Let It Be vs. Abbey Road

Vincent Vega

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn't matter. The Beatles are superior to anything to ever exist ever.

However, Abbey Road is the better album, but Let It Be is great well, although I think I'd take Let It Be... Naked over it.

The order doesn't fucking matter, I'm only in my 20's, what the fuck do I care when they were released?

Null Vote

Fuck I love Abbey Road. I remember I bought the remaster in 2009 when I was on a 3 hour break at school. I decided to walk a long way away from school just to go to the mall and pick it up. It was glorious to listen to after such a huge walk haha.

Session-wise, the Get Back sessions were their most productive, there's something like 15 songs that they wound up using on the solo albums, about 1/4 of it's on Abbey Road, and prob. could've made a good album out of the cover songs, but Abbey Road is one of rock's best albums, and what should really be considered their swan song.

Let It Be and Long and Winding Road was kind of the funeral music for the breakup, I don't think Phil Spector did anything substantial to it, but when Paul bitches about Phil Spector producing what were his songs, it's understandable, but he exaggerated Spector's involvement. LIB Naked was more about putting the distance between The Beatles and Spector. To me, the strong songs on there are "I've Got a Feeling" and "Two of Us", and it's pretty much as they recorded it.

I like this version, live in the studio. I kind of wish they had put a version of Abbey Road out of Side 2 where they're all separate from each other.

Guest Len B'stard

The Beatles are superior to anything to ever exist ever.

:no: just your opinion.

Yeah, it is my opinion and I believe that. I understand people have different tastes but should I not post my opinion because someone might disagree? :confused:

No, you're actually just right about that one Dave, just flat out correct :)

Let It Be. I think it's more honest, for one. And Billy Preston added a lot to The Beatles' sound on that record. The songs have a much more early 70s, bluesy, "rawer" feel than Abbey Road. Abbey Road feels like a greatest hits collection in some ways. Like, it feels like a compilation of great songs rather than an actual cohesive album. It's a great album in it's own right but it wasn't as much honest...It was literally the band purposefully trying to go out on a high note. It's too bright and shiny in some ways especially given that the band was disintegrating. Whereas Let it Be was first a back to roots album--and in that way it succeeds--and it became more a sign of their breakup. It has a running theme and concept throughout, it feels more like a cohesive release. And the best songs on Let It Be outdo the best songs on Abbey Road. It's a better followup to the White Album.

What are you smoking?

I just feel Let It Be is a better, rawer, more honest record than Abbey Road.

From what I've read of the Abbey Road sessions they went into it with a positive mindset because they all kinda knew it'd be their last record together and thus wanted to go out on a high note...Whereas Let it Be was more a natural sort of thing, the result of both the band's initial desire to do a back to roots album and the result of just pure tension within the band. It's more organic in that sense, whereas with Abbey Road they went in with the sort of set "this will probably be our last album, let's go out on a positive note" thing. I just prefer the Let it Be material, though Let it Be...Naked is better in some respects. The music is simply more raw, more back to roots, less poppy on Let it Be.

Edited by Vincent Vega

I think The Long and Winding Road, Let it Be, Two of Us, One After 909, I've Got a Feeling, Don't Let Me Down, I Me Mine, Across the Universe and Let it Be are some of the best songs The Beatles ever recorded and they're all on "Let It Be...Naked." So I guess that more than the original Let It Be is my favorite Beatles album.

John Lennon's thoughts on Abbey Road pretty much sum it up...

"I liked the A side, but I never liked that sort of pop opera on the other side. I think it's just junk because it was just bits of songs thrown together."

I wouldn't go as far to say I think it is junk, but I don't get why people think a bunch of incomplete songs can be better than Let It Be. It's quite surprising to me really. To me, Let It Be (regular or naked) and the White Album are their two best....though, I will also say that to me, their "worst" is pretty much better than anything by anyone else.

"I liked the A side, but I never liked that sort of pop opera on the other side. I think it's just junk because it was just bits of songs thrown together."

I wouldn't go as far to say I think it is junk, but I don't get why people think a bunch of incomplete songs can be better than Let It Be. It's quite surprising to me really. To me, Let It Be (regular or naked) and the White Album are their two best....though, I will also say that to me, their "worst" is pretty much better than anything by anyone else.

Lennon was an annoying cunt sometimes that hated alot of The Beatles shit for no valid reason.

Lennon was an annoying cunt sometimes that hated alot of The Beatles shit for no valid reason.

Pretty much.

But I think his solo material (minus the Yoko shit) was better than the other Beatles'.