Slash issues "rules" to all potential interviewers: 'No questions about Axl or a reunion'

BBA

I don't see a problem with this, let the dude talk about what he wants to talk about.

Absolutely. It's been ages since he quit GN'R and he's got lots on his plate. Just because some insane fans haven't accepted his decision back in the mid 90s doesn't mean he has to keep talking about it so many years later. Let him talk about his new record, why he hasn't quit VR yet, what's up with that Bob Irwin foundation and so on. He has moved on, so should the fans.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look...we all know they were better together than they are apart, but times and relationships change, and that's life..GNR (old school) were a great moment in history, but progress and changes happen...deal with it..

Edited by tippin

Perhaps he finally realized in all these interviews what he says just pisses off axl more, he's probably tired of the same questions as well.

I think the ball is in his court in terms of getting ahold of axl and patching things up though. That's probably the only way anything will ever happen.

Why do you assume that Axl's reaction has anything to do with this?

You mean apologizing to Axl for all things real and/or imagined?

They havent talked (as far as we know) in what....15-18 years? Good for Slash for saying "don't bring up Axl". Slash should almost have one final Axl QnA session- blow off all the steam, let it all out and be done. Address Axl's cancer comments (on the heals of Slash' moms cancer death) and all the other shots. Address his thoughts of Nu Guns, Axl's weight, CD, everything. Then take a couple final shots, spill some serious dirt and be done with Axl.

Slash would've burned bridges with Axl in the book, but people thought David Lee Roth did the same with Van Halen, and they still reunited. I don't think there was anything damning about Axl in there, and Axl saying it was a bunch of lies was before the book was out.

Slash will prob. talk about the past, but he wants the 'are you guys going to reunite' questions to end, or old war stories that were already written about.

It's up to Axl to contact Slash, if he wants to have a "clearing the air" meeting, or just have dinner one night to reconnect. I think they should just meet up in private, and see how it goes. And I know Slash wouldn't be going to the press about it, if anything, Axl would be.

They havent talked (as far as we know) in what....15-18 years? Good for Slash for saying "don't bring up Axl". Slash should almost have one final Axl QnA session- blow off all the steam, let it all out and be done. Address Axl's cancer comments (on the heals of Slash' moms cancer death) and all the other shots. Address his thoughts of Nu Guns, Axl's weight, CD, everything. Then take a couple final shots, spill some serious dirt and be done with Axl.

Slash would've burned bridges with Axl in the book, but people thought David Lee Roth did the same with Van Halen, and they still reunited. I don't think there was anything damning about Axl in there, and Axl saying it was a bunch of lies was before the book was out.

Slash will prob. talk about the past, but he wants the 'are you guys going to reunite' questions to end, or old war stories that were already written about.

It's up to Axl to contact Slash, if he wants to have a "clearing the air" meeting, or just have dinner one night to reconnect. I think they should just meet up in private, and see how it goes. And I know Slash wouldn't be going to the press about it, if anything, Axl would be.

C'mon, Axl ain't gonna initiate contact. If Slash wants to contact Axl at all he's going to have to try to make peace with Beta first.

C'mon, Axl ain't gonna initiate contact. If Slash wants to contact Axl at all he's going to have to try to make peace with Beta first.

No reason for any of them to get in contact with each other. The situation is perfect the way it is.

We don't really know what their personal feelings on the matter are. Maybe one of them needs closure.

No reason for any of them to get in contact with each other. The situation is perfect the way it is.

I am glad one person finds it perfect.

We don't really know what their personal feelings on the matter are. Maybe one of them needs closure.

What makes you think so? I believe some fans need closure....

Make peace with Beta what did he do to her?

We can't predict what Axl's going to do or decide on, but Slash isn't going to keep trying to get in touch with Axl if he's not going to respond. It has to be the other way around. And if it never happens, so be it. I just think it'll be in private if and when it does.

What makes you think so? I believe some fans need closure....

I don't think anyone can seriously say Axl has moved on from his issues with Slash, by accounts from others and judging from his statements he definitely hasn't. Usually people need some kind of closure when they are that bitter.

I don't think anyone can seriously say Axl has moved on from his issues with Slash, by accounts from others and judging from his statements he definitely hasn't. Usually people need some kind of closure when they are that bitter.

Axl dislikes Slash. No one denies that. But that doesn't mean he needs some "closure" or "to make up" or any of those other kindergarden concepts. There is nothing wrong in disliking someone.

Edited by SoulMonster

I am glad one person finds it perfect.

Make that two. Slash has been so corporate since 96 that if he returned, i wouldn't consider it GNR anymore.

Guest RonMexico82

For the best part of a decade Slash kept Axls name in the media because he answered questions about him all the time. I don't see why he should continue doing that. If Axl wants to fade into obscurity and only get a mention as the punchline in a joke then so be it. I don't see why Slash should waste any more energy discussing him.

Perhaps he finally realized in all these interviews what he says just pisses off axl more, he's probably tired of the same questions as well.

I think the ball is in his court in terms of getting ahold of axl and patching things up though. That's probably the only way anything will ever happen.

Why do you assume that Axl's reaction has anything to do with this?

You mean apologizing to Axl for all things real and/or imagined?

I was just speculating, most likely he's sick of the same old questions.

I suppose they both have apologizing to do, but Axl will never contact Slash and i think Axl left the ball to Slash's court in his HOF letter.

For the best part of a decade Slash kept Axls name in the media because he answered questions about him all the time. I don't see why he should continue doing that. If Axl wants to fade into obscurity and only get a mention as the punchline in a joke then so be it. I don't see why Slash should waste any more energy discussing him.

When Axl refuses to discuss Slash : OMG WHAT AN ASSHOLE !

When Slash refuses to discuss Axl : GOOD FOR HIM !

Truth : they both suck ass now.

When Axl refused to talk about Slash? He talked about Slash with Kurt in 1999, with Trunk in 2006 and with Trunk in 2011. He refused to talk about "reunion" which is understandable. :shrugs:

Edited by pi2loc