Slash & Axl will Reunite in 2013

Frozen Inferno

Are you trying to say that the threat of the end of the world in Dec of 2012 will make $la$h realize his LYING ways?

Remember, these important facts:

1. Axl didn't reject all of the $nakepit stuff from $la$h. As Marc Cantor stated: Axl liked 3-4 songs but $la$h was being a bonehead about it (and then quit).

2. Axl invited $la$h to contribute to 3 songs on CD.

3. Marc Cantor stated: Axl was right ... $la$h is a LIAR. $la$h lies to make himself look "cool".

4. Axl says that all $la$h has to do is apologize and tell the TRUTH.

1. Axl Ro$£ liked 3-4 songs and asked for them AFTER he rejected the whole material. When Slash formed Snakepit and decided to use the songs, then Axl asked for them and Slash denied saying: "I have compromised the material with my side project, you said you didn't like the songs"). Also, this happened in late 1994, Slash quit in late 1996. Get your facts straight.

2. Axl Ro$£ wanted Slash in CD only if Slash apologized publicly for the things he said about him. Marc said: "Half of the things Axl wanted Slash to apologize for weren't lies at all".

3. Marc never said Axl was right.

4. Truth? Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby, Izzy, roadies, co-workers, former managers have said the same things about Axl in the last 20 years. Who is right? Axl Ro$£? I don't think so.

5. Your boy keeps covering other people's material with his cash-grabbing band. He wanted to bury Appetite and the joke is celebrating the 25th Anniversary of said album with his people that HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.

:takethat: :takethat:

Are you trying to say that the threat of the end of the world in Dec of 2012 will make $la$h realize his LYING ways?

1. Axl didn't reject all of the $nakepit stuff from $la$h. As Marc Cantor stated: Axl liked 3-4 songs but $la$h was being a bonehead about it (and then quit).

3. Marc Cantor stated: Axl was right ... $la$h is a LIAR. $la$h lies to make himself look "cool".

Hate to have to defend Slash, but Marc didn't say exactly that. Axl had initially rejected Snakepit completely (along with Duff) but then came back and agreed to work on a few songs after the album had already been recorded and it was too late. The 3-4 songs Marc was talking about I think were from Slash's 1996 12 song demo, and Axl wanted them after Rio. It is beyond insulting to ask Slash to "contribute" a select amount of songs to a GNR album. It's simply a shitty thing to do. Yes, Slash does lie to make himself look cool, but I doubt Slash actually knows specifically what he should apologize for.

What these fools don't understand: Slash back in GN'R wouldn't give us better new music! Slash was only the guy who did the solos. Just listen to everything he has ever done since quitting GN'R. Not a single song to remember ...

Bring back Izzy and Robin - and Duff, if you may. Oh, let's not forget about Brain, of course. But I just don't see any need for Slash ... he's easily replaceable. THERE! I SAID IT!!! WHOOHOO!!! :takethat:

I think the material Slash has released has been superior than everyone else in the classic lineup. Izzy's stuff? Its fine, dont get me wrong, but memorable? Not at all..Duff? Loaded is so so, Steven's stuff is mostly awful with a few decent tracks, Axl has released only one album in the 16 years of the breakup. Nothing on that album is celebrated like the material from the old band.

As far as Slash being only the "guy who did the solos", he sure has an awfully long list of writing credits in that band.

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Out Ta Get Me

Mr Brownstone

Paradise City

Think About You

Sweet Child O' Mine

You're Crazy

Rocket Queen

Dust N Bones

Perfect Crime

Garden of Eden

Dont Damn Me

Bad Apples

Coma

Civil War

Get in the Ring

Locomotive

Most of their greatest songs are in that list, including WTTJ and SCOM which drove them to fame in the first place.

Not to mention the amazing leads in Estranged(and every other song) which moved Axl so greatly he thanked Slash in the linear notes.

You can claim all day long that Slash is "easily replaceable" yet Axl has failed at doing that for 16 years now. The fans want Slash and not Bumblefoot or that 16 year old scene girl look alike.

Worship blindly much?

You're right. $la$h is all about money. He uses his old band name to tour his old band's music, expresses zero interest in working on new material, and has opened a residency in Las Vegas.

Axl, on the other hand, regularly works on and releases new music. He tours under his own name and still manages to sell tickets based off the name he made for himself.

Oh, wait.

See how juvenile it is to use the money signs as an insult to Slash? Not to mention a certain current Guns N' Roses guitarist has a merchandise brand named after him.

Honestly I can only ever see them getting back together for a Live8 sort of deal in like 10 years.

That aint gonna happen, Guns have never been a real political band and supported charitable causes, even though they played Farm Aid, only way I can see them getting back is if their careers are going nowhere, if Axl has trouble selling out 2,000 capacity clubs in the US (because they can never have an arena tour again) and Slashs solo career is going nowhere, then 5-10 years down the line they might decide to have a "reunion"

Of course by then it might be to late, between Slash, Duff and Steven(if he is even included in a reunion) they are guys who have had health problems and who knows what their health will be like 5-10 years down the road

Not to mention a ''reunion" for a hard rock band when they are in their late 50s-60s will seem sad

They had their chance for a "reunion" at the Hall of fame but Axl and Izzy were to cool for it, I doubt their will ever be a "reunion" with the 5 guys again

Give it time anything is possible. Doubt there will be new music, although the classic songs performed by the guys that wrote them just might be a reality someday, Axl just needs a little more time to grow alittle older and grow up in general.

It's really up to Slash I think. I think if they ran into each other Axl's bitterness might fade away, but Slash doesn't seem interested in repairing their relationship. If he is, he should send Axl/Beta a letter explaining his feelings on what has happened and maybe trying to get some answers as to what Axl wants him to apologize for. I don't think Slash wants to deal with it though, and besides a few shows I don't think he would even want a reunion really.

You're right. $la$h is all about money. He uses his old band name to tour his old band's music, expresses zero interest in working on new material, and has opened a residency in Las Vegas.

Axl, on the other hand, regularly works on and releases new music. He tours under his own name and still manages to sell tickets based off the name he made for himself.

Oh, wait.

See how juvenile it is to use the money signs as an insult to Slash? Not to mention a certain current Guns N' Roses guitarist has a merchandise brand named after him.

:takethat::takethat:

One thing I cannot understand is why would Axl think Slash would have wanted anything to do with CD?

Oh, wait.

:takethat::takethat:

One thing I cannot understand is why would Axl think Slash would have wanted anything to do with CD?

I agree, I don't think Slash would have agreed to contribute a few songs to a new GNR album that Axl was directing.