Make one bold statement about Guns N' Roses

TeeJay410

Both Axl and Slash wouldn't have made it big if it weren't for Izzy in GN'R.

But isn't that common knowledge? :shrugs:

Buckethead was the most eccentric member to play in Guns N Roses. Ever. oh i wish he was still in the band. It seemed liked he was tailor-made to fill in the spot left by the Top Hat.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All roads lead to Vegas when you let an unqualified nanny force her family into management.

Any other band would be laughed out of town if this happened. I don't care if shes his nanny or his PA. Either is not suitable to be a band manager. Conflict of interest big time.

Make one statement that while possibly unpopular or crazy, you believe to be true about gn'r.

Mine: Despite my general uneasy feeling with the new lineup in and love for the old band and their music, Better is lyrically the greatest thing Axl has ever written specifically the last verse.

Dude, I LOVE the coda in "Better." That's one of my favorite segments of the entire record, starting the na, na, na, na part (or whatever he's saying).

Edited by GnR Chris

Axl, Izzy, and Slash are the most essential aspects of GNR. Not Axl and Izzy, not Slash and Izzy, not Axl and Slash, Axl, Izzy, AND Slash. Together.

The songwriting partnership between Axl and Izzy was fucking awesome. The way Slash was able to compliment Axl's emotional, passionate vocals with his emotional, passionate guitar playing was truly a one of a kind experience. And the guitar interplay between Slash and Izzy flows incredibly. These are the most important aspects of what made GNR, GNR imho. Love Duff and Steven, I appreciate their contributions, and I rather have them on board than not, but they were more expendable in the grand scheme of things compared to the other three. Tommy's at least in the same realm of playing as Duff.

Get rid of Bumble, Pitman (to strip the sound back, less electronic bullshit, more rock) and Ashba, bring back Slash and Izzy, keep whoever else, and it would be GNR again for me.

Axl, Izzy, and Slash are the most essential aspects of GNR. Not Axl and Izzy, not Slash and Izzy, not Axl and Slash, Axl, Izzy, AND Slash. Together.

The songwriting partnership between Axl and Izzy was fucking awesome. The way Slash was able to compliment Axl's emotional, passionate vocals with his emotional, passionate guitar playing was truly a one of a kind experience. And the guitar interplay between Slash and Izzy flows incredibly. These are the most important aspects of what made GNR, GNR imho. Love Duff and Steven, I appreciate their contributions, and I rather have them on board than not, but they were more expendable in the grand scheme of things compared to the other three. Tommy's at least in the same realm of playing as Duff.

Get rid of Bumble, Pitman (to strip the sound back, less electronic bullshit, more rock) and Ashba, bring back Slash and Izzy, keep whoever else, and it would be GNR again for me.

I think Duff is really important too though. Listen to Slash's projects outside of guns that didn't involve duff. Just generic blues rock. Duff sort of pulls slash away from that like in VR or even on the song "watch this" from his first solo record.

However, live I think it could be just duff axl and slash. Izzy's presence to me was much more important in the studio.

Axl's chance to forge a new legacy, a different chapter in Guns N' Roses history, is over. He blew it with Chinese Democracy (the long wait for the release). His chance to change people's opinions was when he was still relatively young. Now they're just a nostalgia act. Sadly.

I think Duff is really important too though. Listen to Slash's projects outside of guns that didn't involve duff. Just generic blues rock. Duff sort of pulls slash away from that like in VR or even on the song "watch this" from his first solo record.

However, live I think it could be just duff axl and slash. Izzy's presence to me was much more important in the studio.

I can see where you're coming from, and I do kinda agree. Which is why I rather have Duff and the whole classic lineup together than not. But if I can only get Axl to meet me half way, I'd want those three together, especially creatively.

Honestly, I think Axl would be good at pushing Slash past his generic comfort zone. Duff didn't have that big of an influence on Slash's notable solos and riffs with GNR like November Rain, and Estranged as much as Axl did at least. But I have noticed exactly what you're saying in his post GNR projects without Duff. Tough call. Even if Izzy would just be a studio musician they worked with, and didn't tour all the time, I'd be happy. I could see Axl, Duff, and Slash, or even just Axl and Slash holding down the fort then easily.