GN'R no longer with the record company..

AXLFUCKINROSE

Guns n Roses is now cult. Suck on that.

2017: GNR is now playing bowling alleys - SUCK ON IT HATERS

Once again, you demonstrate how blinded you are by your ignorance. The South American continent and the numbers GnR puts up there continue to own you, hard. Sorry 'bout chya bro!

i've been plenty critical of Axl, but other than the U.S. their touring numbers are pretty good.

Slash won the U.S. fair and square. But in the rest of the world, it ain't so clear cut.

It'll be interesting to see what this means for the band. You just never know what might be the good omen needed to facilitate productivity.

i've been plenty critical of Axl, but other than the U.S. their touring numbers are pretty good.

Slash won the U.S. fair and square. But in the rest of the world, it ain't so clear cut.

It'll be interesting to see what this means for the band. You just never know what might be the good omen needed to facilitate productivity.

How did Slash win the US though? Even with constant promotion, force fed radio play and all of the guest appearances somebody could reasonably make, his US touring numbers are still way smaller. More people are interested in seeing Axl and his "hacks" than Slash and his. It's an indisputable fact.

It's been this way for a while. But they're still listed under the UMG roster. My guess is that any future releases will be under a different imprint. Interscope started off as a hip hop label and that remains its primary focus; GnR was rolled into the Interscope roster when Geffen was swallowed up by the merger. Geffen is still technically a label, but it's basically just a subsidiary run entirely by Interscope (Jimmy Iovine), rather than being an actual label. Been this way since the late 90s. Wouldn't be surprised if GnR shifted over to another one of the UMG subsidiaries like Island or V2 for their next release since there appears to be some issue with Iovine and Interscope

Of course, it would be best if GnR could in fact go independent. Major labels are a thing of the past and are more of an impediment than a necessity these days

Slash won the U.S. fair and square.

In terms of getting positive publicity from the mainstream press, Slash wins hands down

In terms of record and ticket sales, not so much. His last album was about 85,000 copies sold when it fell out of the Billboard 200, and he was playing 1,500-3,000 person venues and failing to sell out at most shows.

You have a contact at Universal????

Have u ever asked him or her whats next on GNR releases??

Itd be greta to have some water in this agonic desert of uninformation.

Any reply will be a way thanked!

Rock on bro!

You have a contact at Universal????

Have u ever asked him or her whats next on GNR releases??

Itd be great to have some water in this agonic desert of uninformation.

Any reply will be a way thanked!

Rock on bro!

OK, calm down....

Up until a month ago I worked at the biggest record label in the country (for 3 years). We were the official distributer of UMG media in Israel, I did import, so I actually do have connections at Universal.

I contacted the girl I used to work with at UMG. She checked it for me, and UMG didn't drop GnR and/or release any rights to any of the recorded material.

/thread

Lock this shit.

according to my contact at universal, they are still with the label.

For the love of Christ,stop pretending to be important,nobody believes anything you say.

Delusional balding 45 yr old psychopath. :jerkoff:

It's been this way for a while. But they're still listed under the UMG roster. My guess is that any future releases will be under a different imprint. Interscope started off as a hip hop label and that remains its primary focus; GnR was rolled into the Interscope roster when Geffen was swallowed up by the merger. Geffen is still technically a label, but it's basically just a subsidiary run entirely by Interscope (Jimmy Iovine), rather than being an actual label. Been this way since the late 90s. Wouldn't be surprised if GnR shifted over to another one of the UMG subsidiaries like Island or V2 for their next release since there appears to be some issue with Iovine and Interscope

Of course, it would be best if GnR could in fact go independent. Major labels are a thing of the past and are more of an impediment than a necessity these days

Slash won the U.S. fair and square.

In terms of getting positive publicity from the mainstream press, Slash wins hands down

In terms of record and ticket sales, not so much. His last album was about 85,000 copies sold when it fell out of the Billboard 200, and he was playing 1,500-3,000 person venues and failing to sell out at most shows.

Thanks for clarifying this for the misinformed masses shotgun :thumbsup:

Edited by sailaway

Any source on those figures?

Yes,ask shotgun as he made the original post.

Yes,ask shotgun as he made the original post.

Yes, that's why I quoted his original post.

Edited by Projected

OK, calm down....

Up until a month ago I worked at the biggest record label in the country (for 3 years). We were the official distributer of UMG media in Israel, I did import, so I actually do have connections at Universal.

I contacted the girl I used to work with at UMG. She checked it for me, and UMG didn't drop GnR and/or release any rights to any of the recorded material.

/thread

Lock this shit.

Please do.