Axl and Dj Backstage Story

OptimusPrimeNL

Okay, I believe the whole going to the after party and trailer bit. The overall setting of the story is not entirely unbelievable to be fair. But the parts which claims how Axl goes on and on about Slash just reads like a bad slaxl fanfic...

Yeah and I have a hard time beliving that By The Sword just happened to play on the radio just at that moment. Not saying it didn't happen but I am not sold on this story just yet.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds believable based on other backstage interactions we've seen/heard regarding Axl. For all those who find it so impossible that he would be talking about Slash, did everyone forget the video last year some fan filmed after a GNR show at a bar when Axl was telling fans stories about him and Slash and even brought up something from Slash's book? Also, think about that other chick he invited back to his house with her boyfriend who filmed that video and he apparently told her up front that he wasn't looking to hook up with her or anything.

I'm not saying this whole thing is completely true, just that I didn't really read anything in there that seemed like it was outrageous to me.

Also, think about that other chick he invited back to his house with her boyfriend who filmed that video and he apparently told her up front that he wasn't looking to hook up with her or anything.

Huh?

Axl invited some random singer chick to an after party at his house. He showed her all his art and she was filiming it all with her phone. Even Axls toilet. It sounds similar to the story that OP posted in the sense its some random woman being invited by Axl. I think this is what Daria was talking about I dont know.

Edited by chinaman33

Also, think about that other chick he invited back to his house with her boyfriend who filmed that video and he apparently told her up front that he wasn't looking to hook up with her or anything.

Huh?

Axl invited some random singer chick to an after party at his house. He showed her all his art and she was filiming it all with her phone. Even Axls toilet. It sounds similar to the story that OP posted in the sense its some random woman being invited by Axl. I think this is what Daria was talking about I dont know.

Oh that's where all the toilet talk comes from then. Gotcha. I wonder why Axl just invited this chick to his house. Maybe he's lonely. :( Thanks for answering though.

i absolutely believe this story. gels with many backstage stories i've heard. she could have misinterpreted parts of his story, or it could be a translation issue (in regards to slash and axl jumping on his grandmother's bed). then again, you'll recall slash told david letterman that axl was living in his house when slash's grandmother was still living there - so maybe they were jumping on the beds as teenagers.

i have heard private stories about people who met axl or hung out with him backstage and every single person has always mentioned the fact that he talked about slash a lot. not even negatively necessarily, but he does.

the guys spent the formative years of their lives together.

When I discussed Slash with Axl it was certainly not negative at all.

well give up some details gunsguy, and was bbf wishing you a happy birthday the other day? if so hope you had a good one.

Not much details to spill really, just kinda like the video on youtube just chatting about memories kinda thing. Yes that was BBF saying HB to me :)

Come on people, Axl has nothing positive to say about Slash, he's even named him publicly as 'cancer'! :confused:

About that south america episode when he tells a story about him & Slash is just to ridicule and bash Slash - nothing positive at all....

well, what was he like? did he spend a fair amount of time talking about slash and the old days? did you bug him about new music? when was it?

and happy belated birthday.

He was nice, didn't mention Slash alot but did a few times. Did I bug him about new music? ahaha would it matter?

thanks!

well, what was he like? did he spend a fair amount of time talking about slash and the old days? did you bug him about new music? when was it?

and happy belated birthday.

He was nice, didn't mention Slash alot but did a few times. Did I bug him about new music? ahaha would it matter?

thanks!

Nice! What show did you get to talk to him at?

http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/behind-the-scenes-the-other-axl-rose,78375

Here’s her story :

« After Black Label Society’s show, while getting me a beer, an american guy (whose name is Andreï) stops me :

A: Hello, do you work here?

L: No…

A: Do you have a VIP pass?

L: No… (?!)

A: Do you want one?

L: … Are you serious? Yes of course!

A: Do you like Guns N’ Roses?

L: Are you kidding!

A: Ok, so meet me 15 min before the show at the VIP space, and I’ll bring you on stage.

L: (taken aback, asking myself if I really had understood everything and if my English was still correct) Ok, no problem, thank you so much!

Here I am, with a red VIP Press bracelet and a Cheshire Cat smile. 20 minutes before the end of Machine Head’s show, I go to the VIP area. I now enter the hidden part of the festival, decorated magnificently. I realise that this VIP area is just a nice place to chill out, without any access to the stages or the artists’ dressing rooms. I must confess that I’m a bit disappointed, even if I see some musicians who have played today. Thereupon, Andreï pops up, catches my arm and says :

Him : It’s you I saw this afternoon, isn’t it ?

Me : Yeah, it’s me !

Him : All right, follow me.

We now go behind the press area and take a stairway before getting to the side of the stage. He tells me to stay quiet, to switch off my cell and not to take photographs. Apart from Loïc (the sound engineer) and Benjamin Barbaud (Hellfest’s big boss), there are only women with me : an english one (who had arrived like me), two spanish girls who had been “recruited” during Sebastian Bach’s show and two other ladies accompanying Benjamin Barbaud.

