It really sucks that Axl won't reunite the real GNR to play these Vegas shows.

BBA

imagine how great it would be to see the real GNR play in such a small, intimate setting. i'd attend at least 3 shows ... maybe more if axl's voice didn't completely suck.

Then you have a reason to go outside and see the sun light once again.

Im pretty sure that Axl is aware of you for your many years of trollin in this and other boards. But it seems that you wont get a reaction from him. Dont be sad, there are plenty things to do besides this shit, you should talk to your psychiatrist more often.

my psychiatrist thinks the current "band" is lame too.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'd rather see the old band perform with a hologram axl.

what you need is a time machine to go back to the 80's.

the hologram technology's real though. imagine it... axl would show up on time, perform his whole set and sing in tune. it'd be pretty awesome.

Time machine would be pretty fun, but we'd fuck up the course of history somehow.

Hologram would be good if they wanted to bring rock albums to life. I'd like to see a Pink Floyd album done that way if the guys are too old to do it themselves. I'm thinking along the lines of never performed live songs and albums. There's hardly any Gram Parsons footage, so trying to put that together would be interesting on the limited footage they have. It's enough to make it happen. Or Robert Johnson, it would be interesting if they found a way to have someone figure out out, because there's no moving footage of him.

All they have to do is wire up and play their instruments, or take old footage and have the design team create it, but there would have to be a way to manipulate it so every show was a little different.

I'm sure Queen will be on that list, The Beatles, real iffy as long as Yoko's around. She might have holo-Lennon at the Imagine center in Iceland. Michael Jackson - def. likely in the next 8 years.

imagine how great it would be to see the real GNR play in such a small, intimate setting. i'd attend at least 3 shows ... maybe more if axl's voice didn't completely suck.

Im pretty sure that Axl is aware of you for your many years of trollin in this and other boards. But it seems that you wont get a reaction from him. Dont be sad, there are plenty things to do besides this shit, you should talk to your psychiatrist more often.

mmm, change the psychiatrist.

He would never find another one who knows who Fortus is.

He would never find another one who knows who Fortus is.

Maybe he would, if he finds a psychiatrist that likes Nsync or Enrique Iglesias. :rolleyes:

The name is getting dragged through the mud through a bunch of failure to launches and dragging feet. Are you not paying attention? Has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with me preferring to hear the real deal playing the hits for the sake of nostalgia instead of a cover band playing the hits for the sake of nostalgia. I'm just calling a spade, a spade.

So because it took time to release CD and because the promotion was non-existent, the GN'R name has been dragged through the mud? I put more emphasis on the quality of released albums and the quality of live shows (the ONLY reason I am a fan of GN'R) when judging a band, and those two have been very good. It's not like GN'R hasn't always been a dysfunctional band prone to constant fuck ups. It's been that way since the beginning.

And it'd still be better than having a bunch of people that had nothing to do with those songs milking them for all their worth.

Eh, only a reunion with the AFD lineup could "milk those songs for all they're worth".

The circumstances among the real deal may be different compared to how they were back then, but they are still the real deal.

Nothing is the real deal anymore ;). Trust me, a gig with those five guys would not at all be the same as what went down in the 1980s. And if you really believe that you have no idea of what made GN'R great in their heyday: the passions, the danger, the wildness, the unpredictability, the sleaziness...It's all gone, dude. The quicker you realize this the quicker you can move on...

We might as well settle for an approximation that enjoys playing together and at least seem motivated for releasing new music together, than a bloated, boring, dull version of what used to be. Seeing those 5 guys on stage together would just be sad if you had actually experienced the real deal ;).

They have a emotional connection to these songs, as is the beauty of the relationship between an artist and their work of art. It can never be severed. Again, I'm well aware the real deal is dead, and will never reunite, this is all about preference, and hypothetically what I'd rather happen.

It can most definitely be severed when the artist has outgrown the songs and can't anymore relate to the circumstances that made him write those words, write that solo, etc. Axl himself is saying that he struggled with having to play some of the old songs again. Relationships die, even with your own art. The link has been severed. They would just do it for the money, not because they meant those words, not because their complete bodies were enfused with those songs' passion. Not because they lived those words on the streets everyday. It would just be old guys covering the 25 year younger versions of themselves. And it would look fake. Casual fans would probably love it, though. I prefer to see other guys play those songs, guys were no severed ties exist, and guys that are about the future, not the past.

