The "Does Anyone Ever Think..." Thread

there is no dana only zool

Mods, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if this were moved to elsewhere on the board, but since I've seen so many "Does anyone ever think" threads (sup, Randy, lol) in D&N before with absolutely rediculous subjects, I don't know where else would be more appropriate to place this. Anyway, the following:

I think everyone is entitled to at least one or two ludicris statements on here, so without further ado,

- Does anyone ever think that when Fernando was young, Axl would tease him by singing or playing that Abba song "Fernando?" Couldn't you just picture Axl driving somewhere, with Beta in the passenger side, and a young Fernando in the back and Axl starts funnily singing, "Can you hear the drums, Fernandoooooo?" or queing it up on the car stereo? Beta calmy laughing along?

- Has anyone ever wondered if 850 pounds was the combined weight of the band when Get In The Ring was written, hence the "And in this corner, weighing in at Eight-hundred-and-fifty pounds...."

There. Done. And, the first one was obviously inspired by the recent, "Will Fernando get songwriting credits on CD2?" thread (somewhat related in degree of rediculousness, this year's "Should Zakk Wylde be inducted" thread).

Closing: This is no way a jab at Fernando at all. I've spoken with him before, and he's been nothing but nice and responsive. I fully support Team Brazil as both people, and a management team for GN'R.

God frigging bless this band haha.

No comment on your first question...

On the second, yes, when I heard this as a young teen I had always thought it was their combined weight, putting them all at about 170ish for an average. Then I thought it was on UYI so maybe they included Dizzy too in that calculation so put them more at 140 for an average. Either, way I think, yes, this was an approximate total weight for the band. Of course, this is just my opinion and in no way based on fact. As a young girl fan of theirs back in the day, I spent lots of time listening to their songs while reading the Hit Parader magazines and cutting out Axl pics and taping them as wallpaper to my wall, giving me lots of time to ponder these type of hard hitting questions!

On the second, yes, when I heard this as a young teen I had always thought it was their combined weight, putting them all at about 170ish for an average. Then I thought it was on UYI so maybe they included Dizzy too in that calculation so put them more at 140 for an average. Either, way I think, yes, this was an approximate total weight for the band. Of course, this is just my opinion and in no way based on fact. As a young girl fan of theirs back in the day, I spent lots of time listening to their songs while reading the Hit Parader magazines and cutting out Axl pics and taping them as wallpaper to my wall, giving me lots of time to ponder these type of hard hitting questions!

yea i mean, two factors someone might consider are that since it was during the illusion days, and the band had lots of money, surely they were eating a lot more, and frequently; yet none of them appeared to be overweight, and possibly could have even been under weight, with drug use as a contributer.

By the way, I am completely aware that this is a ridiculous topic! I felt the need to chime in because, yes, I had truly thought this out as a young fan in the 90s! Embarressing, yes, but true! I can laugh at myself, it's okay!