Robert Pattinson to play Lawrence of Arabia

Guest Len B'stard
RPats got his ideas from Dean and Brando.

I might've liked him if he'd've gone that a little well, there's no great shame in that, a lot of great actors began with their ideas from Dean and Brando but with this nobber i don't even reckon there's even that much going on upstairs.

RPats got his ideas from Dean and Brando.

I might've liked him if he'd've gone that a little well, there's no great shame in that, a lot of great actors began with their ideas from Dean and Brando but with this nobber i don't even reckon there's even that much going on upstairs.

:lol: This. I'm a chick and I don't even think he's that good looking. I really can't figure it out.

Guest Len B'stard

I think Sam Riley is both better looking and a better actor and in a better world he'd be where Nobbinson is now. Abd he's in on the road with kirsten so he's probably got a tumble off his bird as well :lol:

It doesn't really seem like any of you read the article... :lol:

He's playing T.E. Lawrence, but it's in an indie film called Queen of the Desert and it's about Gertrude Bell. It seems to have very little to do with the original film and is a different take/perspective on the historical events.

Not saying I'm a Rob Pattinson fan or anything, but... yeah. Some of you need to chill out. :lol:

Naomi Watts stars in the movie as English writer Gertrude Bell, who helped define the borders of Iraq, Jordan and Saudi Arabia. The film chronicles Bell's life as an archaeologist, explorer, cartographer and political attache for Great Britain.

Guest Len B'stard
Sounds like an asshole.

Gotta say, actor is usually a good starting point for that kind of an accusation cuz they are, pretty much to the last woman/man all arseholes, it's sort of a pre-requisite for the job. To have the kind of self awareness that that profession needs you need to be reasonably self obssessed. And you can say "oh such and such comes off alright" but then again, they're actors, aren't they, their job is to project an image.

But that has nothing to do with any of theirs talents, i just...they give me the impression they'd be insufferable people. Same with musicians now i think about it. Actors are much much worse though, musicians i can imagine a good few of them being alright lads and lasses but actors? I understand why Oliver Reed shunned their company in favour of just going down the pub with normal people.

I reckon 99% of people who put themselves in front of a camera or on a stage are most likely insufferable. The only ones who could possibly be exempt from that might be stage actors because they seem to be more about the craft and probably spend more time actually acting rather than grooming themselves.

Guest Len B'stard

They're also some of the most boring people in the world too? It's why when one comes along with even the slightest modicum of natural charm or charisma they go absolutely mental over him, it's cuz the rest of them are people who have basically spent their entire lives feigning charm and desperately trying to mask how fuckin' depressingly boring they are. I mean can you IMAGINE a conversation with someone like Tom Cruise or Kristen Stewart, Christ i'd rather read the fuckin' phonebook.

I mean you watch documentarys about actors like Steve McQueen, Brando, James Dean, Richard Harris and they're "he was just so INTERESTING!" like interesting is like the furthest from anything they'd ever encountered in their circles. "well, what made McQueen McQueen was that he was so...human!" Well that don't say a lot for the rest of you fuckers, does it?

Next time you watch a documentary about an actor, think about that for a minute, think about the things they praise them for, they're really actually not that exceptional things :lol: "Well, the thing with Jimmy Dean was Jimmy had some much to say...so much truth..." yeah, i imagine when you been spending your evenings with producers you'd fancy a bit of that :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Interesting is exactly the last word I'd apply to an actor. Especially when you look at the quality of most films these days. They're just stupid pieces of fluff that contribute nothing whatsoever to this world. I see merit in some actors who play great roles in exceptional films because they really do tell a story that can have an affect on you, but that would be less than 1% of films made today. Thinking off the top of my head, I would think Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino was exceptional and I would say he is interesting. But he's also a director and so maybe that doesn't really count, because that is one fucking hard job, being a director. My mind boggles when I think of all the time and money that gets wasted making stupid, dumbass films. It doesn't matter to me that they make the money back from cinema ticket sales because all the stupid numbskulls who pay to go and watch the shit sit there and waste 2-3 hours of their day when they could be doing something that might actually contribute to what small remaining number of brain cells they have, not killing them. Fuck it's irritating!

I might add as well, that male actors are worse than female actors because they are usually quite vain and if there's one thing I fucking can't stand in men, is vanity. Uuuuughhh! Women can get away with it slightly more because they are expected to be beautiful, etc, etc, but vanity in men is just one big turnoff IMO.

Guest Len B'stard

Interesting is exactly the last word I'd apply to an actor. Especially when you look at the quality of most films these days. They're just stupid pieces of fluff that contribute nothing whatsoever to this world. I see merit in some actors who play great roles in exceptional films because they really do tell a story that can have an affect on you, but that would be less than 1% of films made today. Thinking off the top of my head, I would think Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino was exceptional and I would say he is interesting. But he's also a director and so maybe that doesn't really count, because that is one fucking hard job, being a director. My mind boggles when I think of all the time and money that gets wasted making stupid, dumbass films. It doesn't matter to me that they make the money back from cinema ticket sales because all the stupid numbskulls who pay to go and watch the shit sit there and waste 2-3 hours of their day when they could be doing something that might actually contribute to what small remaining number of brain cells they have, not killing them. Fuck it's irritating!

