Maybe these gigs are the last

jonah

Maybe these upcoming Las Vegas gigs will be the last of the tour, The Chinese tour technically started in Vegas so many years ago maybe they are going to end it in Vegas....Doubtful but wishfull thinking

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if they were the band's last, if Axl is not going to put out new music.

Why would it be great if these were the bands' last gigs? Don't you want fans to enjoy GN'R live gigs in the future, too?

It's kind of sad when a band approaches the Deep Purple status where they tour with the sole purpose of cashing on old goldies and maybe release an album once in 5-10 years. Like, there's no artistic ambition anymore, it's just a job. Ask most casual fans and they'll probably think those old songs were best performed 20 years ago anyway. I wish artists would rather evolve constantly, creating new stuff and developing new directions over their career. Should be about creating new art and not "fan service". Just what I think. :shrugs:

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

It'd be simpler for Axl just to name the all the tours like they really are: Greatest Hits Tours.

People never gave a fuck about CD and probably never will - they just wanna listen to old Gnr classics - and fortunately for Axl he's got plenty of those in hand and could go even go dig up a few more from UYI albums.

A new tour based mainly on CD songs and a new album would be disastrous in terms of reviews & audience figures - they would hardly be able to fill up some bars... :confused:

Edited by trqster

It would be great if they were the band's last, if Axl is not going to put out new music.

Why would it be great if these were the bands' last gigs? Don't you want fans to enjoy GN'R live gigs in the future, too?

It's kind of sad when a band approaches the Deep Purple status where they tour with the sole purpose of cashing on old goldies and maybe release an album once in 5-10 years. Like, there's no artistic ambition anymore, it's just a job. Ask most casual fans and they'll probably think those old songs were best performed 20 years ago anyway. I wish artists would rather evolve constantly, creating new stuff and developing new directions over their career. Should be about creating new art and not "fan service". Just what I think. :shrugs:

The Steve Morse era of Deep Purple is kind of like later era Skynyrd as far as continuing to put new music out goes. Deep Purple stopped altogether because they felt they were pissing money away, even though the CDs got favorable reviews and the Morse/Dregs fans got into it a bit. But the Allman Brothers have been one brother short for 40 years, it's pretty much the Gov't Mule and Trucks/Tedeschi audiences mixed in with Allman Bros fans.

Whipping Post - Axl should do that one and have Derek do a guest appearance. GNR can def. do that one.

It's rather selfish of you to want the band to stop touring and entertaining thousands of fans just because you don't approve of the fact that the band has become old.

No.

But, but, surely without GN'R being active this forum wouldn't exist and hence you wouldn't have any "friends" in the whole world?

This is the the "GnR is still a band people will come out to see tour" Unfortunately or not depending on how you look at it. There is not a huge demand for new songs. NuGuns is a borderline arena act in the USA which like it or not is their biggest market.

It's rather selfish of you to want the band to stop touring and entertaining thousands of fans just because you don't approve of the fact that the band has become old.

Hey I never said I have problems with bands becoming old, there are plenty of awesome old bands (older than GN'R) that manage to stay inspired.

Is it also selfish if I would not mind if Justin Bieber quit the whole music business? I mean, Bieber is entertaining hundreds of thousands of fans!

the last? the last shows in vegas for at least another couple of months, maybe. gnr's unstoppable. now that they're booking 4 thousand seat venues, they've opened up a whole new world of touring possibilities.

If the India rumours come true I guess they will draw huge crowds over there...Who cares whether US citizens are excited about GN'R or not?

Is it also selfish if I would not mind if Justin Bieber quit the whole music business? I mean, Bieber is entertaining hundreds of thousands of fans!

Yes, it is selfish of you to want an artist to quit just because you are not a fan when you know it would bereave millions of fans further entertainment from that artist.

This is the the "GnR is still a band people will come out to see tour" Unfortunately or not depending on how you look at it. There is not a huge demand for new songs. NuGuns is a borderline arena act in the USA which like it or not is their biggest market.

Hardly. They are still selling out 15-25,000 venues in Europe, not to mention South America or Asia.

I wouldn't be surprised if they focused on Europe/Asia mainly (if they ever get to release something).

Yes, it is selfish of you to want an artist to quit just because you are not a fan when you know it would bereave millions of fans further entertainment from that artist.

If Bieber and other corporate manufactured "artists" called it a day, perhaps people would be exposed to good music instead... I'm actually thinking of the best interest of people, who don't currently bother to dig deeper into music besides the stuff they're told to listen.

And I don't believe there's usually much sense in turning discussions about music, movies, video games, books etc. into ethical debates, as these issues are not very real, just entertainment. I mean, people wouldn't actually get hurt if GN'R ended, and thus I can't see how it is selfish for me to wish that happened.

If Bieber and other corporate manufactured "artists" called it a day, perhaps people would be exposed to good music instead... I'm actually thinking of the best interest of people, who don't currently bother to dig deeper into music besides the stuff they're told to listen.

It is very selfish to believe that your taste in music is somehow better than the music taste of millions of beliebers.

And I don't believe there's usually much sense in turning discussions about music, movies, video games, books etc. into ethical debates, as these issues are not very real, just entertainment. I mean, people wouldn't actually get hurt if GN'R ended, and thus I can't see how it is selfish for me to wish that happened.

I wouldn't get physically hurt, but I would definitely be sad for a while. The same would all the beliebers if you got your way and got rid of Bieber just because you are not a fan.

It is very selfish to believe that your taste in music is somehow better than the music taste of millions of beliebers.

Seriously? :rofl-lol: Sorry but I got to draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't get physically hurt, but I would definitely be sad for a while. The same would all the beliebers if you got your way and got rid of Bieber just because you are not a fan.

1) Would you really be sad if a band that does nothing but tours the same, several years old, routine setlist, with zero ambition and no plans to create anything new, would quit? Axl is unfortunately only in for the money.

2) But then beliebers would get a chance to discover more, universally more critically acclaimed music. That'd be a great thing in my book.

Good conversation by the way :thumbsup:

Seriously? :rofl-lol: Sorry but I got to draw the line somewhere.

Yes.

1) Would you really be sad if a band that does nothing but tours the same, several years old, routine setlist, with zero ambition and no plans to create anything new, would quit? Axl is unfortunately only in for the money.

I actually believe the band will release a new album in the future. I also hope the band will tour again near me in the future. So yes, it would make me (very temporarily) sad. I also enjoy the drama that is GN'R and would miss the greatest soap opera of music ever, if it ended.

2) But then beliebers would get a chance to discover more, universally more critically acclaimed music. That'd be a great thing in my book.

Good conversation by the way :thumbsup:

Yes, they would move on to like other music after a period of grief, I am sure. But why force that on people just because your highly subjective personal musical preferences collide with theirs? Some of them might never find a new band/artist they would enjoy as much, and hence you have bereaved them of something they will never get back. Just look at all those pathetic GN'R fans who still whine about the loss when the UYI lineup broke up.

The Chinese tour kinda faded out. It became the: Let's play some Chinese songs, lot's of AFD's songs (because those are the best), and mix in cover tunes Tour.

Even the font style changed to look more like UYI era GN'R. Thinngs changed the moment Bucket and Robin quit and BF and Dj joined. Axl appeared to loose interest in the Chinese theme, and copy how Dj Ash was dressing, which had nothing to do with China.

I guess some will always call it the Chinese tour all the while Chinese songs are performed. Without Slash Bucket Robin on stage, it's all cover band. Assuming a new album will be released, it will be interesting to see what songs they choose to drop ? more AFD or more Chinese ? - i think we all know AFD will always be the choice of most :D

Edited by vaida