Awesome photo!

Coma16

I don't think there was too much strain on Axl and Izzy friendship even when Izzy left the band back in the day. Yeah at first I am sure Axl was quite miffed by his leaving GNR but Izzy coming back to fill in for Gilby helped him get passed it.

I think Izzy understood Axl more than anyone and Izzy was the glue that held GNR together.

Izzy hated playing huge venues with 25,000 people there night in and night out, he liked the more of a club feel live and didn't like being in the spotlight at all. If you watch him live from back in the day he done very little looking at the fans and didn't interact with them at all.

When GNR got huge it turned into something he didn't want to deal with night after night as far as the huge shows and he also thought people took the lyrics to songs off of AFD and Lies to seriously and some fans to the point of doing things they wrote songs about, I remember reading this in an article from way back when..

I to this day don't think Axl or the way Axl acted at times had anything to do with him leaving the band, it was what he had to do for himself.

As far as him replacing any current member that just ain't going to happen.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the photo you guys were talking about on the previous page?

553715_504236596268553_1595154023_n.jpg

if its not allowed to be posted here, please delete it

I'm gonna make a prediction that Izzy will be a big feature at all the Vegas shows and some kind of announcement of him rejoining the band happens in vegas. maybe as a songwriter and occasional/permenant touring member.

I also predict that this is the reason why he didn't attend the Hall of Fame ceremony.

I'm not basing this on anything solid but I just have a feeling that the timing would be right for all parties. CD is done and the atmosphere in the camp seems stable which would surely please Izzy.

Also I think Axl would be up for making a "classic" type gnr record now.

It doesn't mean CD session music wouldn't come out, just that anything written from this point would be more bluesy izzy type stuff.

Just a hunch and probably nothing more than wishful thinking on my part.

Izzy ls clearly thinking of tuna in this picture. You can tell by the way his mouth is slanted. Also, based on his stance, Ron seems to be thinking of the consequences that the American Revolution had on smaller, late 18th century European economies. How you guys can't see this, I do not know.

Edited by IndiannaRose

I'm gonna make a prediction that Izzy will be a big feature at all the Vegas shows and some kind of announcement of him rejoining the band happens in vegas. maybe as a songwriter and occasional/permenant touring member.

I also predict that this is the reason why he didn't attend the Hall of Fame ceremony.

I'm not basing this on anything solid but I just have a feeling that the timing would be right for all parties. CD is done and the atmosphere in the camp seems stable which would surely please Izzy.

It doesn't mean CD session music wouldn't come out, just that anything written from this point would be more bluesy izzy type stuff.

Just a hunch and probably nothing more than wishful thinking on my part.

I think Izzy likes doing the guest star thing and able to just come and go as he pleases. I see him doing studio work with the current lineup and pitching his songs to the band, working with them for a week or two, and then taking off to parts unknown. And who knows, maybe some of the guys will work with Izzy on his solo stuff.

The Hall of Fame ceremony - just felt there was too much drama, and as I've mentioned, they have to pay for their own tables. I don't know what happens when the winners can't afford to go, because there's people inducted that aren't rich by any means.

I don't think Axl wants to completely chuck out the unreleased stuff, but we all want to see what the current lineup has to offer, because half of them weren't around when the songs were put together.

Why can't Axl just release music through iTunes...

I was going to say Axl is old skool and likes all the physical media thing like vinyl big sleeve, booklet artwork etc. Based on what happen with CD - no video, no interviews, a booklet full of errors, poor quality vinyl, maybe iTunes is the future for Axl

Edited by vaida

Man, if this happen, i shit my pants!

Get out Ashba and bring back Izzy!

With Izzy, Axl got another chance to show his creativity on his own ground.

Awesome photos btw!