Slash issues "rules" to all potential interviewers: 'No questions about Axl or a reunion'

BBA

For the best part of a decade Slash kept Axls name in the media because he answered questions about him all the time. I don't see why he should continue doing that. If Axl wants to fade into obscurity and only get a mention as the punchline in a joke then so be it. I don't see why Slash should waste any more energy discussing him.

Yes, Slash should use the energy to release great records as "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love" :rofl-lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash must be tired / bored by those questions by now. I think he is happy in the fact knowing he worked with the band GN'R that had the most success and created the best songs. Since that time he has gone on to work with many artists, and release many tunes. As time moves forward, GN'R grows forever smaller. It must almost seem odd to be asked about a lead singer he has not spoke to for so many years.

When Axl refuses to discuss Slash : OMG WHAT AN ASSHOLE !

When Slash refuses to discuss Axl : GOOD FOR HIM !

Truth : they both suck ass now.

Axl's voice has gone down the pan somewhat agreed.

Slash is still making and releasing music, and his guitar work is still on form. I own all the Slash records bar the VR stuff (as I don't like Scott's voice) and they are all great.

Edited by vaida

I don't think anyone can seriously say Axl has moved on from his issues with Slash, by accounts from others and judging from his statements he definitely hasn't. Usually people need some kind of closure when they are that bitter.

Axl dislikes Slash. No one denies that. But that doesn't mean he needs some "closure" or "to make up" or any of those other kindergarden concepts. There is nothing wrong in disliking someone.

I don't think it's just dislike, it seems closer to an obsession. From what Canter says, to what that guy said about his conversation with him and Steven Tyler, and from Axl's chats and statements, it seems to go farther. No one needs to make up but it's better to confront issues like that than avoiding them.

I don't think anyone can seriously say Axl has moved on from his issues with Slash, by accounts from others and judging from his statements he definitely hasn't. Usually people need some kind of closure when they are that bitter.

Axl dislikes Slash. No one denies that. But that doesn't mean he needs some "closure" or "to make up" or any of those other kindergarden concepts. There is nothing wrong in disliking someone.

I don't think it's just dislike, it seems closer to an obsession. From what Canter says, to what that guy said about his conversation with him and Steven Tyler, and from Axl's chats and statements, it seems to go farther. No one needs to make up but it's better to confront issues like that than avoiding them.

I am very careful about concluding on this since media tends to exaggerate stuff. I really don't know Axl. Still, he might be obsessed with Slash, he might just dislike him, he might even be okay with him, I don't know and I don't care. Going as far as to claim he needs some reconciliation or closure is puuure speculation and something I won't lower myself to. We don't know his current quality of life today nor what it would be if he became BFF again with Slash. To me it seems that most fans care deeply about this issue out of pure selfish reasons (reunion) or some naive belief that everybody needs to be friends.

Edited by SoulMonster

When Axl refuses to discuss Slash : OMG WHAT AN ASSHOLE !

When Slash refuses to discuss Axl : GOOD FOR HIM !

Truth : they both suck ass now.

I would say they both are doing well now. Slash just released a strong album and GN'R played an amazing show when I saw them late last year.

Ali

I am very careful about concluding on this since media tends to exaggerate stuff. I really don't know Axl. Still, he might be obsessed with Slash, he might just dislike him, he might even be okay with him, I don't know and I don't care. Going as far as to claim he needs some reconciliation or closure is puuure speculation and something I won't lower myself to. We don't know his current quality of life today nor what it would be if he became BFF again with Slash. To me it seems that most fans care deeply about this issue out of pure selfish reasons (reunion) or some naive belief that everybody needs to be friends.

I agree that people want this because of a reunion, and I agree that he doesn't necessarily need to reconcile with anybody. I am not a fan of speculation about these things myself. I only said that it seems that imo Axl would not intiiate contact with Slash, and that one of them may want closure and that Axl seems to still be very upset about it.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

For the best part of a decade Slash kept Axls name in the media because he answered questions about him all the time. I don't see why he should continue doing that. If Axl wants to fade into obscurity and only get a mention as the punchline in a joke then so be it. I don't see why Slash should waste any more energy discussing him.

Yes, Slash should use the energy to release great records as "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love" :rofl-lol:

Well, you can laugh all you want, but there is no single song on CD that can touch songs like Anastasia. Proof: the same crowd in Hellfest and Gods of Metal was bored as fuck with the CD songs while ultra-excited at the new Slash songs. I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

Those are awesome albums

Well, you can laugh all you want, but there is no single song on CD that can touch songs like Anastasia. Proof: the same crowd in Hellfest and Gods of Metal was bored as fuck with the CD songs while ultra-excited at the new Slash songs. I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

Crowd reaction means nothing, people like more accessible stuff, if Pink Floyd debuted Dark Side Of The Moon for the first time ever there people would hate it. Different music brings out different emotions in people, some music you have to take time with. By the way, no matter what the lyrics on Anastasia are lame as fuck and don't touch anything done by Axl ever.

This!

Finally it seems Slash got the message! lol

Now what will Slash talk about?

His tour

His new record

The next record which he and Myles have already started working on

The movie his movie production company has ready to come out next year

The music for that movie that he is doing which will involve all instruments not just guitar music

The next movie that will begin filming late next year

His tour

His new record

The music for that movie that he is doing which will involve all instruments not just guitar music

Some interviewers (like Stern) won't be happy about these new rules. They only want controversy and headlines.

nothing .. he is no one .. and if he changes his clothes since 25 years ago probably disappears ... :rofl-lol:

I can never tell if your posts are for real or just for comic relief :confused:

His tour

His new record

Some interviewers (like Stern) won't be happy about these new rules. They only want controversy and headlines.

I agree with you on that but the time has come for interviews to realize there is nothing more to tell them about old GNR and Axl. Not from Slash's point of view anyway.

This will only last until Slash is releasing another record he needs to promote. Then he will talk about GN'R and Axl again. He had the hall of fame induction to promote his latest album.

Edited by Jeez

His tour

His new record

Howard is the exception. If Axl was going on the show, it's because he'd be going in knowing Howard's going to ask uncomfortable questions for him to answer. That's the nature of the show, under the guise of comedy.

I'm not sure what the news is here. Slash is tired of answering a 16 year old question... the hell you say?!

It would be like going to work and people wanted to talk about a spread sheet you did 16 years ago for an account that didn't exist anymore.

Edited by DeadSlash

I'm not sure what the news is here. Slash is tired of answering a 16 year old question... the hell you say?!

It would be like going to work and people wanted to talk about a spread sheet you did 16 years ago for an account that didn't exist anymore.

yea exactly the same......

yea exactly the same......

Really? It's not people asking him about something he did 16 years ago and isn't involved in anymore?

Huh..