Axl's politics

Vincent Vega

Given Axl's personality, I'd think he'd have at the very least even a casual interest in politics. Given that you and Axl were friends for almost 30 years, I'm curious as to whether he ever talked, even a tiny bit, about his feelings on political issues with you, whether in the 80s, 90s or more recently? I ask because Slash has made some of his political feelings known, having played for example at a concert protesting the Iraq War a few years ago.

But what of Axl? Where did he stand on the issues? Was he more of a liberal or conservative person? What did he think of Bush or Clinton or Reagan? I realize this is a personal sort of question and if you don't answer I'll understand.

But I do think fans have wondered about this since Slash done political stuff at times and given Axl's politically charged lyrics like in Civil War and what and his statements during his rants on the UYI tour, like stuff he mentioned about Clinton not inhaling, the government etc, and the fact that he made an album based off the concept of the Chinese Democracy movement and even wrote a very heartfelt letter in support of Chinese Democratic movements in the liner notes o the album.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Marc if you say he was a conservative I'll bear your children! :lol:

Even if he is or was I wouldn't care to be honest. I'm just curious about where he stands on this stuff. An artist's politics don't stop me from liking them. Arnie's a conservative and I still love his movies, doesn't really bug me. It's just an interesting facet to know about a celebrity.

Edited by Vincent Vega