It really sucks that Axl won't reunite the real GNR to play these Vegas shows.

BBA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imagine how great it would be to see the real GNR play in such a small, intimate setting. i'd attend at least 3 shows ... maybe more if axl's voice didn't completely suck.

Nah, it wouldn't be great at all. Slash would just make a pathetic mess of himself trying to play Shackler's or There Was A Time.

:jerkoff:

They wouldn't play those songs. And no one would miss them.

If they were just going to play old GN'R songs to please fans who weren't around in the 80s and to earn money despite not liking each other, then I would rather they didn't reunite. If I want nostalgia I go to YouTube to experience the real thing, I don't want to see old rockers try to remember what made them the most dangerous band in the world. That would be a sad, pathetic sight.

imagine how great it would be to see the real GNR play in such a small, intimate setting. i'd attend at least 3 shows ... maybe more if axl's voice didn't completely suck.

Nah, it wouldn't be great at all. Slash would just make a pathetic mess of himself trying to play Shackler's or There Was A Time.

If they were just going to play old GN'R songs to please fans who weren't around in the 80s and to earn money despite not liking each other, then I would rather they didn't reunite. If I want nostalgia I go to YouTube to experience the real thing, I don't want to see old rockers try to remember what made them the most dangerous band in the world. That would be a sad, pathetic sight.

Better than what we have now, especially with the future looking pretty bleak. Seriously, unless Axl's got a big surprise for us, there's really nothing that points to a new nu album in the foreseeable future, and Axl's not getting any younger.

I rather see the band that actually created the music, the legacy, and the history an overwhelming majority of people are paying to see, instead of the (essentially) nostalgic cover band Axl's with nowadays, seeing as how this might be all we'll ever see from them anyways. I was only three when the UYI tour ended, and would love the chance to see the real deal perform live in person.

Better than what we have now, especially with the future looking pretty bleak. Seriously, unless Axl's got a big surprise for us, there's really nothing that points to a new nu album in the foreseeable future, and Axl's not getting any younger.

I rather see the band that actually created the music, the legacy, and the history an overwhelming majority of people are paying to see, instead of the (essentially) nostalgic cover band Axl's with nowadays, seeing as how this might be all we'll ever see from them anyways. I was only three when the UYI tour ended, and would love the chance to see the real deal perform live in person.

That kinda sucks for you then, huh? Seeing as how that reunion is never going to happen. Knowing that fact and knowing how you feel about Guns makes a person wonder why you bother with it at all anymore. I mean, every day has to suck when you come here for a constant reminder that your dreams will never come true. Ever.

What we have now is MUCH better because not only do they play the classics better than the old lineup could (at least consistently), they also play more recent songs and hopefully in the future, new songs.

Nothing that points to a new album? What about:

- The existence of multiple songs in various stages of completion.

- Axl's expressed desire to release more music.

- The band and management confirming they are working on a new album.

Axl is not getting much younger regardless of who he plays with. At least when playing when the current lineup the average age is less than if he were to reunite to the AFD or UYI lineup...if age really is a concern to you....

I appreciate your desire to see that band, I am just sorry to tell you that they don't exist anymore. They are not what they were. What made GN'R shows amazing back in the classic period was the fantastic mix of these volatile and unpredictable persona and hungry persona. It just wouldn't be the same now when they are all old and tamed and complacent. You might as well go to youtube, which I do occasionally. I know it is a bitch that we can't travel in time, but what can I say? It is what it is. Everything must come to an end and classic guns did just that back in the 90s. We might as well enjoy the current lineup doing more than decent versions of the classic songs as well as doing great versions of the new songs. And I will be the first to admit that it is not as good, but I am also the first to accept reality.

That kinda sucks for you then, huh? Seeing as how that reunion is never going to happen. Knowing that fact and knowing how you feel about Guns makes a person wonder why you bother with it at all anymore. I mean, every day has to suck when you come here for a constant reminder that your dreams will never come true. Ever.

I don't expect it to, nor did I ever say I did. I'm just specifically stating where my preference lies, as it's never been a big secret to begin with.

As to why I come here, I've stated that already quite a few times. Look around if you're still curious.

I don't expect it to, nor did I ever say I did. I'm just specifically stating where my preference lies, as it's never been a big secret to begin with.

As to why I come here, I've stated that already quite a few times. Look around if you're still curious.

I'm not curious. I know you're here to talk shit about Guns N' Roses and bitch about the fact that you'll never get what you want. No advanced physics degree required to figure that one out. The question is why put yourself through that when the reality of the situation obviously brings you so much unhappiness. Everyone deserves to be as happy as possible. Even you.

What we have now is MUCH better because not only do they play the classics better than the old lineup could (at least consistently), they also play more recent songs and hopefully in the future, new songs.

