Many years ago today

recklessroad

August 30,1985 at the Stardust Ballroom this gig was really the first one that was ever video taped but it was not done by me and the guy that did it died over 20 years ago. There is now a Home Depot there. Where did the time go? it seams like 10 years ago. The band already wrote "Jungle" a month before and put together "Rocket Queen" about 2 weeks later. The band had no idea who they really were at this point.

post-37284-0-97510600-1346389456_thumb.j

post-37284-0-00893100-1346389469_thumb.j

Edited by recklessroad

August 30,1985 at the Stardust Ballroom this gig was really the first one that was ever video taped but it was not done by me and the guy that did it died over 20 years ago. There is now a Home Depot there. Where did the time go? it seams like 10 years ago. The band already wrote "Jungle" a month before and put together "Rocket Queen" about 2 weeks later. The band had no idea who they really were at this point.

Amazing photo's - thank you for sharing...

did you get yourself a copy of this first taping, was that 27years ago?

No, I never even got to see it I just remember seeing it being filmed and thinking that would be a cool thing to have. His name was Black Randy and he also helped kick in for the bands first demo. He was not around for long and I never saw him again.

No, I never even got to see it I just remember seeing it being filmed and thinking that would be a cool thing to have. His name was Black Randy and he also helped kick in for the bands first demo. He was not around for long and I never saw him again.

This guy?

Hopefully someone has the video, and it didn't get thrown out or erased. I read he had also made documentaries, so maybe someone has it stashed away.

This guy?

Hopefully someone has the video, and it didn't get thrown out or erased. I read he had also made documentaries, so maybe someone has it stashed away.

Haha, that's Diane Lane in that video. Apparently Bon Jovi's Shot Through The Heart is written about her...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I love these little facts you give us. Thank you for being here. ^_^

I couldn't agree more, I love reading these little curiosities. Really interesting for us. Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup:

At the Roxy for the first time August 31, 1985 they only played for 20 minutes because they were 10 minutes late getting on stage. They had to sell 100 tickets to be the opening band. post-37284-0-72504400-1346467194_thumb.j

Marc, do you ever look at the old photos and see people in the audience you recognize who you haven't thought of in a million years ?

At the Roxy for the first time August 31, 1985 they only played for 20 minutes because they were 10 minutes late getting on stage. They had to sell 100 tickets to be the opening band. post-37284-0-72504400-1346467194_thumb.j

Marc, do you ever look at the old photos and see people in the audience you recognize who you haven't thought of in a million years ?

I've wondered which entertainers (at the time, or would be famous in the 90s) were early supporters of GNR.

I saw my wife in the crowed with her date and I didn't even know her till 2 years latter. I see all kinds of people that I haven't sean in may years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

28 years ago today was the first LA Guns show with Axl in the band at the Troubadour October 5, 1984 Axl asked me to shoot this show and I had to sneak away from Slash to do it because Slash would have been pissed that I was helping Axl and Tracii. Hollywood Rose had just broke up and Tracii was a rival of Slash when they were in High School

post-37284-0-76466200-1349423411_thumb.j

28 years ago today was the first LA Guns show with Axl in the band at the Troubadour October 5, 1984 Axl asked me to shoot this show and I had to sneak away from Slash to do it because Slash would have been pissed that I was helping Axl and Tracii. Hollywood Rose had just broke up and Tracii was a rival of Slash when they were in High School

:thumbsup:

28 years - that's amazing. Such a cool & rare photo !

Thank you for posting it.

what songs did Axl sing in LA guns?

Bloodshot Eyes

Shadow of your love

Nice Boys

If you don't love me

Stick To Your Guns

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

• 1 month later...