Will the 'Vegas Residency' be a prelude to NuGNR taking the world by storm?

BBA

No. GnR taking the world by storm how exactly? They haven't got anything that'll even remotely interest the world.

Ticket sales worldwide beg to differ. I hate people who say things without basis.

Meh. By storm would include the new music making waves on radio and television and a buzz, some sort of impact on culture.

Have you seen "culture" lately? TMZ. Reality TV. Beyonce. Gaga. Bieber. Why in the hell would you want Axl or GNR to have anything to do with the moronic cesspool "culture" has become...let them do what they're doing. Having fun. Playing music. Entertaining fans of good music.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious ... does anyone else feel like NuGNR's fall 'Vegas Residency' shows are going to be a prelude to the "band" taking the world by storm once again? specifically, do you think NuGNR is using these shows as a platform to launch the new album that has been referred to recently as a "top priority" for the whole band? will we once again have epic, million-dollar budget music videos for new timeless classics? will the band be able to fill US stadiums as they did during the 91-93 Illusion tour? should we expect blu-ray releases and numerous television interviews where axl rose finally declares to the world that this band IS Guns N Roses?

... or is this just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck?

you'd think they'd use this as a platform to break in new material and re-launch the band on their own merit but it'll probably be the same

Fill stadiums again? not with this line up so.........not in this lifetime

What i see is again easy money $$$$$$.Thats all they want,and they wont have mine again.

Strange, one would think that by giving in and reuniting with the UYI lineup even more easy money could be made. It is almost like Axl has chosen the path that gives the least money, by recreating a new band and by releasing new music.

What i see is again easy money $$$$$$.Thats all they want,and they wont have mine again.

Strange, one would think that by giving in and reuniting with the UYI lineup even more easy money could be made. It is almost like Axl has chosen the path that gives the least money, by recreating a new band and by releasing new music.

The path of having employees rather than band members splitting the pay equally. He's in a very comfortable position earning a whole lot per gig, and he doesn't have to put up with any other people's feelings because he is the boss, not an equal member of a band. The old band members would expect to be treated with respect, something Axl just can't do.

Why do you care if they fill stadiums?

They fill stadiums in South America, though...

What's so great about seeing a band in a stadium? It's just about money unless they're putting a lot of money into the visuals, like Roger Waters.

At least with smaller venues, everyone in the audience gets a good show. I don't get how people can say seeing a band in a hockey rink is better than a theater, the only good thing about the arena and rock is if you're staging a big production that needs a big space, or the band is THAT in demand that they're trying to get everyone in the building. But it's still about asses in seats and how many t-shirts and hoodies sold.

If touring was easy money, everyone would be doing it.

My guess would be that some people are so insecure in their own preferences that they seek the validation of others.

Abundance of cupcakes here lately!

or differing opinions about yet another CD tour, regardless of what you call it - not everyone falls on their knees for Axl and his current incarnation of GnR

Do you disagree that there are people here who admit not liking the current version of the band and has lost interest in GN'R yet still posts frequent negative posts in this section?

I do not know what is sadder...that bringbackadler continues to post about a band that he hates or that people are completely oblivious to his trolling.

bringbackadler's life is the saddest thing of all.

It trully is and I'm not just saying this... I can't imagine how sad it is.

I do not know what is sadder...that bringbackadler continues to post about a band that he hates or that people are completely oblivious to his trolling.

you know what strikes me as sadder? following this band earnestly, with no sense of humor about its decline.

Abundance of cupcakes here lately!

or differing opinions about yet another CD tour, regardless of what you call it - not everyone falls on their knees for Axl and his current incarnation of GnR

I don`t fall on my knees for Axl`s band but BBA is n`t funny anymore his threads are beyond ridiculous

you know what strikes me as sadder? following this band earnestly, with no sense of humor about its decline.

I do have a sense of humour about it's decline but I also have optimism and I don't let a band ruin my day like that. Some people have no hope whatsoever of seeing a reunion yet still comes here just to make sure if they're not happy, others aren't either.

No. GnR taking the world by storm how exactly? They haven't got anything that'll even remotely interest the world.

Ticket sales worldwide beg to differ. I hate people who say things without basis.

Meh. By storm would include the new music making waves on radio and television and a buzz, some sort of impact on culture.

..and we all know that's going to happen. I have zero hope for all future music Axl might create with his current line up.

Valid question. Whether it is a cupcake attempt or not, it is a valid question.

Will it be 12 shows that are exactly the same as the prior 25 shows? Same set-list each night. Nothing new. Nothing different. Just another opportunity for fans to see GnR perform.

Or, will Axl use this as an opportunity to do something magical? Somebody pointed out that bands like Prince and Springsteen have done the multiple show city thing in the past and they played over 100 different songs. Will Axl do that?

I posted this before, but this could be an absolute home run for Axl and the band, and for the fans.

If the band has fun with this and ends up playing 100 different songs over the 12 show. Throw an in acoustic performance. Have some cool special guests. Debut a new song or two. Do a live recording for the concert DVD.

One scenario is a HOME RUN for the band, builds momentum, gets the fans excited, etc.

The other is just an extension of the multi-year, on-going tour. Which at this point, I think that the majority of us would prefer a new album rather than more and more tour dates.

Usually a residency is intended for people to go to multiple shows, so GNR have to change the setlist up. Prince and Springsteen have a lot more songs in the back catalog, and do a lot of cover songs, so you're talking about 3 times as much material than GNR have.

Damn I wish I had both the time and the money to see at least one show in Vegas.

I think it's awesome that GNR have this opportunity to play Vegas. It'll will give them more exposure to people who might not have seen them yet and give them incentive to write new music as a band.

Whatever the reason GNR decided to play Vegas I think it's a great idea. So many amazing performers from the beginning of the building of Las Vegas have played there, so I think it's fitting that GNR are added to the history of such an awesome city.

Maybe Axl will start his own "rat pack". :)

I could fill a SA stadium. Tom Stimson could, Brian Carroll could.....it's SA.

No.

No.

Warrant (with some dude on vocals) could. Dokken could, Queensryche (with new singer) could. LOL

Have you seen "culture" lately? TMZ. Reality TV. Beyonce. Gaga. Bieber. Why in the hell would you want Axl or GNR to have anything to do with the moronic cesspool "culture" has become...let them do what they're doing. Having fun. Playing music. Entertaining fans of good music.

Maybe to kick current culture straight in the ass? They did it before and I'd like to see GNR, or whoever, kickstart a cultural revolution where GaGa TMZ and the likes are sent straight to hell.