going to convince you that he's not in it for the money so much as the love of playing in a big band and reaching out to a lot of people, but that's the truth regardless of what you think about the man.

Axl was a brilliant frontman from 86-92, but he never was and never will be a great or important songwriter/musician. The UYI records are mostly filler.

i reply to that with:

Axl Rose was the best composer in the original lineup because he alone composed the two best composed songs = november rain and estranged