Slash issues "rules" to all potential interviewers: 'No questions about Axl or a reunion'

BBA

I'm not sure what the news is here. Slash is tired of answering a 16 year old question... the hell you say?!

It would be like going to work and people wanted to talk about a spread sheet you did 16 years ago for an account that didn't exist anymore.

yea exactly the same......

Really? It's not people asking him about something he did 16 years ago and isn't involved in anymore?

Huh..

How many times hasn't Slash said he doesn't want to talk about GN'R?

Yet he released a book which is mainly about GN'R. He also helped promoting Marc Canters book about the band he doesn't want to talk about. He plays several GN'R songs live.

He is talking about GN'R every time he is releasing something.. He uses it to promote his own stuff. He just happened to release his solo album right after the HoF induction. And he talked about Axl and GN'R on Piers Morgan not long ago. But I can understand it, the media simply isn't interested in his solo stuff.

He does something GN'R related regularly. There is no way around it.

Edited by Jeez

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he doesn't want to talk about Axl or GNR, who can blame him? ....Besides, he has a lot of other things to talk about.

Let him tell us about the club show he's playing where he'll cover GNR songs and have Alter Bridge's singer sing his shitty originals. The stories that can be written about that.

Edited by Modano09

I don't blame slash for finally telling them to not talk about that. He has been hammered by those questions for years and it was pretty obvious that it was a touchy subject that he did not want to address. Slash said that the Hall of Fame was the final nail in the coffen from what I heard. In other words the HOF was the last hope of the band ever getting back together and it is past time people move on and forget about any reunion. I think it is sad because the performance was so amazing at the HOF show and the band sounded great it was just missing Axl Roses vocals. Anyways, too bad they can't bury the hatchet but at least we at a moment were able to see what could have been in the HOF performance. I think when Axl made his statement of not going it pretty much was the last word. Slash is past it now. He was willing for a while during the lead up to the Hall of Fame to entertain the idea of a reunion from my gut opinion. At minimum it could have been a reunion on stage with them not performing and maybe a chance for them to mend their friendships.

I think Axl was loyal to his new band and did not want to give anyone an impression that a reunion could happen. That is my thoughts on why he did not show up besides he probably was not sure how things would be with Slash there. If Slash did not go to the HOF maybe Axl would have showed. I think maybe that was a reason Axl waited so long to decide if he was going to the HOF it was because he wanted to see if Slash was not going to it.

Edited by rocker rockstar

If he doesn't want to talk about Axl or GNR, who can blame him? ....Besides, he has a lot of other things to talk about.

Let him tell us about the club show he's playing where he'll cover GNR songs and have Alter Bridge's singer sing his shitty originals. The stories that can be written about that.

oohh yeah ... and can be attached pics of his decadence ..

he used to be a rocker ... this is what the hatred and resentment do in life :o

99859757095392407525.jpg

oohh yeah ... and can be attached pics of his decadence ..

he used to be a rocker ... this is what the hatred and resentment do in life :o

99859757095392407525.jpg

56720613.jpg

I now understand why Axl looks like shit nowadays. :thumbsup:

Edited by pi2loc

I don't blame slash for finally telling them to not talk about that. He has been hammered by those questions for years and it was pretty obvious that it was a touchy subject that he did not want to address. Slash said that the Hall of Fame was the final nail in the coffen from what I heard. In other words the HOF was the last hope of the band ever getting back together and it is past time people move on and forget about any reunion. I think it is sad because the performance was so amazing at the HOF show and the band sounded great it was just missing Axl Roses vocals. Anyways, too bad they can't bury the hatchet but at least we at a moment were able to see what could have been in the HOF performance. I think when Axl made his statement of not going it pretty much was the last word. Slash is past it now. He was willing for a while during the lead up to the Hall of Fame to entertain the idea of a reunion from my gut opinion. At minimum it could have been a reunion on stage with them not performing and maybe a chance for them to mend their friendships.

I think Axl was loyal to his new band and did not want to give anyone an impression that a reunion could happen. That is my thoughts on why he did not show up besides he probably was not sure how things would be with Slash there. If Slash did not go to the HOF maybe Axl would have showed. I think maybe that was a reason Axl waited so long to decide if he was going to the HOF it was because he wanted to see if Slash was not going to it.

