Would you feel any differently if these were 12 club dates around the US at venues the same capacity?

TeeJay410

i was lucky enough to catch the UCAP tour and agree, the show was amazing. i dont think the vegas thing is necessarily as awful as everyone says. if its the same old set though, then we have a bit of a problem.

wish they were coming by me and wish i could make vegas regardless though! lol

New Guns N Roses will never be able to play "Arenas" again

If they want to tour the US they have to play these 2,000-4,000 capacity places

And they have to cut the prices in half for their UCAP tour I know they charged like $100 and up for most places, that aint gonna cut it in most towns, maybe in NY and Chicago

New Guns N Roses will never be able to play "Arenas" again

If they want to tour the US they have to play these 2,000-4,000 capacity places

And they have to cut the prices in half for their UCAP tour I know they charged like $100 and up for most places, that aint gonna cut it in most towns, maybe in NY and Chicago

I think there's too much of a big deal made about bands that play arenas, like audience size determines quality of the show. I think if Axl stuck to a residency in Vegas and one in NYC, he wouldn't have to take GNR on the road in the US. Considering Axl likes going on late, Vegas is a no brainer.

i almost am certain that the next USA GNR tour will be arenas. just because the places arent sold out doesnt make them quality shows

When they left larger markets they struggled to sell even half capacity in some places. Really at this point I'd prefer Gn'R to be a club band in the U.S.

The facts show that GnR's US ticket sales have been roughly the same in 2002, 2006 and 2011. If they were able to book the 2006 and 2011 US shows in arenas, they'll be able to do the same next time they tour the US if they so cheese

The usual naysayers and doom and gloomers will post their usual doomsday predictions but the reality is that GnR is still a perfectly viable arena touring act in the US. This myth that you need to sell out every venue you play to be a viable touring act is incredibly misguided and naive

The facts show that GnR's US ticket sales have been roughly the same in 2002, 2006 and 2011. If they were able to book the 2006 and 2011 US shows in arenas, they'll be able to do the same next time they tour the US if they so cheese

The usual naysayers and doom and gloomers will post their usual doomsday predictions but the reality is that GnR is still a perfectly viable arena touring act in the US. This myth that you need to sell out every venue you play to be a viable touring act is incredibly misguided and naive

You really are like the poor mans MSL.

Suddenly everything is fine as long as its financially viable.

they were the "same" in 2002 2006 and 2011 because Axl gave a 4-5 year break in between the shows, so people had the desire to see them again

If Axl decides in 2013 he is going to play Arenas again in the US, I guarantee these places will be less then 1/2 filled

between people not having a desire to see them again, having a bad experience by the shows ending at 2AM, and people being upset at Axl not showing up for the Rock N Roll Hall of fame, Guns N Roses in their current capacity is irrelevant

like I said if he does not mind playing 2-4,000 capacity clubs they will get good crowds, but never will "new" Guns be able to play Arenas again

i almost am certain that the next USA GNR tour will be arenas. just because the places arent sold out doesnt make them quality shows

When they left larger markets they struggled to sell even half capacity in some places. Really at this point I'd prefer Gn'R to be a club band in the U.S.

How does it affect you either way?

they were the "same" in 2002 2006 and 2011 because Axl gave a 4-5 year break in between the shows, so people had the desire to see them again

If Axl decides in 2013 he is going to play Arenas again in the US, I guarantee these places will be less then 1/2 filled

between people not having a desire to see them again, having a bad experience by the shows ending at 2AM, and people being upset at Axl not showing up for the Rock N Roll Hall of fame, Guns N Roses in their current capacity is irrelevant

like I said if he does not mind playing 2-4,000 capacity clubs they will get good crowds, but never will "new" Guns be able to play Arenas again

You're talking out of your ass and don't understand the touring business at all.

If you look at what the show costs to put on, plus the fee for the venue, vs. total profit, you would understand that Guns can play to half-full arenas and still be profitable. You're simply one of those "it's not a sellout" whiners who has very little understanding of actual touring.

Guns could announce a show in MSG and probably sell it out yet again, announce a show in Toronto and come close, and do some big shows in Chicago and Boston like they always do. Sprinkle in some smaller shows and they're set.

The only thing they need is either some new material or a hook to get people in the door... you know, like the 25th anniversary of AFD.

Believe me Guns will play more arena shows in the US at some point. I saw Stone Temple Pilots in a half empty arena a few years ago. Half. And they came back and did another arena show recently. They didn't pull half the fans Guns did when they were here.

You're talking out of your ass and don't understand the touring business at all.

If you look at what the show costs to put on, plus the fee for the venue, vs. total profit, you would understand that Guns can play to half-full arenas and still be profitable. You're simply one of those "it's not a sellout" whiners who has very little understanding of actual touring.

Guns could announce a show in MSG and probably sell it out yet again, announce a show in Toronto and come close, and do some big shows in Chicago and Boston like they always do. Sprinkle in some smaller shows and they're set.

The only thing they need is either some new material or a hook to get people in the door... you know, like the 25th anniversary of AFD.

Believe me Guns will play more arena shows in the US at some point. I saw Stone Temple Pilots in a half empty arena a few years ago. Half. And they came back and did another arena show recently. They didn't pull half the fans Guns did when they were here.

I think the 2012 tour went well for GNR as far as money goes. Azoff changed the pricing structure of shows, which drove the prime seats up, but the cost of getting in and seeing the show in the nosebleeds went down. Clear Channel was gouging the shit out of the audience a decade ago, but bands were just as guilty for the price increases, and being complete hypocrites about "the man" ripping them off. Complete bullshit. I don't think GNR gouged the audience as far as ticket cost goes, but they're a lot more than when you look at old ticket stubs.