Powerage5, can you briefly explain why you love Iron Maiden so fuckin' much?

Nosaj Thing

Just read your post, Powerage, great read and well written. I've missed out on seeing Maiden so many times it's pissing me off :P whenever I'm in UK they're in the UAE and vice versa. More tempted than ever to go to Download to see hem this year, esp because I've never seen Rammstein or Slipknot live, either.

Edited by Amir

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a particular fan or anything but I did see them during the Bayley era at Newcastle City Hall - right at the front - and it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Great guitars, great energy. I think that was the Virtual XI tour. I do need to see the Dickenson line-up. I also like the way Maiden treat their fanbase, releasing stuff etc, unlike Axl whose philosophy on fandom is to take a massive dump on the fans' head.

Just read your post, Powerage, great read and well written. I've missed out on seeing Maiden so many times it's pissing me off :P whenever I'm in UK they're in the UAE and vice versa. More tempted than ever to go to Download to see hem this year, esp because I've never seen Rammstein or Slipknot live, either.

If you've never seen Maiden, this is definitely the tour to see them on. One of, if not the strongest setlist they've ever done, amazing light show, tons of pyro, and 3 Eddies.

I am not a particular fan or anything but I did see them during the Bayley era at Newcastle City Hall - right at the front - and it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Great guitars, great energy. I think that was the Virtual XI tour. I do need to see the Dickenson line-up. I also like the way Maiden treat their fanbase, releasing stuff etc, unlike Axl whose philosophy on fandom is to take a massive dump on the fans' head.

Very jealous you saw them with Blaze, mainly because of how small the venues were in those days. But it that was one of the best gigs you've ever seen, you'll be knocked sideways by how good they are with Bruce and Adrian ;)