I think Axl will wind up doing something separate for the Rock Hall, like donating memorabilia or throwing a UCAP type show in Cleveland, maybe in the Rock Hall, but it would prob. be a GNR exhibit where he'd clean out his closet with the stage outfits and stuff sitting around.

People reunite after the Rock Hall happens. It's never been THE determining factor for bands to get together.

For the best part of a decade Slash kept Axls name in the media because he answered questions about him all the time. I don't see why he should continue doing that. If Axl wants to fade into obscurity and only get a mention as the punchline in a joke then so be it. I don't see why Slash should waste any more energy discussing him.

Yes, Slash should use the energy to release great records as "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love" :rofl-lol:

Well, you can laugh all you want, but there is no single song on CD that can touch songs like Anastasia. Proof: the same crowd in Hellfest and Gods of Metal was bored as fuck with the CD songs while ultra-excited at the new Slash songs. I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

Crowd reaction means nothing, people like more accessible stuff, if Pink Floyd debuted Dark Side Of The Moon for the first time ever there people would hate it. Different music brings out different emotions in people, some music you have to take time with. By the way, no matter what the lyrics on Anastasia are lame as fuck and don't touch anything done by Axl ever.

First, it's obvious that you've never listened to a Pink Floyd bootleg from the 70s.

Second, CD songs are 4 years old. They were not debuted this summer.

Third, the lyrics are pretty cool. They are not artsy maybe, but nor are Axl's lyrics better necessarily.

To sum up, I think crowd reaction is VERY important for a rock n' roll band. It's actually the most important criteria when it comes to true success. The way the artist connects with the audience. So when the crowd watches CD songs, or BBF's solo spot, and they all wear their 'what-the-fuck?' faces, communication is kind of broken right there.

For the best part of a decade Slash kept Axls name in the media because he answered questions about him all the time. I don't see why he should continue doing that. If Axl wants to fade into obscurity and only get a mention as the punchline in a joke then so be it. I don't see why Slash should waste any more energy discussing him.

Yes, Slash should use the energy to release great records as "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love" :rofl-lol:

Well, you can laugh all you want, but there is no single song on CD that can touch songs like Anastasia. Proof: the same crowd in Hellfest and Gods of Metal was bored as fuck with the CD songs while ultra-excited at the new Slash songs. I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

Crowd reaction means nothing, people like more accessible stuff, if Pink Floyd debuted Dark Side Of The Moon for the first time ever there people would hate it. Different music brings out different emotions in people, some music you have to take time with. By the way, no matter what the lyrics on Anastasia are lame as fuck and don't touch anything done by Axl ever.

First, it's obvious that you've never listened to a Pink Floyd bootleg from the 70s.

Second, CD songs are 4 years old. They were not debuted this summer.

Third, the lyrics are pretty cool. They are not artsy maybe, but nor are Axl's lyrics better necessarily.

To sum up, I think crowd reaction is VERY important for a rock n' roll band. It's actually the most important criteria when it comes to true success. The way the artist connects with the audience. So when the crowd watches CD songs, or BBF's solo spot, and they all wear their 'what-the-fuck?' faces, communication is kind of broken right there.

Yes, crowd reaction was no doubt great for PF then, I meant if that music was debuted NOW.

Slash is a Rock ICON he has finally taken out the garbadge! Good for him!

The garbage that made him a rock icon. God you are the most delusional scary fan on here. And you're one of the scary fat chicks he used to sext which almost led to his divorce. Stalker should be your name.

Too bad if he doesn't want to talk about the band that made him famous. That's all people care about. Not his flop albums.

Slash is a Rock ICON he has finally taken out the garbadge! Good for him!

The garbage that made him a rock icon. God you are the most delusional scary fan on here. And you're one of the scary fat chicks he used to sext which almost led to his divorce. Stalker should be your name.

Too bad if he doesn't want to talk about the band that made him famous. That's all people care about. Not his flop albums.

What are you talkin' about dude? Sleeper is a great fuckin' poster.

He doesn't want to discuss Gn'R or Axl Rose because he has been discussing both since 1994. Axl does the same with Slash or reunion in the few interviews he has given in the last 20 years. Can you blame him for that? I don't think so.