It didn't just "take time". It was a monumental fuck up. From the VMAs, to the 2002 tour fuck up, to the 4 years of silence, to the next failure to launch in 2006, and everything in between, it was a disaster that never fully connected to an audience past the nostalgia aspect. It would've been better had Axl called it what it was, instead of disguising it under an already successful and established outfit, tarnishing it in the process.

I also don't agree with the notion that CD had non existent promotion. Bullshit cop out. It was promoted very well by outside sources once the release was set in stone; radio stations, magazine articles, musical websites, late night talk shows and entertainment tv shows talked about it, tv commercials, Dr. Pepper promotion, was reviewed by every major musical publication under the sun, and of course the 14 years of mystique already behind it. Now, do I think Axl getting on the cover of Rolling Stone and giving an interview would've changed things ever so slightly? Yup. But nothing major in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know how many ways I can say that not only do I not expect a reunion to happen, but I wouldn't expect it to be the same ordeal as it was in the glory days. Have I really not made that clear enough already? I actually agree with you to a VERY certain extent.

But band that actually made the songs playing them for nostalgia>cover band playing songs for nostalgia. The nu guys have no severed ties because they had no ties to begin with. They never had, or will have any emotional attachment to these songs. Most of the old guys still do have an appreciation, love, and bond with these songs as seen at the rock and roll hof, and nobody despises anybody except Axl, who despises only Slash (and maybe Adler nowadays). Aside from that, everybody else gets along with each other, and still play with one another here and there. Are they the same people they were 25 years ago? Of course not! But some members have proven time and time again they sure as hell remember where they came from :thumbsup: .

And the bit about the nu band being about the future, and not the past is perhaps the most outright hilarious and mindboggling thing I have read on this forum yet. Again, because I can't say it enough apparently, actions speak louder than words, and their actions speak standing still in nostalgia, not moving forward with the future. Hold on to that thought though guy, :jerkoff: .

:rofl-lol:

The real (read: current) lineup of Guns N' Roses IS playing these shows.

In a few years if the cash flow begins to deteriorate because there are no more new albums and the current band begins to breakdown because members are frustrated with the lack of new material… Perhaps, a very cynical perhaps, money will change minds and a reunion will occur with a world tour. Doubtful, but that’s the only way a reunion will occur from this point forward in my view.

In a few years if the cash flow begins to deteriorate because there are no more new albums and the current band begins to breakdown because members are frustrated with the lack of new material… Perhaps, a very cynical perhaps, money will change minds and a reunion will occur with a world tour. Doubtful, but that’s the only way a reunion will occur from this point forward in my view.

lack of new material? there's no new material comin' in 2012. duh

As much as I'm sick of BBA, I did have a legitimate laugh at this.

i think i'd rather see the old band perform with a hologram axl.

what you need is a time machine to go back to the 80's.

the hologram technology's real though. imagine it... axl would show up on time, perform his whole set and sing in tune. it'd be pretty awesome.

Actually it wouldn't. It would be ridiculous, like any other hologram. Get a life.

The real (read: original, best, true, legendary, most dangerous band in the world) lineup of Guns N' Roses IS NOT playing these shows.

The real (read: original, best, true, legendary, most dangerous band in the world) lineup of Guns N' Roses IS NOT playing these shows.

INB4 Rob, Ole and Tracii :coolface:

INB4 Rob, Ole and Tracii :coolface:

Tsk, stk. No one would bash pi2loc for considering the original lineup to be the best lineup. That's his valid opinion.

God, things around here are miserable.

Maybe a new song could turn things around.

For some it would breathe more life into the forum, the band, but then again most of the new band haters did not like CD so where does that leave us?

God, things around here are miserable.

Maybe a new song could turn things around.

For some it would breathe more life into the forum, the band, but then again most of the new band haters did not like CD so where does that leave us?

Instead of everyone unhappy, only some of us would be unhappy.

Well, in 2006 when you had the leaks and the tour the mood was overwhelmingly positive, despite the absence of a reunion. It's possible for there to be happiness around here in the event of scenarios other than a reunion so long as there's something to get behind but this might just be the least promising dry spell we've ever been in as a community... we've no (even mythical) album to speculate about, nothing to look forward to until November and even then it's a pretty limited number of people that the residency is going to affect. We have no concrete evidence of any new music on the way...

It's gotten to the stage where just mentioning the word "Band" has about 50 "lol it's not a band" fuckers jumping on your back, or the usual brigade who lack objectivity claiming that everything is fabulous and proceeding according to plan. I fit into neither camp, I like the current line-up, it is Guns N Roses but things are not perfect at the moment, they're far from it... and all there seems to be to do for people in this position is sit and watch the idiots on both sides of the fence squabble over scraps of nothing.