I met DJ the other day

ZoSoRose

Now I know you idiots are going to turn this into a shit storm since its been cool to rip on DJ lately :tongue2: but I like him. I think he is a great fit in the band and really cares about the fans and giving us a good show. So naturally, I was psyched to meet another member of my favorite band

Ive been planning on going to this event in Pontiac, MI for the majority of the summer, the Motors and Music Experience with Stone Temple Pilots. Well, I happened to find out DJ would be at the same event signing autographs and meeting fans so I was pretty psyched. The day of the event everyone bailed on me but my gf and friend convinced me to drive the 2 hours from lansing and go alone. Im glad they did.

I got there at like 4 30 and was freaking out a bit since I read that DJ was only there till 5. When I arrived I noticed there were a lot less people and tents there than I anticipated. I saw some chicks leaving with signed pictures and they pointed out where he was to me. I found him in a little tent with a security guy and some other people surrounding him. If I didn't know he was going to be there, I would have missed him even if I was there already. No signs or anything. Anyways I walked in and he was really cool. We talked for a bit, he offered me some jagar and monster and I accepted a monster. He signed a copy of Chinese for me (I know he isnt on it but he has been a huge part promoting it and playing it live and Ron and Axl have signed it too), my ticket from the first GNR show Ive ever been to (Ron also signed this before), my tour book (thanks SLAA!), and signed a poster of him and the car hes promoting. After talking for a few minutes I decided to leave since he had other people there too. As I was leaving I asked, "new album soon?" and he laughed and just said, "working on it." lol

So he was really cool to meet and it was an awesome surprise to an event I was already planning on going to. STP kicked ass too.

I would post the pic I got with him but I dont know how... slightly pathetic :rofl-lol:

Where is this "tour book", anyway?

I ran into DJ at Vegas. I said, as I put my hand on his arm, "you do good work, DJ" and he said "thanks, man" with really thoughtful eyes. People give him too much crap for being who he is. He works really hard out there.

"Working on it"........when it doesn't interfere with his own self-promotion.

Ahh, I'm not going to burst your bubble. That's cool you got to hang out for a bit and he was so nice to you. :thumbsup:

its all good man. :rofl-lol:

we tend to over analyze everything here, i think he just said working on it cause what the hell can he say, "we havent started man!" lol

ah well it was a cool experience

and gagarin- the tour book was a piece of merchandise on the Euro tour, SLAA bought a bunch and shipped them to people that wanted them

Edited by ZoSoRose

my gf and friend convinced me to drive the 2 hours from lansing and go alone.

Sorry to hear that man, can't imagine how horrible it must feel to have your girlfriend cheat on you with your friend, but still you got to meet Ashba. Did he promote his swag?

Sorry to hear that man, can't imagine how horrible it must feel to have your girlfriend cheat on you with your friend, but still you got to meet Ashba. Did he promote his swag?

:rofl-lol: thanks, that made me crack up (my gf too)

she had to work that day and my friends in boston

:rofl-lol: thanks, that made me crack up (my gf too)

she had to work that day and my friends in boston

Lovely to hear you guys have a sense of humor :)

Glad to hear you got to meet him, nice of him to offer you some booze - what did you think of the car?

I would've asked if he was going to do some music for Dodge, and if he's going to use the car to tour around the country and park it in front of the venues.

Glad to hear STP was good & Scott had his shit together.

That is really great, especially getting to spend some time with him after such a rush to get there. Glad he was nice & friendly, he seems that way & I don't know why he cops so much negativity on here.

Hope someone helps you put the photo on, and congratulations. It's always a thrill to meet someone from a fave band. :thumbsup:

Guest Broskirose

DJ is cool.

Yeah, a guy who slams doors in old lady's faces, beats up his fans, wears eyeliner, and acts like a fucking tool is cool. :rolleyes:

Apart from Ron, dj Is probably the best in being cool with the fans and giving them his time , he does get too much shit, and for the most part, it's unwarranted

I like dj also. On related news on that metal show last week one of the guys said he is on the same level as zack wylde. Not sayimg I agree with that, just relaying what they said. They were talk about tracii gunns and his old band mates said he isnt on the same level as zack and dj.

Edited by Mike420

I like dj also. On related news on that metal show last week one of the guys said he is on the same level as zack wylde. Not sayimg I agree with that, just relaying what they said. They were talk about tracii gunns and his old band mates said he isnt on the same level as zack and dj.

Tracii Guns and Zakk Wylde will outplay Ashba with one hand tied behind their backs

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

That is so cool. Glad to hear you had a nice experience.

Guy is a class act. Nice and very humble. Glad you got the chance to hang with him for a bit.

I agree.

I can't understand why people are negative about him. I guess they are just jealous, sad people. ?

Agreed! He's nice. They all are to be honest (to our faces at least :P ).

It's just cool to hate DJ on here but the level of hate is unnecessary.

DJ is cool.

wears eyeliner

'Cause Finck never wore any makeup right? Especially not eyeliner.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ashbas guitar playing, but he is without a doubt a very talented musician. And at least he is communicating with the fans, giving us updates etc.

He also seems like a very nice person. I'd be happy if I met him as well :)