What Happens 2 The GNR Name If Axl Dies?

JayGatz

It's not like the name has value for tax purposes. There wouldn't be a problem there. No one would be inheriting a big company as far as GNR is concerned. It's not like they appraise the name as worth 10 million and you pay taxes on it.

It's not real estate or a business.

It would involve trusts, holding companies, etc. Basically it would be merchandise, where what's left of his publishing and performance royalties would go, and who would succeed him as far as GNR Music partnership (if that's not already spelled out) voting powers.

I think.

No one would release "new" Axl-less GNR music.

Obviously this hopefully doesn't happen anytime soon..But I wondered who would control of the name and how that would affect the GNR material that Axl, Slash and Duff are co-owners of?

I'd be pissed if somehow Team Brazil controlled the name GNR...

The name Guns N' Roses will never be used in future material or whatever. When Axl dies, the name dies too.

Probably for the best.

I've seen it mentioned many times on here, but what is Team Brazil?

The Guns N' Roses Management team. It is run by a nanny and her two children.

She is not a nanny you brainless burger-flipper.

She was personal asst. And now manager.

Get over it!!

For everyone else,how many more morbid topics can you fkn think up?

The name will never die and the music they made will always be current and relevant to what's going on in the world and how people feel about the music they listen too. In 300 years from now at a football game they will still play WTTJ. As far as a turing band, it will end there.

This.

That's what I meant by saying that the name 'dies' when Axl dies. It'll never be used for future things.

Ofcourse the name and music is timeless, in that way the name will never die.

If Axl Rose dies then the name dies with him. There would be NO GNR without Axl Rose. I think he's proven it time and time again.

So everything to do with Elvis just ground to a halt in '77? People are just wondering if we're getting Holo-Axl & the vaults cleared out, or they're going to have a big ass bonfire in Malibu with his stuff.

He ain't dead yet! A little too premature to speculate who gets what.

The name will never die and the music they made will always be current and relevant to what's going on in the world and how people feel about the music they listen too. In 300 years from now at a football game they will still play WTTJ. As far as a turing band, it will end there.

This.

Depends on Axl's will - for the sake of argument we will assume someone of Axl's worth has a will...

Typical wills vest the decedent's assets to their familial heirs - I would assume to be Axl's brother and sister, or alternatively, to his siblings children if they were to predecease Axl.

However, Axl isn't a "typical" guy so who knows who he named. I would think his attorney strongly advised it to go to his family though. My *guess* is Axl is leaving the house (possibly with a mortgage) to his staff who have lived there for the past 20 years.

Obviously this hopefully doesn't happen anytime soon..But I wondered who would control of the name and how that would affect the GNR material that Axl, Slash and Duff are co-owners of?

The name Guns N' Roses will never be used in future material or whatever. When Axl dies, the name dies too.

Exactly! Unless Axl will leave it for smb. :shrugs:

If Axl Rose dies then the name dies with him. There would be NO GNR without Axl Rose. I think he's proven it time and time again.

So everything to do with Elvis just ground to a halt in '77? People are just wondering if we're getting Holo-Axl & the vaults cleared out, or they're going to have a big ass bonfire in Malibu with his stuff.

Well, like Axl, there was no one to replace Elvis. I'm not saying that GNR stuff wouldn't be released anymore. I meant that the band as a whole without Axl would be over with.

Of course, GNR merch would still be released. That wouldn't or couldn't be stopped. There will always be fans of Axl just like there are fans of Elvis and any other musician that has died.

I'm just saying without Axl Rose, the band GNR would be over and done.

One thing I hope never happens is GNR tours without Axl

I always cringe at Queen, Doors, Inxs replacing such icons and still using the name.

Exactly... Just imagine... Guns N' Roses without frontman Axl...

No way!

GNR will end finally

If Team Brazil got the rights and they are out of money, they released tons of stuff, imo

Yeah, I'd hope that would be the case...but whoever he leaves it to will have a say in how the name is used regarding the classic material and would have to interact with Slash and Duff regarding the classic material...I'd hate it to be someone who didn't deserve that responsibility or had unhelpful grudges. Just my opinion.

Beta will sing! NOT!!!

How about an Axl and Beta double album ala Lennon and Yoko? :rofl-lol:

Agreed. Would love it if they posed for a nude cover like john and yoko did!

I'm just saying without Axl Rose, the band GNR would be over and done.

No shit Sherlock!

The label would probably release rare material and demos and any unreleased songs. They would release another greatest hits or a box set. They would remaster all the albums. Probably release live albums. The band would stop touring because there is no GNR or NuGNR without Axl.

Edited by rocker rockstar