Nothing that points to a new album? What about:

- The existence of multiple songs in various stages of completion.

- Axl's expressed desire to release more music.

- The band and management confirming they are working on a new album.

Axl is not getting much younger regardless of who he plays with. At least when playing when the current lineup the average age is less than if he were to reunite to the AFD or UYI lineup...if age really is a concern to you....

I appreciate your desire to see that band, I am just sorry to tell you that they don't exist anymore. They are not what they were. What made GN'R shows amazing back in the classic period was the fantastic mix of these volatile and unpredictable persona and hungry persona. It just wouldn't be the same now when they are all old and tamed and complacent. You might as well go to youtube, which I do occasionally. I know it is a bitch that we can't travel in time, but what can I say? It is what it is. Everything must come to an end and classic guns did just that back in the 90s. We might as well enjoy the current lineup doing more than decent versions of the classic songs as well as doing great versions of the new songs. And I will be the first to admit that it is not as good, but I am also the first to accept reality.

Yeah, yeah, yeah; talk, talk, talk. Actions speak louder than words, and based on their actions, I just don't see it. They've been claiming since the Fall tour a new album was the main priority, yet, you get the same song and dance from the sock puppets everytime. "We're writing songs around the clock". Sure some have claimed they're actually recording, but to what degree even if true is unknown, especially since it doesn't seem like Axl's been in the studio since CD came out, and the "band" as a whole sure as shit hasn't. Last we heard, some of them are writing together. Whoopie! :rolleyes: . Me personally? I think it's just mumbo jumbo to keep interest in the nu lineup. Unless I hear something from the head honcho himself aside from a vague comment about liking to get another album out at some point, it's just one big fuckin' yawn fest that seems to be at a total standstill. Because based on the press release on these Vegas gigs, as well as the actual title of the tour itself, it's more than likely just more of the same.

As I just said to damn_smooth, I'm not under some false impression there's ever gonna be a reunion, I'm just stating my preference. Maybe use the Vegas shit to say their goodbyes, and just finally put the GNR name out of it's misery without further dragging it through the mud. I don't care if Ron and co can play the songs backwards, a cover's still a covers, and I personally rather see the creators behind the music playing their own work. Besides, in recent years, all the real deal members seem to play their parts MUCH more tight and precise than they did when they were royally fucked up all the time. And, again, they CREATED the parts they'd be playing for Christ's sakes.

I'm not curious. I know you're here to talk shit about Guns N' Roses and bitch about the fact that you'll never get what you want. No advanced physics degree required to figure that one out. The question is why put yourself through that when the reality of the situation obviously brings you so much unhappiness. Everyone deserves to be as happy as possible. Even you.

No, you're wrong.

The reason I personally come here is because Axl, even though I disagree with a WHOLE lot of what he's doing, is still one of my favorite all time singers. GNR is not a big thing among my regular friends, so I finally found a place where people are as interested (one way or the other) in them as I am. I like to keep track of what's become of my favorite band and singer, and add my two cents to it. And if you don't like it, oh well. I'll give the man praise when he earns it, and won't pretend otherwise when he doesn't. It's just a shame what he's doing, and how he's holding back. Not just because he won't do a reunion, but because of all the things he's currently doing that makes him come off as a joke. I never said he had to reach the top of the world again, but he could at least do something to move the nu band forward like he went on and on about for years instead of just stopping dead in his tracks. I think he deserves better, but again, he's digging his own grave.

He's really given the fans' much more reason to criticize than praise. A few months ago, there was a poll about fans' current satisfaction levels, on this fansite where the hardest of the hardcores reside mind you, and (although I can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head) it was like 140 something were at 5 and below, while only 100 or so were 6 and above, with one (the lowest) having the most votes compared to any other number. What does that tell you about what Axl's doing? Has shit really changed for the better since? Is it really just us being too hard on the guy, or does he really just bring it on himself? All signs I see point to the latter...

Edited by Bobbo

No, you're wrong.

The reason I personally come here is because Axl, even though I disagree with a WHOLE lot of what he's doing, is still one of my favorite all time singers. GNR is not a big thing among my regular friends, so I finally found a place where people are as interested (one way or the other) in them as I am. I like to keep track of what's become of my favorite band and singer, and add my two cents to it. And if you don't like it, oh well. I'll give the man praise when he earns it, and won't pretend otherwise when he doesn't. It's just a shame what he's doing, and how he's holding back. Not just because he won't do a reunion, but because of all the things he's currently doing that makes him come off as a joke. I never said he had to reach the top of the world again, but he could at least do something to move the nu band forward like he went on and on about for years instead of just stopping dead in his tracks. I think he deserves better, but again, he's digging his own grave.

