Your opinion on GNR doing a 12-night residency in Vegas

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Your opinion on GNR doing a 12-night residency in Vegas  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Null vote. Less than ideal, especially given that the only other North American dates this year were the UCAP Tour. Really don't know what the motivation is behind this yet though. It could very well be to fund a new album or at least a proper re-release of CD. Playing the same venue cuts down tremendously on the cost of touring, i.e. more profit.

Time will tell.

Lots of changes and revealing of new music in Vegas? Cool! But unfortunately I am inclined to believe it will be the same old song and dance. Not to mention there is that stigma regarding old bands playing Vegas in terms of nostalgia acts and whatnot - almost remeniscent of when bands play state fairs.

Edited by WhazUp

I was anti-gig all day until I saw a couple of lines in the press release about "a set list exclusive to the Joint" and "appetite for democracy is unlike any show the band has done before or after". It was in the announcement thread at htgth.

That makes me a little encouraged that it won't be the same ol' same ol'.

Powerage, you know it's just another tour with the same setlist and no intention of releasing music. Come on man :P

We'll see. You know I'm an optimist :tongue2:

That's true, you're generally a pretty happy guy...

...until members of the GNR camp curse you off :o:lol:

Damn straight, that guy is a fucking prick :tongue2:

It wont be the same set list, I guarantee it will be alot shorter, when bands play these "residency" Vegas shows they always play the minimum, if GNR was playing 25+ song set lists (minus the solos) on their past tour, I guarantee these shows have like 20 songs

I think the fans desrve something more. What about a re-recorded version of AFD by the new guys? What about an umplugged AFD version? What about a re-release of CD with bonus tracks such as silkworms, re-recorded oh my god...? What about a proffesional live dvd of the last tours? And finally... What about a new album? We the hardcore fans have seen this band too many times live, we' ve watched thousands of youtube vids... At the end of the day we want new music... Watching this band live is ok but nothing compared to the old line up due to Axl age, Axl voice etc... But Axl is a genious and he can still give us great songs. Can' t understand why he doent. Last month concert in Benicassim (spain) was going to be played on air in a spanish radio. They did it with all the great bands of the concert. I was waiting til 01 am and finally dj said they were not allowed by mr. Rose... Whats wrong with him? Just give the fans what they want... New music, proshot concerts without voice and technical problems, unreleased material, surprises... Im almost done with this band...

• 3 weeks later...