Will the 'Vegas Residency' be a prelude to NuGNR taking the world by storm?

BBA

No. GnR taking the world by storm how exactly? They haven't got anything that'll even remotely interest the world.

Ticket sales worldwide beg to differ. I hate people who say things without basis.

Meh. By storm would include the new music making waves on radio and television and a buzz, some sort of impact on culture.

Have you seen "culture" lately? TMZ. Reality TV. Beyonce. Gaga. Bieber. Why in the hell would you want Axl or GNR to have anything to do with the moronic cesspool "culture" has become...let them do what they're doing. Having fun. Playing music. Entertaining fans of good music.

Where did I say I wanted gn'r to having anything to do with the culture good or bad? I'm just answering the topic at hand and commenting that ticket sales don't mean you're taking the world by storm. Taking the world by storm would entail some sort of impact on culture, no?

I really could care less what gn'r does so long as they put out music. But they don't do that, and there's no serious indication they will be any time soon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abundance of cupcakes here lately!

or differing opinions about yet another CD tour, regardless of what you call it - not everyone falls on their knees for Axl and his current incarnation of GnR

Do you disagree that there are people here who admit not liking the current version of the band and has lost interest in GN'R yet still posts frequent negative posts in this section?

too bad all the negativity is brought on by the bands ringleader

Fill stadiums again? not with this line up so.........not in this lifetime

What i see is again easy money $$$$$$.Thats all they want,and they wont have mine again.

Why do you care if they fill stadiums?

They fill stadiums in South America, though...

I could fill a SA stadium. Tom Stimson could, Brian Carroll could.....it's SA.

No.

Warrant (with some dude on vocals) could. Dokken could, Queensryche (with new singer) could. LOL

All of those bands play clubs or arenas in SA not stadiums (on their own anyway).

Edited by axl8302

What i see is again easy money $$$$$$.Thats all they want,and they wont have mine again.

No.

Warrant (with some dude on vocals) could. Dokken could, Queensryche (with new singer) could. LOL

All of those bands play clubs or arenas in SA not stadiums (on their own anyway).

OMFG it's axl8302. who let this animal out of the cage? :nervous:

or differing opinions about yet another CD tour, regardless of what you call it - not everyone falls on their knees for Axl and his current incarnation of GnR

Do you disagree that there are people here who admit not liking the current version of the band and has lost interest in GN'R yet still posts frequent negative posts in this section?

So it is Axl's fault that people just can't let go of something they are not fans of any longer?

No.

OMFG it's axl8302. who let this animal out of the cage? :nervous:

Get ready for it :bitchfight:

- 12 Shows

- AFD has 12 songs

- They will play these days: 31, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 14, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24 ... 31+2+3+7+9+10+14+17+18+21+23+24 = 179 -> 1(79) -> 1(9-7=2) -> 12

Fuck ... it is happening medo.gif

I bet it must have been annoying when all those numbers didn't directly add up to '12' in any way. But luckily you were clever enough to decide to conveniently subtract one of the numbers with another to force it into '12'. Well done, there!

- 12 Shows

- AFD has 12 songs

- They will play these days: 31, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 14, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24 ... 31+2+3+7+9+10+14+17+18+21+23+24 = 179 -> 1(79) -> 1(9-7=2) -> 12

I bet it must have been annoying when all those numbers didn't directly add up to '12' in any way. But luckily you were clever enough to decide to conveniently subtract one of the numbers with another to force it into '12'. Well done, there!

nailed him! good lookin' out, soul monster. nothing slips by you. you're like the forum mall cop.

- 12 Shows

- AFD has 12 songs

nailed him! good lookin' out, soul monster. nothing slips by you. you're like the forum mall cop.

Could be a lot worse.

So it is Axl's fault that people just can't let go of something they are not fans of any longer?

Appetite for Democracy? come on now, axl can't let go of it either - and yet he wants to deny it ever existed

Appetite for Democracy? come on now, axl can't let go of it either - and yet he wants to deny it ever existed

I am talking about how people can't let go of their failed expectations and remain on the forum like bitter ghosts, what has that got to do with the fact that Axl seems to be okay with playing classic GN'R songs on GN'R shows?

Will they take to the stage at 12 O'clock each night ? :D

Maybe the next album will be called It's 12 O'clock Somewhere :D

Maybe Axl will cover The 12 Days to Christmas :D

Sesame Street: The No.12 :D

that video reminds me:

Edited by vaida

The truth is, that no nostalgia act is going to take the world 'by storm'. Especially with a group of guys who have yet to do anything off their own backs.

GNR need to hit the studio - badly. Axl Ro$£ has milked this cow as much has he can. If he has any sort of ambition he'll draw a line under this now, coz it's getting tedious.

If you wanna spend the rest of your life living off your past glories, at least get the guys that legitimised the name in the first place.

Just my 2 cents

LA

I am talking about how people can't let go of their failed expectations and remain on the forum like bitter ghosts, what has that got to do with the fact that Axl seems to be okay with playing classic GN'R songs on GN'R shows?

what failed expectations? who expects anything of GnR anymore but to tour tour tour CD? another Chinese Democracy tour is like a rainy day in Seattle, who cares?

and if you read Axl's rejection letter to the HOF committee on why didn't want to attend or even be inducted into the HOF, it does read like he wants to disavow ever playing with the AFD lineup so why not just stick to playing Chinese Democracy songs since he hates the era so much? cause if he did, he'd be playing to a bunch of empty arena's and clubs and the cash grab would fail

and if you read Axl's rejection letter to the HOF committee on why didn't want to attend or even be inducted into the HOF, it does read like he wants to disavow ever playing with the AFD lineup

But that doesn't mean he rejects the music they made together. You seriously can't differentiate between 'the members' and 'the music'? So let me ask you again: what makes you think Axl wants to deny AFD ever existed? I'll "help you along" by giving some evidence that actually suggests he doesn't want to reject the material:

- He plays lots of it at every gig.

- He is going to celebrate 25th anniversary of the record.

- He didn't quit GN'R like everyone else.

So what have you got? That quote from before the release of UYI about him wanting to bury AFD?

and if you read Axl's rejection letter to the HOF committee on why didn't want to attend or even be inducted into the HOF, it does read like he wants to disavow ever playing with the AFD lineup

But that doesn't mean he rejects the music they made together. You seriously can't differentiate between 'the members' and 'the music'? So let me ask you again: what makes you think Axl wants to deny AFD ever existed? I'll "help you along" by giving some evidence that actually suggests he doesn't want to reject the material:

So what have you got? That quote from before the release of UYI about him wanting to bury AFD?

thats not fair. I support Axl but its obvious until he got control of the band he was treating the other members poorly (good reasons or bad doesn't matter). Izzy, Duff, and Slash have all said that Axl was in part responsible for them leaving.

If you had helped start a band and then one of the other members said you are now my employee, you'd be furious.

thats not fair. I support Axl but its obvious until he got control of the band he was treating the other members poorly (good reasons or bad doesn't matter). Izzy, Duff, and Slash have all said that Axl was in part responsible for them leaving.

If you had helped start a band and then one of the other members said you are now my employee, you'd be furious.

slash and duff fans furious axl, izzy n dizzy didn't show at the HOF