He's really given the fans' much more reason to criticize than praise. A few months ago, there was a poll about fans' current satisfaction levels, on this fansite where the hardest of the hardcores reside mind you, and (although I can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head) it was like 140 something were at 5 and below, while only 100 or so were 6 and above, with one (the lowest) having the most votes compared to any other number. What does that tell you about what Axl's doing? Has shit really changed for the better since? Is it really just us being too hard on the guy, or does he really just bring it on himself? All signs I see point to the latter...

Of course. He brought everything on himself. He doesn't seem regret any of it though, so why does it matter? Fuck man, I'm just here for the laughs. I honestly can't say I give a shit what goes on with the band anymore. You don't seem to be seeing the humor in the situation, and come off about as bitter as Axl himself. That just doesn't seem too fun to me.

No, you're wrong.

Of course. He brought everything on himself. He doesn't seem regret any of it though, so why does it matter? Fuck man, I'm just here for the laughs. I honestly can't say I give a shit what goes on with the band anymore. You don't seem to be seeing the humor in the situation, and come off about as bitter as Axl himself. That just doesn't seem too fun to me.

No resentment here buddy. Disappointment? Yup. And I'm just explaining where it stems from. But no wishes of ill will or anything of the sort.

I'm here for more of the shits and giggles side of things as well. And to just :popcorn: at whatever comes along with people who are as into it as I am.

Yeah, yeah, yeah; talk, talk, talk. Actions speak louder than words, and based on their actions, I just don't see it. They've been claiming since the Fall tour a new album was the main priority, yet, you get the same song and dance from the sock puppets everytime. "We're writing songs around the clock". Sure some have claimed they're actually recording, but to what degree even if true is unknown, especially since it doesn't seem like Axl's been in the studio since CD came out, and the "band" as a whole sure as shit hasn't. Last we heard, some of them are writing together. Whoopie! :rolleyes: . Me personally? I think it's just mumbo jumbo to keep interest in the nu lineup. Unless I hear something from the head honcho himself aside from a vague comment about liking to get another album out at some point, it's just one big fuckin' yawn fest that seems to be at a total standstill. Because based on the press release on these Vegas gigs, as well as the actual title of the tour itself, it's more than likely just more of the same.

Right now it is more of the same, but I see no reason to not assume we will get a new album in some years. You claimed there was nothing pointing towards a new record, the fact is that there are things pointing to a new record, you have just chosen to not believe in them. It's like you choose misery before optimism. Poor you.

As I just said to damn_smooth, I'm not under some false impression there's ever gonna be a reunion, I'm just stating my preference. Maybe use the Vegas shit to say their goodbyes, and just finally put the GNR name out of it's misery without further dragging it through the mud.

Just because GN'R isn't as exciting as they were back in the 80s doesn't mean the name is dragged through mud. They are still delivering awesome shows and released a record 4 years ago with some great songs. Don't hate on the current band just because you were too young to experience "the real thing" or just because you have troubles accepting the fact that your desire to experience the classic band will never be fullfilled.

I don't care if Ron and co can play the songs backwards, a cover's still a covers,

Even if the AFD lineup reunited and started playing AFD songs if would still in a way be covers, because they would be playing songs written by a bunch of young, hungry, passionate, reckless, dangerous, wild kids from the streets with lots of chemistry and brotherhood while they themselves would be bloated, complacent, tamed, rich middle aged men just doing it for the bucks while despising each other. You see? It can't come back. And if you were listening to those guys going through the motions playing those old songs just for a massive payoff, and honestly believed you were experiencing the real deal, then you are very delusional indeed.

and I personally rather see the creators behind the music playing their own work. Besides, in recent years, all the real deal members seem to play their parts MUCH more tight and precise than they did when they were royally fucked up all the time. And, again, they CREATED the parts they'd be playing for Christ's sakes.

Their younger versions of themselves created those songs. Let it go, dude. You might as well whine about The Beatles not resurrecting to play for you, the AFD lineup is as dead and has been since the late 80s.

No, you're wrong.

No resentment here buddy. Disappointment? Yup. And I'm just explaining where it stems from. But no wishes of ill will or anything of the sort.

I'm here for more of the shits and giggles side of things as well. And to just :popcorn: at whatever comes along with people who are as into it as I am.

Good deal. As long as you're not taking it too seriously. No sense getting worked up over something you have no control over. Just sit back and enjoy the stupidity. It's not something you get to see every day. :lol:

Right now it is more of the same, but I see no reason to not assume we will get a new album in some years. You claimed there was nothing pointing towards a new record, the fact is that there are things pointing to a new record, you have just chosen to not believe in them. It's like you choose misery before optimism. Poor you.

