Will Axl's Voice Recover?

Graeme

Yeah the romanticizing of 2010 is constant, but really it isn't all its cracked up to be.You can see why Axl would want to take it a little easier or use a different style because he looks like he has to push so hard in some of these older videos that he is about to take a coronary.

Edited by cbgnr

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck are you guys smoking? Saw him yesterday. His voice was top notch. My friend that is not Axl biggest fans also concede that his voice is amazing. 3 hours non stop. Go to the show, don't judge based on video. All Indonesian fans on twitter mostly said GNR with or without slash is still GNR after the show.

What the fuck are you guys smoking? Saw him yesterday. His voice was top notch. My friend that is not Axl biggest fans also concede that his voice is amazing. 3 hours non stop. Go to the show, don't judge based on video. All Indonesian fans on twitter mostly said GNR with or without slash is still GNR after the show.

Glad you enjoyed the show but give it up with the crock about not judging based on videos.

What you're saying is really stupid: "Don't judge his voice based on professionally recorded, dry-vocal, soundboard audio: judge it based on what you hear at a show, surrounded by thousands of other people singing, with two beers in your hand and Axl's voice being blasted through a giant PA at insane volumes."

What you say sounds 'amazing' at the show wouldn't sound so amazing if you were stood next to him or listening to the soundboard feed. But blast that weak falsetto at high volume and boy does it sound like he's going for it!

I'm glad he can get away with singing falsetto and preserve his voice but don't pretend it's amazing hard rock singing. It's smoke and mirrors.

Axl can do anything if he puts his mind to it. None of us is anyone to tell him how to lead his life, but if he got out a bit more, started kickboxing again and gave up the smokes, he could be in shape in no time. Hell, if Brian Johnson can tour at his age screaming Bon era tracks, Axl could easily do it for another 10 years....(and Brian still smokes)

Axl can do anything if he puts his mind to it. None of us is anyone to tell him how to lead his life, but if he got out a bit more, started kickboxing again and gave up the smokes, he could be in shape in no time. Hell, if Brian Johnson can tour at his age screaming Bon era tracks, Axl could easily do it for another 10 years....(and Brian still smokes)

So, he's too lazy..?

What you say sounds 'amazing' at the show wouldn't sound so amazing if you were stood next to him or listening to the soundboard feed.

But why the fuck would we care about how his voice sounds from the soundboard feed? He is only singing for the audience and all current show reviews praise his voice. That is the ONLY thing that is important.

What you say sounds 'amazing' at the show wouldn't sound so amazing if you were stood next to him or listening to the soundboard feed.

But why the fuck would we care about how his voice sounds from the soundboard feed? He is only singing for the audience and all current show reviews praise his voice. That is the ONLY thing that is important.

I'll humour you.

Firstly, if you read my post properly, I was taking issue with the tired excuse about the pesky iPhone videos making Axl's amazing vocals sound crap. I've repeatedly said i'm glad that he can protect his voice and still please fans like our Indonesian friend. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the only thing that's important. Wouldn't you agree that when he's playing Rock In Rio that even if every single person at the show thought it was amazing that it also matters a little what the thousands watching around the world think? But that's a separate issue.

Why the fuck would we care about how his voice sounds from the soundboard feed? Can you not think of a few reasons? What are you talking about?

Glad you enjoyed the show but give it up with the crock about not judging based on videos.

What you're saying is really stupid: "Don't judge his voice based on professionally recorded, dry-vocal, soundboard audio: judge it based on what you hear at a show, surrounded by thousands of other people singing, with two beers in your hand and Axl's voice being blasted through a giant PA at insane volumes."

What you say sounds 'amazing' at the show wouldn't sound so amazing if you were stood next to him or listening to the soundboard feed. But blast that weak falsetto at high volume and boy does it sound like he's going for it!

I'm glad he can get away with singing falsetto and preserve his voice but don't pretend it's amazing hard rock singing. It's smoke and mirrors.

Have you see the band perform live? Can you perform and sing like Axl for 3 hours straight? Anyway I'm done with you.

I'll humour you.

Firstly, if you read my post properly, I was taking issue with the tired excuse about the pesky iPhone videos making Axl's amazing vocals sound crap. I've repeatedly said i'm glad that he can protect his voice and still please fans like our Indonesian friend. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the only thing that's important. Wouldn't you agree that when he's playing Rock In Rio that even if every single person at the show thought it was amazing that it also matters a little what the thousands watching around the world think? But that's a separate issue.

Yes, when the show is being televised then of course it matters to some extent.

Why the fuck would we care about how his voice sounds from the soundboard feed? Can you not think of a few reasons? What are you talking about?

Yes, I can think of two reasons: Pathetic kids who need another excuse to cupcake the forums and pathetic kids who wish their bootlegs were better. I'll say it again: the live shows are for the live audiences (:o), if the band pleases the live audience they are doing their job. And if so, Axl's voice is GOOD ENOUGH and doesn't need "recovering".