I'm going to brave asking this question...

Since we're asking off the wall questions, I have two:

1) Do you know what years approx the following pix were taken?

61db483bd878937e8a31759.jpg

axl1996.jpg

1176587634f.jpg

axl078.jpg

I ask because we have no confirmed photos of Axl from Jan 1994 to Feb 1998 and you saw him in that period--94 to 98--and there have been a lot of rumors about him and what he was up to and his appearance at the time (he was said to be "unrecognizable" when he turned up backstage at an RHCP show in '96 and was patted down). Maybe you could firm down around what years the pix are from.

Edited by Vincent Vega

I don't know when those photos are from but to me he didn't look any different. The strange thing is I ran into him at a KROQ xmass gig in 96 and he was just sitting in the crowed and no one knew it, yet he didn't really look any different. I think maybe because he was not in the press that much during that time is why maybe no one recognized him. Also he was not dressed up like a rock star. He was just out with a friend seeing a show. Sometimes when you need to just blend in, you do. Most people wouldn't think that Axl or any other rock star could just go to a show and sit without people bothering you. Someone may have thought , hey there's Axl and then thought no it can't be. Come to think of it I think I did see him sign some things that night. Remember people Rock Stars are just people that sometimes just want to live a normal live sometimes.

Axl looks cool as fuck in those photos above.

Is Axl a big fan of RHCP? I know they played a show together back in the 80's, which is like a dream come true (for me anyway). Would have loved to have been there. Marc, did you stay to see RHCP or were you just there for GNR and you split when they finished their set?

I don't know when those photos are from but to me he didn't look any different. The strange thing is I ran into him at a KROQ xmass gig in 96 and he was just sitting in the crowed and no one knew it, yet he didn't really look any different. I think maybe because he was not in the press that much during that time is why maybe no one recognized him. Also he was not dressed up like a rock star. He was just out with a friend seeing a show. Sometimes when you need to just blend in, you do. Most people wouldn't think that Axl or any other rock star could just go to a show and sit without people bothering you. Someone may have thought , hey there's Axl and then thought no it can't be. Come to think of it I think I did see him sign some things that night. Remember people Rock Stars are just people that sometimes just want to live a normal live sometimes.

I'm sure Axl's gone right past paparazzi and they didn't know it was him. I think in NYC, most people can walk around without being bothered. In LA, you could be driving next to just about anyone and wouldn't know it, but actors and musicians usually don't have to worry about getting caught in traffic, unless they have a show to do.

Did you talk about who you were both there to see?

Axl looks cool as fuck in those photos above.

Is Axl a big fan of RHCP? I know they played a show together back in the 80's, which is like a dream come true (for me anyway). Would have loved to have been there. Marc, did you stay to see RHCP or were you just there for GNR and you split when they finished their set?

I wish I would have seen their set that night but I missed it.