Is any other fan base as divided as the GnR fan base?

Cosmo

Is any other fan base as divided as the GnR fan base? I can think of some divided fan bases like:

- Brian Johnson AC/DC fans X Bon Scott AC/DC fans

- Original Four-Only KISS fans X Current KISS fans

- Original Line-Up Wolfmother fans X Any line-up Wolfmother Fans

- Ozzy Sabbath Fans X Dio Sabbath Fans

- Van Hagar X DLR VH Fans

But I can't think of any other fan base that is AS divided as GnR's. Are there any? Which ones?

Beatles fans have 3 or 4 different factions: the Lennon nuts, the Beatle experts, and the ones who thought George Harrison was holy. The McCartney fans are the more normal ones.

Pink Floyd fans -Syd cult, taking sides in the Roger vs Dave feud, and the Space rock fans era who think Meddle's their best album.

Megadeth/Metallica/Cliff era.

Beatles fans have 3 or 4 different factions: the Lennon nuts, the Beatle experts, and the ones who thought George Harrison was holy. The McCartney fans are the more normal ones.

Pink Floyd fans -Syd cult, taking sides in the Roger vs Dave feud, and the Space rock fans era who think Meddle's their best album.

Megadeth/Metallica/Cliff era.

Roger

Is any other fan base as divided as the GnR fan base? I can think of some divided fan bases like:

- Brian Johnson AC/DC fans X Bon Scott AC/DC fans

- Original Four-Only KISS fans X Current KISS fans

- Original Line-Up Wolfmother fans X Any line-up Wolfmother Fans

- Ozzy Sabbath Fans X Dio Sabbath Fans

- Van Hagar X DLR VH Fans

But I can't think of any other fan base that is AS divided as GnR's. Are there any? Which ones?

the only ones remotely close would be van halen IMO

for some reason some gnr fans feel what axl is doing somehow unique or different but its been done for 40 years or so. i see you mentioned sabbath and its true their are the ozzy only cultists(god they are so fucking annoying) but for the most part i feel that even ozzy only fans respect the dio era even if they dont like it IMO.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The GNR fan base isn't really devided. 99% of their fans don't give a fuck about the new band. The new GNR fans seems extremely overrepresented here because the board has been working to get the new bands approval during all years and driven the old fans away, not to mention that they simply lost interest since there's nothing to discuss about their favourite band that hasn't already been discussed a thousand times. There isn't more than maximum 10 000 new GNR fans (That number is being generous) out there in total, while there are or has been at least (I doubt many of them cares any more) millions of old GNR fans.

The GNR fan base isn't really devided. 99% of their fans don't give a fuck about the new band. The new GNR fans seems extremely overrepresented here because the board has been working to get the new bands approval during all years and driven the old fans away, not to mention that they simply lost interest since there's nothing to discuss about their favourite band that hasn't already been discussed a thousand times. There isn't more than maximum 10 000 new GNR fans (That number is being generous) out there in total, while there are or has been at least (I doubt many of them cares any more) millions of old GNR fans.

There's a chemistry with the AFD lineup that's long gone, but if they did get together in a room and play, there's no doubt what made them great in their 20s, would still be great now. But there's also the fact that they were really messed up and the combination of that lineup was also detrimental, and I think Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Axl prefer how life is now to how it was then. I think if you asked them, they'd say the most fun was right before AFD made it big and their first national tour, and the UK shows. I just think that initial thrill of "we really made it" was what made that part enjoyable. But 89-91, sounded like everything flipped. Too much of a good time, but I think Lonn and Del caught a lot of that off time in Rip.

Illusions prob led to some great moments, but prob. the rockiest start of any band ever.

The songs carry on to new generations, so there's always going to be interest in them.

Axl taking GNR out of the running over those 15 years was career suicide, but people keep coming back.