Axl at your wedding

Hi Marc,

I remember reading in your book that Axl played at your wedding. That's a surreal thought for someone like me that this occured :)

Can you remember and share many details about it - e.g Was Axl reluctant to do it, or happy? Were the people attending your wedding amazed by it?

I think you mentioned that he played a bit of November Rain and Estranged, and maybe some other tunes?

What did you do for your bachelor party and honeymoon?

As DownUnderScott wrote about the guests, did you have to tell some of the guests not to ask for autographs and stuff like that?

Did you have the wedding videotaped?

Women want the wedding to be all about them, was your wife worried she was going to be upstaged by GNR being there?

Hi Marc,

I remember reading in your book that Axl played at your wedding. That's a surreal thought for someone like me that this occured :)

Can you remember and share many details about it - e.g Was Axl reluctant to do it, or happy? Were the people attending your wedding amazed by it?

I think you mentioned that he played a bit of November Rain and Estranged, and maybe some other tunes?

The whole band was invited and I thought it would be cool if Axl Played Nov Rain while we walked down the Aisle. We ask Axl if he would do it and he was a bit shy about it I guess because is was just him with no band and it was a wedding so it had to be perfect but he said he would do it for us. Looking back it was a lot of presser on him to do it and be on time. We were also very proud to have him do it for us. The wedding was in March of 1989 a few years before the song was done but I thought it would be a great wedding song( I guess the band thought the same since in the video the song was about a wedding) I sort of directed it. I asked him to play the slow part while everyone walked down the Aisle and the fast part that at the end of the song after we broke the glass to end the ceremony. Did we take a gamble that Axl could be late? Axl has always been late as long as I have know him that just the way it is. Even for hair cuts or a doctor visit, but I knew he would be there for us, he was on time and even got stuck entertaining the guests while they were being seated playing bits of songs that came to mind. The only one who didn't show up was Izzy. There were a few people that were a bit star struck but it was not a big deal. Here is a photo but Duff and Steven were a bit late so the missed the shoot.

post-37284-0-02778300-1345532684_thumb.j

Hi Marc,

The whole band was invited and I thought it would be cool if Axl Played Nov Rain while we walked down the Aisle. We ask Axl if he would do it and he was a bit shy about it I guess because is was just him with no band and it was a wedding so it had to be perfect but he said he would do it for us. Looking back it was a lot of presser on him to do it and be on time. We were also very proud to have him do it for us. The wedding was in March of 1989 a few years before the song was done but I thought it would be a great wedding song( I guess the band thought the same since in the video the song was about a wedding) I sort of directed it. I asked him to play the slow part while everyone walked down the Aisle and the fast part that at the end of the song after we broke the glass to end the ceremony. Did we take a gamble that Axl could be late? Axl has always been late as long as I have know him that just the way it is. Even for hair cuts or a doctor visit, but I knew he would be there for us, he was on time and even got stuck entertaining the guests while they were being seated playing bits of songs that came to mind. The only one who didn't show up was Izzy. There were a few people that were a bit star struck but it was not a big deal. Here is a photo but Duff and Steven were a bit late so the missed the shoot.

Hey Marc did you get it on video what a magic wedding

Who are the other guys in the photo and do you still keep in touch with them? Curious to see the bridal party.

That was cool for the band to take time out to show up, and I'm glad Axl was good natured about entertaining the guests. Did he wind up singing anything?

Who are the other guys in the photo and do you still keep in touch with them? Curious to see the bridal party.

That was cool for the band to take time out to show up, and I'm glad Axl was good natured about entertaining the guests. Did he wind up singing anything?

No he didn't sing. He was not ask to sing. The other people were just close friends. One has passed away Ronnie Schneider Slash's old band mate from high school and a early GNR roadie. I think about him almost every day. He was the funniest person I knew. He had a bad heart. One other guy was in a bad motor cycle accident and is now a vegetable. BUt that was not really my bridal party. It was just a bunch of my best friends that were in the room when we took the photo. We just used family for the bridal party.

Hi Marc,

Hey Marc did you get it on video what a magic wedding

Yes we got it on video