The Conspirators vs. Velvet Revolver

bacardimayne

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which would you rather see Slash do? Keep the Conspirators together as is, reunite Velvet Revolver, create some kind of hybrid band using members of the Conspirators and VR (Myles, Slash, Duff, Dave, Matt for example) or do something completely new? Personally I say keep the Conspirators together. They're a great band (especially live) and they give Slash the freedom to do whatever he wants while in turn receiving exposure to the world. It's been stated by former members that VR was never intended to be anything more than a cashgrab, so I'm not really interested in a reunion. Duff is awesome by all means, but to me Todd Kerns is just as important a part of The Conspirators as Slash and Myles are, so I wouldn't want to create a "hybrid band". Maybe bring Izzy in if he's interested, but that's about it.

This is a sticky question for me. For Slash, I'd rather see him in VR any day. However, I'd much rather have Scott in STP than VR (Assuming he had to pick one, of course), and I can't imagine anyone else with VR. So its a bit of a paradox, innit?

i listened to contraband last night and man, i forgot how awesome that record is. that being said, i love slash's solo band. they're great live and i think his two albums are great, especialy AL.

plus scott, duff, and matt all seem happy now. idk about dave

Another reason I don't want VR back together: Though Contraband was great, Libertad was truly horrible and I don't think they'd have it in them to put out another good album.

As far as covering Slash's back catalog goes, the Conspirators are the best lineup to do that by far.

Not easy to answer on that. There are moments when I think, why there couldn't be Matt and Duff being the rhythm-section. On the other hand, it works well with the conspirators. They really are great live band and i'm happy to see them soon.

But yet, I'm not 100% satisfied with that situation and I wasnt with VR. Probably I'm waiting for something new, I dont know.

Which would you rather see Slash do? Keep the Conspirators together as is, reunite Velvet Revolver, create some kind of hybrid band using members of the Conspirators and VR (Myles, Slash, Duff, Dave, Matt for example) or do something completely new? Personally I say keep the Conspirators together. They're a great band (especially live) and they give Slash the freedom to do whatever he wants while in turn receiving exposure to the world. It's been stated by former members that VR was never intended to be anything more than a cashgrab, so I'm not really interested in a reunion. Duff is awesome by all means, but to me Todd Kerns is just as important a part of The Conspirators as Slash and Myles are, so I wouldn't want to create a "hybrid band". Maybe bring Izzy in if he's interested, but that's about it.

I agree with you on almost every point. Velvet Revolver may have had some stronger songs but these guys have some great ones too. It is all about the live show for me and these shows are waayyyy better than VR shows. Slash can be Slash again and it is kicking ass. They can also play a wider variety of GnR tunes which is great, VR just couldn't pull off Rocket Queen. I would love to see Duff involved but Todd's vocals are huge. Izzy would be a dream come true and I bet he would actually have a blast with this band. They should seriously try and get him involved somehow. I wouldn't mind seeing Steven in there too. In a perfect world I would like to see Duff, Slash, Izzy, Myles and Steven tour the world and kick everyone's ass but Slash and the boys are doing a fine job.

Though Contraband was great, Libertad was truly horrible

I liked Libertad more!! :)

Whatever, Velvet Revolver blows them out of the water imo. Even the new songs had Slash all over it and they were literally a hired band that didn't contribute songwriting-wise (I could be wrong, but I don't think I am)...

You are wrong. It's been discussed numerous times in interviews and Slash and Myles share songwriting credits.

Edited by uctalum01

Gotta keep the Myles and Todd vocal combo together, the harmonies those 2 can hit are pure concert gold. Todd himself is a frontman, so you have tons of stage presence already there. And Brent is solid as solid gets, they have a great chemistry going, I'd hate to see that band split up.

Apparently they're debuting a new song off the album tonight in Auckland.

Gotta keep the Myles and Todd vocal combo together, the harmonies those 2 can hit are pure concert gold. Todd himself is a frontman, so you have tons of stage presence already there. And Brent is solid as solid gets, they have a great chemistry going, I'd hate to see that band split up.

Todd said in his album song by song blog that they have been talking about adding Bad Rain to the set. I sooooooo hope so!!!

Whatever, Velvet Revolver blows them out of the water imo. Even the new songs had Slash all over it and they were literally a hired band that didn't contribute songwriting-wise (I could be wrong, but I don't think I am)...

so you think libertad blows AL or Slash out of the water? that's probably my least favorite album that slash has been assiociated with

Todd said in his album song by song blog that they have been talking about adding Bad Rain to the set. I sooooooo hope so!!!

Great news. That would rock. Wonder whose gonna do the "Oh Oh Oh" backing vocals in the chorus?