It really sucks that Axl won't reunite the real GNR to play these Vegas shows.

BBA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imagine how great it would be to see the real GNR play in such a small, intimate setting. i'd attend at least 3 shows ... maybe more if axl's voice didn't completely suck.

The real (read: current) lineup of Guns N' Roses IS playing these shows.

The real (read: original, best, true, legendary, most dangerous band in the world) lineup of Guns N' Roses IS NOT playing these shows.

INB4 Rob, Ole and Tracii :coolface:

Those three didn't do shit for the band. :thumbsup:

imagine how great it would be to see the real GNR play in such a small, intimate setting. i'd attend at least 3 shows ... maybe more if axl's voice didn't completely suck.

Only thing that sucks around here is you and your toxic topics.

Nah, it wouldn't be great at all. Slash would just make a pathetic mess of himself trying to play Shackler's or There Was A Time.

:jerkoff:

They wouldn't play those songs. And no one would miss them.

If they were just going to play old GN'R songs to please fans who weren't around in the 80s and to earn money despite not liking each other, then I would rather they didn't reunite. If I want nostalgia I go to YouTube to experience the real thing, I don't want to see old rockers try to remember what made them the most dangerous band in the world. That would be a sad, pathetic sight.

Better than what we have now, especially with the future looking pretty bleak. Seriously, unless Axl's got a big surprise for us, there's really nothing that points to a new nu album in the foreseeable future, and Axl's not getting any younger.

I rather see the band that actually created the music, the legacy, and the history an overwhelming majority of people are paying to see, instead of the (essentially) nostalgic cover band Axl's with nowadays, seeing as how this might be all we'll ever see from them anyways. I was only three when the UYI tour ended, and would love the chance to see the real deal perform live in person.

That kinda sucks for you then, huh? Seeing as how that reunion is never going to happen. Knowing that fact and knowing how you feel about Guns makes a person wonder why you bother with it at all anymore. I mean, every day has to suck when you come here for a constant reminder that your dreams will never come true. Ever.

BBA is one step from being a psychopathic stalker

these vegas shows are going to suck really hard

haha

Why do you think so?

The excess amount of chlorine in his gene pool. The fact that his Mommy and Daddy were cousins, etc.

maybe it's just that coverbands aren't his thing.

haha

Why do you think so?

The excess amount of chlorine in his gene pool. The fact that his Mommy and Daddy were cousins, etc.

Just like intelligence or leaving when you're not wanted isn't your thing.

haha

Why do you think so?

HA!!! and he is one banjo and a cleft palate from being in "deliverance"

haha

Why do you think so?

What has that got to do with anything?

Even if he feels that the number of AC/DC songs and other bands' songs overshadow the amount of GN'R songs on the shows, he won't be there and therefore the shows won't suck to him. And according to the reviews from the European tour and the UCAP tour, the shows most definitely doesn't suck to the huge majority of attendees. Or is he really one of those creeps that go around feeling that shows he has no intention of attending suck really hard?

Edited by SoulMonster

How the hell have the Vegas shows not sold out

Cuz no one gives a crap about "new" Guns n roses anymore and they surely dont wanna spend $100 to see them

Wrong! People do give a fuck about "new" Gn'R if they manage to play the "old" GnR 'greatest hits' on stage. :)

Cuz no one gives a crap about "new" Guns n roses anymore and they surely dont wanna spend $100 to see them

I wouldn't say that, although I do think it's pricey and 12 shows is pretty ambitious.

It's going to be a challenge, that's for sure.

"new"fags

This isn't 4chan. Go away.

Tell that to everyone who attended the latest European tour...

Besides, you can get tickets for $75.

yea well, Europe has this obsession with these American acts

New GNR has worn out their welcome in the US

in 2002 it was good because it was the first time Axl was going to be touring in 10 years, and he really is the main guy in GNR

in 2006 it was ok because they were going to be touring again and people love GNR

2010-2011- ok first tour again in 4 years, however the sales in most cities were horrible

2012 and beyond- people dont care anymore, Axl got alot of bad press for not showing up to the HOF and that left a bad taste in peoples mouths(including mine) anyone who wanted to see Axl and the guys doing GNR songs probably saw them in 2011 and do not really have a desire to see them again, at least anytime soon, even if they tour the US in 2015 it will seem old and stale

in 2002 it was good because it was the first time Axl was going to be touring in 10 years, and he really is the main guy in GNR

in 2006 it was ok because they were going to be touring again and people love GNR

2010-2011- ok first tour again in 4 years, however the sales in most cities were horrible

2012 and beyond- people dont care anymore, Axl got alot of bad press for not showing up to the HOF and that left a bad taste in peoples mouths(including mine) anyone who wanted to see Axl and the guys doing GNR songs probably saw them in 2011 and do not really have a desire to see them again, at least anytime soon, even if they tour the US in 2015 it will seem old and stale

I guess the masses have elected you to speak for them?

What cities had horrible sales? I saw shows in Wilkes Barre, east Rutherford, Camden, and Atlantic City. All were at least 85% full if not sold out. Do you have facts to base any of your statements on? Did you attend a show? Do you realize how insignificant your opinion is in the grand scheme of things?

Dude, if these tours weren't successful, newsflash...they wouldn't do them.

I have a desire to see them again. So do the friends I brought with me to shows. So you're clearly incorrect. Are you saying we're the only ten people who feel that way? Give me a break. Get a hobby.

Edited by JAxlMorrison

Ah, so when you said that "no one gives a crap" about the, you were under the delusion that everybody is from the US.

In either case, you believe that the current lineup has worn out its welcome in USA. Weird, because GN'R obviously believes 12 dates in Vegas is financially viable, which must mean they expect some return from the gigs. I guess whoever makes the financial decisions in GN'R just hasn't got your knowledge and skills, then?

Wrong ... you are mixing concepts. There are no "new" GN'R ... there are only GN'R.

Then, there are the "new"fags ... some John Doe's who spend their lives bashing GN'R.

True. new Gn'R included Brain, Bucket and Finck and they're long gone. Since 2009, we only have the cover band. :thumbsup:

I guess the masses have elected you to speak for them?

What cities had horrible sales? I saw shows in Wilkes Barre, east Rutherford, Camden, and Atlantic City. All were at least 85% full if not sold out. Do you have facts to base any of your statements on? Did you attend a show? Do you realize how insignificant your opinion is in the grand scheme of things?

Dude, if these tours weren't successful, newsflash...they wouldn't do them.

I have a desire to see them again. So do the friends I brought with me to shows. So you're clearly incorrect. Are you saying we're the only ten people who feel that way? Give me a break. Get a hobby.

none of the shows sold out, I can assure you this

east rutherford was probably the best of the attendances but that is cuz it was the only NYC area show and I am pretty sure it was right before the thanksgiving break

and yes I saw the show in Chicago, decent crowd but not a sell out, I am pretty sure there was some groupon that was selling tickets for like 60% off that helped fill up alot of the upper level seats

and whatever, I made my point, no way does this band do "arenas" again, if they want to play clubs and theaters that have 2-4,000 capacity they might be able to fill them if they dont charge $100 a ticket like they did on the UCAP tour, but if you think this band can play arenas again you are insane, like I said I know for a FACT most shows sold like crap, I am more or less a ticket broker and was monitoring pretty much every show, in many places they did not even sell upper level seats

maybe you and your friends might see them, and other die hards who are not pissed off at Axl for not showing up at the HOF, but for the average fan they probably dont care anymore