I might add as well, that male actors are worse than female actors because they are usually quite vain and if there's one thing I fucking can't stand in men, is vanity. Uuuuughhh! Women can get away with it slightly more because they are expected to be beautiful, etc, etc, but vanity in men is just one big turnoff IMO.

If you wanna know some good movies knocking about nowadays, you wanna talk to Angelica, she REALLY knows her fuckin' movies and she's got like...put it this way, i don't think she's reccomended me a movie yet that ain't a 10 out of 10 and she's been reccomending me em for years by now.

ANGELICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HELPPP!!!! *she'll be along in a bit, movies are like her bat-signal :lol:*

Cool. Calling Angelica! Calling Angelica!

I haven't got time to watch no shit movies anymore. The last couple of films I watched we're OK, but not great even though they got pretty good reviews in the media. Maybe I've gotten a bit fussy as I've gotten older but I just can't stand wasting 2 hours (or even 3 these days, fuck they make films go for a long time now) on something average let alone a pile of shit. I fucking hate remakes too, if you're going to waste all that time and money at least have the decency to get off your ass and write something from scratch.

Lenny, you'd probably make a good script writer, I reckon. You have quite a broad range of knowledge and a quick wit, which IMO is the right combination for writing film scripts. Take the compliment and don't go all shy on me either! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I have done already. I got into doing a film studies degree, despite not having the grades for it (i failed 2 out of 3 A Levels and got a D in the one i passed) on the basis of a short script i wrote, i used to write a lot as a kid, wanted to write movies and such but the more i got into film the more i found it and the people that got involved in it to be very unappealling. Never did do that degree, went to Uni for 6 weeks and jacked it in. I kinda liked or wanted to make experimental stuff and thats not so much an occupation as a labour of love y'know?

Even got this treatment together for a sitcom :lol: I just never get off the ground with these things though, can't be bothered, i'm a lazy shite y'see. But yeah, i've always written tons, ever since i was a child. Sort of stopped once i started working full-time which was about 10 years ago and since then i've only written like...random prose crap, just as an impulse, y'know? Can't really be bothered with writing but at the same time i can't drop it completely.

Fuck, you are in a BAD mood tonight. What's up your ass, hey? There, there, take it easy. No ones going to be mean to you unless you deserve it, which will most likely be the case, I hope you realise, but you will bring it all on yourself!

Im sowwy :wub::hug:

Apology accepted. :)

I have done already. I got into doing a film studies degree, despite not having the grades for it (i failed 2 out of 3 A Levels and got a D in the one i passed) on the basis of a short script i wrote, i used to write a lot as a kid, wanted to write movies and such but the more i got into film the more i found it and the people that got involved in it to be very unappealling. Never did do that degree, went to Uni for 6 weeks and jacked it in. I kinda liked or wanted to make experimental stuff and thats not so much an occupation as a labour of love y'know?

Even got this treatment together for a sitcom :lol: I just never get off the ground with these things though, can't be bothered, i'm a lazy shite y'see. But yeah, i've always written tons, ever since i was a child. Sort of stopped once i started working full-time which was about 10 years ago and since then i've only written like...random prose crap, just as an impulse, y'know? Can't really be bothered with writing but at the same time i can't drop it completely.

Ah that's right! I remember you posting about film studies and then everyone hanging shit on you for it and I was thinking "that sounds pretty cool actually". I can see where you're coming from, when you study something you have an idea of what it's like but when you get into it, it's completely different because the people are often a major defining factor as to whether you'll like something or not. I studied and worked in the advertising industry for several years before changing to fashion. At uni I thought it would be great and within 3 months of working in it I knew it wasn't for me. Mind you I kept gong for years hoping it would change, but it didn't. It nearly killed me in the end. The money was heaps better than what I do now but at least I can get out of bed without having to bang my head on the wall 10 times first. I hate corporate life, it is so wrong for my personality and that's one of the things I think is unacceptable in the way we are educated. Not one school or uni looks at what you are suited for based on your personality but to me that is such a defining factor in how we can be happy and contribute to society. So many people are walking around depressed out of their fucking brains because they are doing something they shouldn't be doing. It's bullshit. It took me ages to figure it out and then I had to work and study part time at night school to do what I actually wanted to do. It's all fine now but Jesus, it was fucking hard and frankly unnecessary.

Know what you mean about the experimental stuff too. That's definitely a labour of love. Shouldn't be the case, but it is. :(

(thanks for listening to my rant. It was good to get it out of my system. Deep breath now........)

Guest Len B'stard

There's really no point in doing something you ain't happy doing. Don't get me wrong if it's the difference between that and the poorhouse then fuckin' do it but if you got options like you clearly had, go for the fuckin' rainbow and that.

Yep. I've read enough Charles Dickens to know that the poorhouse ain't nowhere that you want to be, that's for sure. Love that guy, wrote the most amazing characters I've ever encountered. Gave me a new respect for the time I live in, the less fortunate around me and made me quite fascinated with England too, might I add.