Well nothing really substantial anyways, as I always say, actions speak louder than words. And fact is, there are some legit reasons I expressed in great detail as to why I feel that way. You've chosen to ignore that and put endless amounts of faith into the claims. Lucky you. Let me know how that works out for you, :thumbsup: .

Just because GN'R isn't as exciting as they were back in the 80s doesn't mean the name is dragged through mud. They are still delivering awesome shows and released a record 4 years ago with some great songs. Don't hate on the current band just because you were too young to experience "the real thing" or just because you have troubles accepting the fact that your desire to experience the classic band will never be fullfilled.

The name is getting dragged through the mud through a bunch of failure to launches and dragging feet. Are you not paying attention? Has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with me preferring to hear the real deal playing the hits for the sake of nostalgia instead of a cover band playing the hits for the sake of nostalgia. I'm just calling a spade, a spade.

Even if the AFD lineup reunited and started playing AFD songs if would still in a way be covers, because they would be playing songs written by a bunch of young, hungry, passionate, reckless, dangerous, wild kids from the streets with lots of chemistry and brotherhood while they themselves would be bloated, complacent, tamed, rich middle aged men just doing it for the bucks while despising each other. You see? It can't come back. And if you were listening to those guys going through the motions playing those old songs just for a massive payoff, and honestly believed you were experiencing the real deal, then you are very delusional indeed.

Bobbo, on 21 August 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

and I personally rather see the creators behind the music playing their own work. Besides, in recent years, all the real deal members seem to play their parts MUCH more tight and precise than they did when they were royally fucked up all the time. And, again, they CREATED the parts they'd be playing for Christ's sakes.

Their younger versions of themselves created those songs. Let it go, dude. You might as well whine about The Beatles not resurrecting to play for you, the AFD lineup is as dead and has been since the late 80s.

And it'd still be better than having a bunch of people that had nothing to do with those songs milking them for all their worth. The circumstances among the real deal may be different compared to how they were back then, but they are still the real deal. They have a emotional connection to these songs, as is the beauty of the relationship between an artist and their work of art. It can never be severed. Again, I'm well aware the real deal is dead, and will never reunite, this is all about preference, and hypothetically what I'd rather happen.

The name is getting dragged through the mud through a bunch of failure to launches and dragging feet. Are you not paying attention? Has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with me preferring to hear the real deal playing the hits for the sake of nostalgia instead of a cover band playing the hits for the sake of nostalgia. I'm just calling a spade, a spade.

So because it took time to release CD and because the promotion was non-existent, the GN'R name has been dragged through the mud? I put more emphasis on the quality of released albums and the quality of live shows (the ONLY reason I am a fan of GN'R) when judging a band, and those two have been very good. It's not like GN'R hasn't always been a dysfunctional band prone to constant fuck ups. It's been that way since the beginning.

And it'd still be better than having a bunch of people that had nothing to do with those songs milking them for all their worth.

Eh, only a reunion with the AFD lineup could "milk those songs for all they're worth".

The circumstances among the real deal may be different compared to how they were back then, but they are still the real deal.

Nothing is the real deal anymore ;). Trust me, a gig with those five guys would not at all be the same as what went down in the 1980s. And if you really believe that you have no idea of what made GN'R great in their heyday: the passions, the danger, the wildness, the unpredictability, the sleaziness...It's all gone, dude. The quicker you realize this the quicker you can move on...

We might as well settle for an approximation that enjoys playing together and at least seem motivated for releasing new music together, than a bloated, boring, dull version of what used to be. Seeing those 5 guys on stage together would just be sad if you had actually experienced the real deal ;).

They have a emotional connection to these songs, as is the beauty of the relationship between an artist and their work of art. It can never be severed. Again, I'm well aware the real deal is dead, and will never reunite, this is all about preference, and hypothetically what I'd rather happen.

It can most definitely be severed when the artist has outgrown the songs and can't anymore relate to the circumstances that made him write those words, write that solo, etc. Axl himself is saying that he struggled with having to play some of the old songs again. Relationships die, even with your own art. The link has been severed. They would just do it for the money, not because they meant those words, not because their complete bodies were enfused with those songs' passion. Not because they lived those words on the streets everyday. It would just be old guys covering the 25 year younger versions of themselves. And it would look fake. Casual fans would probably love it, though. I prefer to see other guys play those songs, guys were no severed ties exist, and guys that are about the future, not the past.

Then you have a reason to go outside and see the sun light once again.

Im pretty sure that Axl is aware of you for your many years of trollin in this and other boards. But it seems that you wont get a reaction from him. Dont be sad, there are plenty things to do besides this shit, you should talk to your psychiatrist more often.