The Rolling Stones vs. Nirvana

arnold layne

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Idiotic comparison Completely different bands they had nothing in common but if it`s about preference then Stones by margin miles their legacy and influence trumps Nirvana

This^...your drifting into Miser territory with these types of threads...stick to "I hate girls " threads as you seem pretty good at those....

Idiotic comparison Completely different bands they had nothing in common but if it`s about preference then Stones by margin miles their legacy and influence trumps Nirvana

This^...your drifting into Miser territory with these types of threads...stick to "I hate girls " threads as you seem pretty good at those....

+1

Having a Beatles vs. Stones thread is actually logical given there was actually a rivalry between the two bands in the '60s. Comparing this topic to mine doesn't make any sense as Nirvana and The Stones are apples and oranges. It'd be like saying "Ricky Nelson vs. Pink Floyd."

I don't see what's wrong with this thread. Both were the big "edgy" rock bands of their respective eras.

That being said, Stones win this in a landslide.

Playing three power chords up and down makes Nirvana "edgy" ? if you don`t see difference between Stones and Nirvana then I don`t know what to say

I don't see what's wrong with this thread. Both were the big "edgy" rock bands of their respective eras.

That being said, Stones win this in a landslide.

Playing three power chords up and down makes Nirvana "edgy" ? if you don`t see difference between Stones and Nirvana then I don`t know what to say

You completely missed the point.

Having a Beatles vs. Stones thread is actually logical given there was actually a rivalry between the two bands in the '60s. Comparing this topic to mine doesn't make any sense as Nirvana and The Stones are apples and oranges. It'd be like saying "Ricky Nelson vs. Pink Floyd."

I am one of your biggest fans Miser and the Stones vs. Beatles thread is an interesting discussion but you have your share of off the wall stinkers.......

BTW the Stones and Beatles were very good friends and the only rivalry was in the minds of their fans..........If you ever get a chance download the 1989 Stones radio history called " Past and Present" as it gives you some great insight into the two bands relatoinship as well as being an amazing history of the Stones up unitl their comeback.

stones easily

nirvana isnt even in the same league

stones are pro

nirvana is single A

Single A is pro. ;)

Barely

Maybe a more appropriate thread would be Nirvana vs. Pearl Jam as they were rivals, they were both categorized as "grunge rock" by the media, they both released their albums in the same year, Nevermind and Ten in '91, In Utero and Vs. in '93, and Kurt Cobain felt threatened enough by Pearl Jam to talk trash about them in the media. Pearl Jam, being the class act that they are, chose not to respond. Pearl Jam's 1st 2 albums outsold Nirvana's albums in '91 and '93.