how long will you give team brasil the benefit of the doubt?

HisRoyalSweetness

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

obviously, we're riding the crest of a pretty amazing wave when it comes to how gnr's new management has shaken things up... we've got an awesome new site with great new content, live streams, and shows as vastly different as rio and the wedding gig. but let's face it: the yardstick we'll all use to measure team brasil's success is their ability to get a new record into the hands of the eager, rabid fan base. as fans, we're naturally going to give them the benefit of the doubt in this regard. but how long will you be willing to maintain your optimism?

oh, come on. don't be too sensitive. i mean, did you see my topic they deleted from attitude the other day? this is nothing.

why are you afraid to have a conversation about how long you're willing to wait before you would start to doubt current management's ability to get the new album out? i for one could see the record label stone-walling them and being total assholes. they own the volumes of leftovers from chinese democracy, which axl seems intent on releasing despite the pleas of his new band to let them record some music of their own. if the label wants to, they could technically keep axl from releasing that music? or anything under the name gnr that they don't approve. right? after the cd debacle, i could see them not wanting to roll the dice on axl again. they dodged a bullet with the best buy deal. but i could also see them wanting to sit on his music out of spite. agree or disagree, i'm sure you can admit that they could make a pretty compelling case for axl having been a giant pain in the ass to them.

so basically, what i'm saying is team brasil could face some challenges in getting new music released, regardless of whether or not they're ready and willing to do so.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

i think they should stop touring so much and start wroking on a new album release. the sooner the better.

Well, considering 'Chinese Democracy' was better than 'Nevermind' ... maybe they shouldn't.

What if the next album is better than 'Dark Side of the Moon'?

Maybe the world's not ready?

it would probably outsell a lot of rock records because it will have the name guns n' roses on it.

One minute you guys are saying Guns n Roses is nothing, and then the next you're saying the name itself is going to sell records. Make up yer fuckin mind, brah!

Despite the PG-rated stealth trolling going on in the opening post, the fact remains it remains to be seen just what exactly the future holds. Keep running your mouths. If we get a new record, I promise you I am going to be gloating so hard. :hahafyou:

stay on topic please.

how long will be too long? will there ever be a point where you give up hope on them getting new stuff out?

personally, if you were in for chinese democracy, i can't understand ever bailing. that album took so long. by that point, you've already proven you can handle a wait.

it would probably outsell a lot of rock records because it will have the name guns n' roses on it.

One minute you guys are saying Guns n Roses is nothing, and then the next you're saying the name itself is going to sell records. Make up yer fuckin mind, brah!

Despite the PG-rated stealth trolling going on in the opening post, the fact remains it remains to be seen just what exactly the future holds. Keep running your mouths. If we get a new record, I promise you I am going to be gloating so hard. :hahafyou:

what the fuck?! who's full of doubt now?

how long will be too long? will there ever be a point where you give up hope on them getting new stuff out?

Not even you are stupid enough to think that it is just up to Team Brazil. If Axl decides to not release again there is very little Team Brazil, or any managers, could do about it. That being said, I believe Axl intends to release again, and I believe Team Brazil will play a part in making that happen, and I believe it will happen in 2014, and if it hasn't happened by, let's say, 2016, then I will be disappointed. But if a new record never happens, then I will "blame" Axl and no one else.

That thing of the world not been prepared for an

Album is just bullshit. Using that as excuse is very poor.

The goal of any artist is excactly that.

Release something totally new and shocking

That breaks any standard, any rules.

The stones? The world ready for that, no!

Same with the beatles.

Guns was a real turn at their time and thats why

They become so big.

Not even you are stupid enough to think that it is just up to Team Brazil. If Axl decides to not release again there is very little Team Brazil, or any managers, could do about it. That being said, I believe Axl intends to release again, and I believe Team Brazil will play a part in making that happen, and I believe it will happen in 2014, and if it hasn't happened by, let's say, 2016, then I will be disappointed. But if a new record never happens, then I will "blame" Axl and no one else.

not even you are stupid enough to think that it's just up to axl. chinese democracy II won't be released because axl wakes up one morning and decides it's time. business managers actually have jobs. there's a lot that goes into making an album come out beyond recording and re-recording instruments. the moment axl decides he's ready to release is the moment when we see what his managers are made of. they've got an uphill climb when it comes to giving the label what they want. and something tells me beta won't be willing to accept any compromises on her client's behalf -- regardless of how realistic they are.

not even you are stupid enough to think that it's just up to axl.

No, and I didn't even imply that.