DJ Ashba wins "Guitar Hero Of The Year" award

volcano62

So DJ won an award for his ability to copy Slash's music over the past year?

The funniest part of this is that the same people who bash other awards (Who cares that Velvet Revolver won a grammy, awards are a joke. Good for Axl for not showing up to the RnR HOF, that organization is a joke) are now praising DJ for winning some award that nobody has ever heard of?

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the hypocracy of the Axl Nutter Brigade. Only on this forum is winning a las legas magazine award praised, but winning a grammy is bashed.

DJ is a good guitar play no doubt. Winner of the Las Vegas Awards guitar hero of the year award, are they giving awards out to musicians that call Vegas their home? Ive never heard of this award but what do I know?

I was watching TMS the other day and the guys from LA Guns were on minus Tracy Guns of course. They said its sad that Tracy is not thought of in the same light as guitar players like DJ Ashba (they named someone else but i forgot who). Seems DJ is more respected in the music world than on the GnR forums.

DJ is a good guitar play no doubt. Winner of the Las Vegas Awards guitar hero of the year award, are they giving awards out to musicians that call Vegas their home? Ive never heard of this award but what do I know?

I was watching TMS the other day and the guys from LA Guns were on minus Tracy Guns of course. They said its sad that Tracy is not thought of in the same light as guitar players like DJ Ashba (they named someone else but i forgot who). Seems DJ is more respected in the music world than on the GnR forums.

That might have something to do with the fact he murders Slash's GN'R work. Award or no Award, he can't cover Slash, he just don't have it.

Edited by vaida

No offence to DJ, but in a world wherefor example Joe Perry, Keith Richards, Slash, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy and Kirk Hammett are alive, there is NO WAY he should win this award. Laughable.

Let me just point this out again..........the same people who said that the winning a Grammy means nothing, are now praising DJ for winning an award from a LV magazine?

Slash won a grammy.

DJ won a magazine award that nobody has ever heard of.

End of story.

Good for him. I respect DJ as a performer. He's a very talented live musician. He's great with the audience. During the 8 or so time I've seen him perform with the band, he's been a highlight of the show for many of the casual fans and me. I like how he effortlessly walks on the board railing (where the glass should be for a hockey game) in the arenas. He seems to enjoy being on stage every night. Half of being 'guitar hero' is stage presence anyway.

That might have something to do with the fact he murders Slash's GN'R work. Award or no Award, he can't cover Slash, he just don't have it.

I agree 100% he's not Slash and no one ever will be. But I think he does a better job playing classic GnR songs than Fink ever did. I just thought it was interesting that members from an older band like LA Guns said its sad Tracy is not thought of like a DJ Ashba

Also honored this year were Sammy Hagar for being the voice of rock..........David Coverdale for the lifetime achievement award.

Vince Neill won the lifetime achievement award last year.

But sure.

Congrats to DJ for winning a MAGAZINE award for being a guitar hero.

Let's not go overboard though. It is a magazine that 99% of us had never heard of before today. It wasn't a vote of his peers or from music industry execs.

Who knows, maybe next year he can snag the New York Times Guitar Hero award or the Dallas Tribue Guitar hero awards as well!!!!!

My wish/dream is that he wins a TON of awards in 2013.............based on the merit of his OWN work on the new Guns n Roses album. And not because of his ability to cover Slash.

Edited by Groghan

I find this very surprising on 2 different fronts.

1. DJ won an award? WTF? Are they deaf?

2. There was an award to be had and Slash didn't buy it for himself? WTF? Is he slipping?

That is all.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Congrats Dj!

Love him or hate him- Dj's more or less the first member of New Guns that actually "plays the game" with the media (or has been allowed to play the game) and succeeds in drawing attention to the band and showing there's some "personality" in the band other than Axl, etc. This is all for the good IMHO- especially if a new album ever sees the light of day...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY