slash is a fuckin beast

Dead Flower

what a fuckin show. awesome awesome awesome.

they played wttj in the encore. i havent been keeping up... is that a special treat for perthites or a common thing now?

anyway it fuckin rocked. todd sang and fuckin hit it out of the park.

opened with fuckin HALO. awesome.

10/10 slashman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a fuckin show. awesome awesome awesome.

they played wttj in the encore. i havent been keeping up... is that a special treat for perthites or a common thing now?

anyway it fuckin rocked. todd sang and fuckin hit it out of the park.

opened with fuckin HALO. awesome.

10/10 slashman

Jungle is not one of the songs they play alot. Probably only 3 or 4 times in the past 2 tours. Glad you had a great time.

It's been played live by him I think 3-4 times ever before today. So it is super rare to see from him all things considered.

Must have been a hell of a gig for them to decide to bust it out because it isn't done often.

Slash said that they hadnt played it in over a year and a half so we were pretty spoilt getting it. I must say that the singer (dunno know his name, Todd??) really hacked it up though, sounded more like a karaoke singer in my opinion.

Hats off to Miles though he seemed to be enjoying himself and sang like a champion...but was with the constant hand sanitizing all night???

Hats off to Miles though he seemed to be enjoying himself and sang like a champion...but was with the constant hand sanitizing all night???

Lol. Myles is a bit of a germophobe. Especially when he's overseas as he can tend to get sick. When his instrument is part of his body it's understandable. If he gets sick and can't sing that's obviously not good. 99.9999% Myles sticks it out damn well when he's sick, but Alter Bridge had to cancel their first show in years either last fall or fall 2 yrs ago because Myles was just far too sick.

Haha is that what those spray bottles of green shit were .

Man I thought Todd nailed Jungle. That said, the crowd was singing along and going mental so maybe I was just caught up in the moment.

Crowd loved Todd. Dr Alibi went off too.

I did my hardest rocking to Slither and My Michelle.

Whole night rocked.

Anastasia awesome!

Todd sounded sick on WTTJ... best version i seen of it played live since the appetite lineup. the concert was great even though slash's guitar sound could have done with abit more distortion like the old days, great crowd and a couple got engaged in the front row which myles thought was cool. anastasia and slither were the two other highlights for me and cought slashs pick after paradise :)

Really does show, that its impossible to replicate someone's guitar sound and feel. Even if you had the same guitar and amp, on the same settings, you still couldn't recreate a guitar player's feel and attack.

Those opening notes to Jungle, right into the main riff, truelly belongs to Slash

LA

Just goes to show how bad Axl needs to ditch the multiple keyboard players as they ruin the songs. That version has that nice raw sound like it used to back in the day.

Actually thought Todd did a decent job on vocals from what I could make out. I really like what he brings to the band as he is a very talented guy vocally and has a great stage presence.

When Slash left, Axl should have had him put together the new GNR as he nailed it finding a drummer/bassist who capture the feel of that classic GNR sound.

Watching Slash play the GNR stuff more and more only makes you realize how sterile sounding new GNR is musically on that same material.

Just goes to show how bad Axl needs to ditch the multiple keyboard players as they ruin the songs. That version has that nice raw sound like it used to back in the day.

Actually thought Todd did a decent job on vocals from what I could make out. I really like what he brings to the band as he is a very talented guy vocally and has a great stage presence.

When Slash left, Axl should have had him put together the new GNR as he nailed it finding a drummer/bassist who capture the feel of that classic GNR sound.

Watching Slash play the GNR stuff more and more only makes you realize how sterile sounding new GNR is musically on that same material.

Do Pitman and Dizzy even do anything in the current Jungle performances? I've never noticed. I know Dizzy fucks around during the end of Nightrain, but that's about all I can think of as far as "ruining the songs" goes.

inb4 civil war and other songs that actually have piano in the studio versions

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Shit, listening to Slash play the intro was almost orgasmic and this was just a low quality Youtube clip. I can only imagine how great it must have been live.