The show begins. Andreï takes us beyond the “Do not cross” banner, so that we can see better. We have therefore the same view as Axl Rose, in front of a seemingly endlessly audience. During the show, DJ Ashba give us twice some Jägermeister shooters between the songs. Andrei comes back to give us the picks of Guns N’ Roses’ three guitarists and suggests to wait him here for an ‘after party’. We’re just close to Axl’s dressing room in which he changes himself after each song (he’s so concentrated that he looks angry).

After the show, Andreï takes us backstage : three french and two german women, the two spanish girls, and me. While we’re asking ourselves why we’re here, one of the French girls says disdainfully : “All right girls, don’t get nervous : the guys are on holiday tomorrow and they need girls from 2 to 7 a.m, that’s all !” She tells us she knows what this kind of “after party” is all about, having had an “affair” with Rammstein’s singer, Till Lindemann. Two of the French girls leave, afraid of getting soon knocked up. The two spanish women turn to me with a ‘What are we going to do now ?” look in their eyes. After having said to ourselves that this was a unique opportunity that couldn’t be missed, we decide to stay together, to see what happens and to leave if anything goes wrong : yes, we couldn’t leave like that without regretting it.

Andrei takes us next to a subdued lighted room with its huge “all you can eat” buffet (there is more than 15 pizzas, among other things !). He tells us to help ourselves while a cool DJ Ashba arrives, dragging on his electronic cigarette (yes, he has decided to quit smoking). Axl Roses comes a bit later, barefoot, with his dressing gown, a bottle of Champagne in his hand saying a loud “Champagne !”.

Here we are clinking glasses with Axl Rose and DJ Ashba. A little bit intimidated, we spend nearly two hours talking with DJ Ashba before Axl Roses suggests that we finish the evening in his tour-bus. Seeing us hesitating, he begins to tell us that sex, drugs and alcohol aren’t his thing anymore : he is now chaste, pure and goes to mass (how believable this is !). He says in a teasing way that he doesn’t want to kidnap us and have problems with the French police. We therefore accept and so we are six girls finishing the evening in Axl’s tour-bus with him and Andreï. We talk about tonight’s show and when Axl hears that “Live And Let Die” is my cell’s ringtone, he says to me : “Hey, that was Slash’s idea to make ring tones out of our songs. I wasn’t for it at the beginning, but I must admit he was right”. During the whole evening, Axl doesn’t stop telling us stories about Slash, about their childhood like when him and Slash had a new song and both jumped on his grandmother’s bed so happy, before being given a roasting. He goes on saying that it’s been very difficult to find an other guitarist after Slash, who was unique, and goes on praising DJ Ashba as a very nice human being. Clearly, Slash is still very much present in Axl’s life, even though he’s supposed not to be a part of it anymore…

He tells us his meeting with Tom Cruise, a great fan of the band : both him and Tom Cruise couldn’t meet for a long time because of their respective heavy workloads until one day, in Australia. Tom Cruise was so happy that, it has been said, he was jumping on every sofa he could find !

But Axl Rose seems nostalgic and regrets a lot of things : he tells us that he’s lost almost all his childhood friends because of his success and that their relationships changed when they started getting interested in him because of his relations.

He also deeply regrets the image that the press has made of him, making its profits of a megalomaniac, temperamental and erratic Axl, before making excuses to him, without doing it publicly. If Axl insists on the fact that he always tries to be direct and serious with the press, he’s unlike Zakk Wylde who can tease more without having a bad reputation in the press.

Likewise, says Axl, Slash is considered as an angel by many journalists but can be much less nice in private.

We are listening to Muse on the radio, “By The Sword” on Slash’s solo album is now on air. While Andreï stands up to switch to another station, Axl stops him and says “No, leave it. I love this song”.

It’s six a.m : it’s time to go home. After one – even two- big cuddles to Axl, we come out of the bus, still not realising what has just happened to us. Here we are, three girls in the middle of the festival area, completely deserted. After having walked a bit and enjoyed these last moments, we go back to the camping site to finish our night…”

Edit august 17, 2012 : On Twitter, Andrei Gillott refutes this story saying it’s “Complete Fabrication. Just someone hungry for some attention.” Let’s add that before putting this account online, we saw Andrei Gillott’s business card, the VIP pass given to our witness, guitar picks from all the band members that had been given to her too, not to mention the picture at the beginning of our article showing our witness and Axl Rose. Besides, we got in touch with two other girls who were at this party through Facebook to see if their side of the story was matching, and that was the case. For all of these reasons, we consider this account credible.

Andrei Said this was fake but in his twitter you can see the girls that saw this saying why is he lying about this.

sounds like BS to me, By the Sword just so happens to come on the radio? Axl also seems to be pretty forthcoming about his personal life and misgivings to total strangers. Something a bit strange for a recluse like Axl. If it were true, it would show just how obsessed Axl is with Slash. Almost like he misses him dearly. I find that hard to believe.