Old or cancelled TV shows you would love to see (or think that should) return

Cosmo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadwood

Fucking a man. I just watched the series again now that I have HBO go, so awesome. Wish they at least did the movie they considered to tie it all together.

"I'm just sayin before the smell hits you, I shit my pants Mr. Swearengen"

Rome was good too.

The Sopranos was such a dick tease of a show, I hope it rots in hell.

Edited by DeadSlash

Guest Len B'stard

Anything centred around Alf Garnett like Til Death Us Do Part, In Sickness and in Health, it was a wonderful vehicle for social commentary and i'd just LOVE to hear what Alf has to say about the world today. Warren Mitchells still alive so it's possible from that end but unfortunately John Speight is dead and Mitchell said he refused to play Alf unless scripted by Speight...i agree with him.

Only Fools & Horses but again, writer/brainchild of it, John Sullivan passed away. Shame. Was quite enjoying Rock & Chips too but i think i might be alone on that one :lol:

Anything centred around Alf Garnett like Til Death Us Do Part, In Sickness and in Health, it was a wonderful vehicle for social commentary and i'd just LOVE to hear what Alf has to say about the world today. Warren Mitchells still alive so it's possible from that end but unfortunately John Speight is dead and Mitchell said he refused to play Alf unless scripted by Speight...i agree with him.

Only Fools & Horses but again, writer/brainchild of it, John Sullivan passed away. Shame. Was quite enjoying Rock & Chips too but i think i might be alone on that one :lol:

Not alone mate, it had so much potential.

Quantum Leap should never have been cancelled. Amazing show.

All in the Family should never have been cancelled either.

Twilight Zone was cancelled far too soon.

The Sopranos. I miss that show badly.

The Honeymooners could've lasted longer than it did.

The Golden Girls ended too soon, could've kept going a few seasons more.

Batman '60s TV series.

What's My Line?

Magnum, PI.

I Love Lucy

Bonanza

King of the Hill (and many other 90s cartoons)

You guys are just naming shows you like.

Really? Na lets bring shit back people hate. :max:

That's not what I meant.

What did you mean then? (sorry, if I sounded like a jerk first time around. Hug? :hug:)

What I meant was just because you like it doesn't mean it should come back. Some were mentioning Seinfeld or Friends. Both shows with what 10 seasons each? What more do you want? Or shows that were clearly done, complete storyline, decent ending. Or shows with a continuous storyline but which ended years or decades ago. How could you possibly see Freaks and Geeks, for example, back on the air?

I could see shows coming back that ended fairly recently or with stories that allow for long time skips. I'd like to see Pushing Daisies and maybe Carnivale back.

I don't think the Soprano's should come back. I loved the show and all but the last 2 seasons dragged on. A few great episodes but they don't compare to the first 4 seasons. IMO the tone of the show really changed (for the worse) when Ralph dead the stripper to death. At that point the show had really made it big so there was lots of backlash from the public. Beginning of the end...